official Giants thread

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be a tough game. Giants rested and they need this win pretty bad. I have a feeling Eli will find his arm again. Packers are still pretty banged up. Doesn't look like we'll have Matthews again, and although the defense did pretty good last week without him, I'm not sure they can do that 2 weeks in a row.

If MM calls the same crap game as he did against the Lions, we'll lose. EDS got completely manhandled last week by Fairley. He'll have to do better this time around. If Starks runs well and Rodgers/MM keeps the defense off balance with quick passes over the middle to Cobb and Finley (since everyone seems to want to take the outside receivers away from us), we stand a good chance.

12theTruth

Giants have lost two in a row, but they'll have NO problem getting ready for the Packers. It was the Giants who demolished the 49ers at Candlestick Park earlier this season 26-3 the same 49ers who ran at will against the Pack and ground our marginal running attack to a complete halt.

MM is going to have to be on his game calling plays and our line play on both offense and defense need to step it up if we are to pull the upset. We won last year but we are minus several key players from that victory. It's gonna be a very tough chore but I'm crossing my fingers.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like the Giants have been the bane of the Packers existence for awhile now. This seems like the toughest game left in the regular season to me. I'd love to see a strong win, but this game worries me.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a tough game,but Eli better watch out for Hayward and House,I think he will think he can take advantage because they are rookies,Hayward will have an interception and take in for t.d.:) o-line I sure hope they open up more holes for the run game I think Finley will have a good game I like our chances pack 30 Giants 10:D

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Even if the Pack do beat them this weekend ... they'll win their horsesh*t division and then we'd have to face them again in the playoffs. So, even though the national media seems to be calling the Giants number this week, in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter if the Pack win or not...except for the fact that our guys have a score to settle ... and the Giants have had a week to stew about how shi**y they've played the last two games before the bye. All things considered, a rested and embarrassed team like the Giants, at home, presents an uphill battle.

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Its going to be another freaking close game. I sit next to a Giants fan at work. Really do not need to give him any more bragging rights.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Eli, when under pressure or when he gets hit a few times can become a head case just like cutler. Our key to victory will be to protect rodgers, get to Eli. They are still in their november slump and we need to get into their heads early on and keep our foot on that gas MM !!!! The giants have a nack for comebacks

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one gave me heartburn when the schedule first came out. We're going to win though. 24-21 Packers, Crosby redeems himself with a long field goal and we avoid OT as time expires.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be our toughest game of the season. I think it's going to show us where stand and where we are at. We are without some key players, Clay and Woodson, that's going to hurt us on D. The Giants have a very good defense and we have been having O-Line problems, that worries me. I think this is a game we can win but it may be a prelude to a playoff matchup so I would pay close attention to what happens. We seem to play better against tough teams and worse against teams that we should beat easily so there's something to hope for.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the Packers are not running their no huddle offense nearly as much as last year? Given the success they typically have with it, I would like to see MM use it more against the Giants. Yes, tougher on the road, but if we can shut those NY fans up, keep their defense on their heels and go after Kenny Phillips who won't be at 100%, we stand a much better chance at not having to rely on Mason Crosby to come in and kick the winning field goal. :D

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be attending this game......
Good for you amigo!
Hey, that Reggie Sack on Elway.... I was at that game, night game.... back in 1993 or 94 IIRC.
We got out to a huge lead... Favre threw a screen pass.... to them for a gift pick-6, and they almost came back and beat us.
It was Sterling Sharpe the superstar vs the young TE Shannon Sharpe.... Elway brought em back, but Reggie had 2 or 3 late sacks to finish it, like the 1996 Super Bowl.

This week vs the Giants can go anyway.
Giants always win after the bye.
But Dallas always beat the Red Skins on Turkey day too.

I'll hit the Giants with my 2012 Jinx Special:

Giants 37
Packers 35

Crosby misses 41-yard FG as time expires.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I agree with Kurt Warner that the Giant WRs a big key in this game. Particularly Hakeem Nicks...he's missed time with a bum knee, and looks to playing now at less than 100%. Nicks is a stud, a clutch receiver (we saw some of that last year), one of the most underrated WRs in the league and one reason why Eli has been "off". If he's back to 100% he could be the difference maker; if not, that works in our favor.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Giants have played like s**t the last two weeks, I don't see the bye changing that.

...but...but...but...the Giants had a team meeting to air their feelings - to get everything out in the open... we all know how the infamous team meetings make all things right. ;) Truthfully, I feel as though the Giants will come out and look like the Super Bowl Champs SOLELY because they're playing Green Bay. I hope our guys had a team meeting too ... with what's left of the team anyway ...because, the gas pain I have tells me that we're going to end up playing these clowns again in January.

Reaction score
If we don't get to Eli we're in trouble. I'm not confident our offense can out score theirs if MM is calling run plays 90% of the time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree the Packers' OL vs. the Giants' pass rush will tell the story of this game. EDS is going to have to elevate his play by a mile or pressure up the middle will force Rodgers out of the pocket making the job of the OTs even harder.
I'm not confident our offense can out score theirs if MM is calling run plays 90% of the time.
I hope this was meant to be humorous (but I don’t see a smilie). Check the history of this board or probably any other Packers’ board and the overwhelming complaint about McCarthy’s offense and play calling is definitely not that he runs the ball too much. Not only that but with a depleted OL vs. a good rush McCarthy better run the ball enough to keep Rodgers upright.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Packers' OL vs. the Giants' pass rush will tell the story of this game. EDS is going to have to elevate his play by a mile or pressure up the middle will force Rodgers out of the pocket making the job of the OTs even harder. I hope this was meant to be humorous (but I don’t see a smilie). Check the history of this board or probably any other Packers’ board and the overwhelming complaint about McCarthy’s offense and play calling is definitely not that he runs the ball too much. Not only that but with a depleted OL vs. a good rush McCarthy better run the ball enough to keep Rodgers upright.

Yes, I agree. We need a good performance by Starks to then open up the pass game. From all appearances, this could be the toughest game of the season. But on the other hand, we tend to prepare well for the tough ones.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let me just ask this: Is Greg Jennings definitely not playing? He has been talking about how he is finally pain free, how he felt great in practice, and he practiced (limited) all week.

That being out of the way, I think our D will show up even MORE with Clay and Charles out, against this team. Dezman Moses has been really stepping up and this game will be his highlight. I think that the D will almost have a better game than the offense. Almost.

I still see MM calling a good amount of running plays. To the tune of about 55% pass, 45% run. However, if they stick with Starks for MOST of those carries I think he has a REAL shot at breaking a long-due big TD run.

The passing game will thrive because of the play-action. Infact I almost see a play style of look for Cobb deep, then dump it off to Finley and let him bull-doze down the field. Then, once we have burned them with that, start with the short dig, slant, screen plays to Cobb and Nelson.

That is what I would gun for anyways, but I am not an NFL coach. So, by Sunday Night I will be watching with great excitement and anxiety.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts