official Giants thread

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight we got well and truly shafted. I DON`T think the Giants were anything special, we just didn`t turn up. AND I agree with an earlier post too, I think unless there is a miracle, the Vikings are gonna serve us our ***** on a plate.....sorry, just my opinion.
You're entitled to your opinion, but other then the Jordy Nelson touchdown, the Giants defense gave a really good offense fits all night. Call it injuries, but as a Giants fan who has seen Giant teams ravished with injuries; no excuse. You guys got beat by a team who wanted to show the world they were better then the last few weeks. Good luck the rest of the way.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Howie Long doesn't have the credentials that you do.
Howie Long doesn't have the access to the players, coaches, and opposing coaches, scouts that you do.
Howie Long doesn't have access to the coaches film that you do.

Apparently.

We are only missing one starter on the OL, him.
And they looked like a unit of girl scouts out there.
They can't pass protect or run block.

I saw a play where TJ Lang simply had to block Jason Webster on the right edge and there was a big gain to be had for Alex Green. Lang was no match for the 190-pound Webster and Green lost a yard.

I saw a play where both Sitton and someone else whiffed on a Giant guy and blocked nobody, allowing a sack.

I saw a play where Marshall Newhouse looked like Jack Sikma trying go guard Michael Jordan in 1985. Osi Umenyiora deaked right around Newhouse untouched for a stripsack.

Missing just Bulaga, these guys looked like the offensive line of Auburn.

I couldn't agree more. But I'll have to say that although I was down on Bulaga he is light years ahead of Lang. God our OL is a mess and I don't see how it will get better. Last night just killed me to see that kind of ineptness. :(

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically the defense is still awful ..... with o line not stopping a pass rush Rodgers can't offset it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You're entitled to your opinion, but other then the Jordy Nelson touchdown, the Giants defense gave a really good offense fits all night. Call it injuries, but as a Giants fan who has seen Giant teams ravished with injuries; no excuse. You guys got beat by a team who wanted to show the world they were better then the last few weeks. Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks for being so polite about it. Without doubt you were the better team and got a good result. I just don`t think the
Giants were anything special though. I wish you all the best for the rest of the season, and HOPEFULLY, although I doubt it will happen, we might meet in the playoffs ;).

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for being so polite about it. Without doubt you were the better team and got a good result. I just don`t think the
Giants were anything special though. I wish you all the best for the rest of the season, and HOPEFULLY, although I doubt it will happen, we might meet in the playoffs ;).

Right now barring a major melt down.... The Giants will host the Packers in wild card round......

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the season ended today that is.
we could win the division..... I think the Bears have an easier road at this point...... The fail mary made hurts us. Giants will win their division. 49ers and Falcons will both win theirs. Not sure much else might change other than the 6th seed.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we could win the division..... I think the Bears have an easier road at this point...... The fail mary made hurts us. Giants will win their division. 49ers and Falcons will both win theirs. Not sure much else might change other than the 6th seed.
Giants have the Ravens, Saints, Falcons, skins, and Philly.. 3, possibly 4 tough games there.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Giants have the Ravens, Saints, Falcons, skins, and Philly.. 3, possibly 4 tough games there.
ravens have alot of guys missing on D, Saints have little defense, Falcons barely scrape by in every game, Philly will offer zero resistance

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravens have alot of guys missing on D, Saints have little defense, Falcons barely scrape by in every game, Philly will offer zero resistance

Skins they contained RGIII once they can do it again. Ravens that can be tough game. Saints out doors in Dec... not gonna happen. Falcons I saw them in the playoff game last year and they smothered. I do not see different result. The Falcons had a fairly easy year way way over rated. Noise will be a factor in Atlanta. Philly is dead....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Right now barring a major melt down.... The Giants will host the Packers in wild card round......
I think you`re being slightly optomistic I`m sorry to say P-E-Z. I hope I`m wrong.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Packers have virtually abandoned their no huddle offense? It seems to keep defenses off balance and on the field (no ability to substitute). Plus I trust Rodgers play calling ability over MM's. I don't have stats, but when they were running it last year, they seemed to be unstoppable.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Packers have virtually abandoned their no huddle offense? It seems to keep defenses off balance and on the field (no ability to substitute). Plus I trust Rodgers play calling ability over MM's. I don't have stats, but when they were running it last year, they seemed to be unstoppable.

I would say depends on the team they are playing

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had a blast at the game and I would like to say thank you to the Green Bay Packers fans that were there for being so nice and acting awesome. I got to meet some really nice people. Classy fanbase.

I have to agree with you that although we won, we did look a
ittle off. He looked better but Eli did miss a couple easy passes at times. It almost looked as if he were rushing it a couple times. Hopefully he gets back in his groove soon enough.

Good luck for the rest of the season and if we make the playoffs, I look forward to playing you guys again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts