Official Giants studs n duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only reason I can think of for choosing him and dumping Masthay had to be money. This guy sucks major.

I doubt it was money, because in the grand scheme of things we weren't talking that much "NFL Money" between the 2. Also, they would have kept Mortell if that was a big factor. I think this was a case of the Packers hoping Masthay would return to being the decent punter he once was and trying the same trick that didn't work last season, bring in one guy to push him. When it failed a second time and TT woke up wondering if the Packer could survive another season with Masthay, he pulled the trigger on Schum, someone the Packers obviously misread as well.

Not sure who evaluates punters for the Packers in helping to make these decisions, but that job should be passed to someone else.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I like Starks, but he's not helping and it is such an interchangeable position than any other team would have cut him at this point. Just stubborn behavior by management.

Given the same situation I'm guessing very few teams if any teams would have cut Starks by now. He is a backup RB who sees very few carries. No, he hasn't helped himself but based on past performance and salary cap implications I doubt he would be released. If he were being counted on to be the bell cow then maybe he would be released but he hasn't had that responsibility and as long as he doesn't he would remain emplyed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't see the need to cut Starks, but I see an advantage of putting another RB on the 53 in place of one of the 7 WR's. I think we were all holding our breath Sunday night when Lacy went out and Starks was our only option at RB. Not sure if Don Jackson is ready to play in the NFL, but if he isn't, TT should be combing the FA market for a decent 3rd down back as well as an option if Starks continues to play poorly.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of the first to criticize Aaron Rodgers on this forum, but I didn't think he looked bad tonight. As mentioned above, dropped td passes, td passes called back and a lack of WR separation all probably played a part in not scoring more tonight over Rodgers struggling.

With that being said..you can throw for 300 yards anyyy game now Rodgers:whistling:

I was at the game sitting in the end zone. You can see the whole play develop from there. Rodgers was off and had happy feet. His line protected well and he was jumpy the whole game. There was one play where he scrambled out of the pocket and had plenty of time to get his feet under him and step into the throw yet he rushed the throw off of one foot and missed Jordy wildly. While I will agree the dropped passes, called back TD & WR getting no separation was concerning. Rodgers was/has not been himself all year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still the poor technique, and poor decisions. Whatever the reason(s), he's getting closer to JAG status than GOAT.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe so, but I wouldn't pin my expectations on a play that worked well once in four years !
FYI Cobb is 5 attempts for 12 yards this year.

Cobb running the ball has worked more often than only once. It obviously doesn't this season so far though.

I know there is a group who wants a quick rhythm offense but did people see Rodgers stats when he holds the ball over something like 2.5 seconds? They were insanely high. This offense needs a mix of both and that is what they had early

Rodgers had way better stats theowing the ball under 2.5 seconds against the Giants than when holding on to the ball longer. I would prefer to have him theow the ball faster allowing the ofdense to get aome rhythm.

Members online

Latest posts