OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
He could very well be embarrassed if they don't get the win he is guaranteeing, regardless of his personal performance. You know...like Rex.

This is something I don't get about the Giants lately. They seem chattier then normal and more boisterous. They started to yap back against the Jets a little before that game and kinda stuck with it.

It's a bit odd since the Giants seemed to want to be the anti Jets before that game.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no secret that the Packers use that kind of stuff for motivation. They've come right out and said it. Especially Rodgers, he feeds off of being slighted.
all great athletes use that stuff..my point is it seems like it makes Rodgers and players on the packers better...in reality it doesnt..the packers are just better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
JPP will not be embarassed on sunday..thats one thing I know for sure the kid is a beast....90 tackles and 16.5 sacks he is all over the field..the packers may win but he wont be embarassed...people read into the talk before these games...look at rex ryan...its all bs if u ask me.

This is the same kind of thing the Packers heard about Ndamukong Suh.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is something I don't get about the Giants lately. They seem chattier then normal and more boisterous. They started to yap back against the Jets a little before that game and kinda stuck with it.

It's a bit odd since the Giants seemed to want to be the anti Jets before that game.
thats good point..they usually keep their mouths shut..and let the other teams do the talking but ever since the jets game they have been chattier...new players like that ******* rolle..who loives to run his mouth.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
This is the same kind of thing the Packers heard about Ndamukong Suh.

Yeah...because we've never encountered "a beast" before. [Edited for clarity]: We've played every NFC playoff team but one. Not really worried about running into some good players at this point.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

A lot of times it's a reflection of the coaching staff, I think. I don't think of Coughlin as a trash-talker, win-guarantee kind of guy - more the type to whine. So yeah, it's weird.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. In the NYG game this year, the Packers running game was nonexistent

2. In the NYG game this year, the Packers run and pass defense was a sieve

3. In the NYG game this year, the NYG pass defense was a sieve

4. The NYG know how to win in the playoffs, just like the Packers do

So what's the point? This game will go down to the wire -- cut the BS.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't play the games on paper.
Plus the stock is just a donation, it's not on the Nasdaq or NYSE.... why would you sell it?
Leave the Bumper Sticker on as we love our team no matter if we win Super Bowls or not.
Real Packer fans are not bandwagon fans.

But real football fans know we're not unbeatable too.

Of course we're not unbeatable, but we are a damn good football team and it will take an A+ game, I mean A++ for the Giants to beat this team. And even if they bring that game, the Packers can still win.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can't let these types of plays happen. When we get em in 3rd and long we gotta hold them. We also can't let Jacobs get a head of steam. The thought of our CBs tackling him makes me cringe if he starts getting to the 2nd level.. Not too worried about our offense against their defense. Unlike last meeting, if our D can hold em to field goals instead of touchdowns, we'll be in GREAT shape.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't let these types of plays happen. When we get em in 3rd and long we gotta hold them. We also can't let Jacobs get a head of steam. The thought of our CBs tackling him makes me cringe if he starts getting to the 2nd level..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yeah. That was a clutch play by Eli though. It's not like Eli isnt any good. I think that the Pack defense has to limit the Giants running attack. That to me will be the big thing. We may generate some pass rush but we can't rely on that. Don't let the Giants run for 150 yards and try to force Eli into making a few mistakes. With this defense you can't ask for much more than that.

Reaction score
The Packers D is the key to this game. Limit the big plays. Atlanta did a pretty good job of shutting down Victor Cruz. They doubled him and all (maybe Capers does the same) but Nicks got free. The secondary can't gamble and just focus on getting picks. Even without an effective pass rush, Clay Matthews wreaked havoc on Eli. I do think having Bishop and Hawk for this game is a big help.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

merged

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

These were the gameday inactives:
In the NYG game this year, both Packer ILB were injured and replaced with 1) a rookie and 2) a free agent.

In the NYG game this year, the Packer RG and LT were injured and DNP.

In the NYG game, the Giant center was out and replaced by the starting LG.

In the NYG game this year, the Giant starting WR was out.

In the NYG game this year, the Giant MLB and RDE were out.

I don't recall who went down during the game. Looks like injuries were a wash at the start.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's going to be a shootout. I think both defenses are going to come to play this game. Grant and Starks and Kuhn have got to be used in this game and they better come with it.
I'm all about thinking positive, but what evidence makes you think our defense will play better? It's been a rocky road for the D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
These were the gameday inactives:
In the NYG game this year, both Packer ILB were injured and replaced with 1) a rookie and 2) a free agent.

In the NYG game this year, the Packer RG and LT were injured and DNP.

In the NYG game, the Giant center was out and replaced by the starting LG.

In the NYG game this year, the Giant starting WR was out.

In the NYG game this year, the Giant MLB and RDE were out.

I don't recall who went down during the game. Looks like injuries were a wash at the start.

I was going to point that out...Missing Sitton and Cliff really hurt us

Sitton will only boost our line lot more then it was...

We are suppose to have Cliffy back at LT for the game...Will he be effective? JPP and Umenyiora be held in check by Cliff?

Then we have Bishop and Hawk back, which should help with the run game some..

Reaction score
Listen -- based on the GB NYG game, anyone who thinks the Packers are a lock for anything is a homer. No running game -- defense medicocre at best. If the NYG defense shows up, Packers are in for a long day.
I hope you realize the Packers were missing their 2 starting linebackers and 2 starting offensive linemen.

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said it perfect, great motivation will be used because of the defeat in 07! Thats why im pumped for this rematch, to get even on them gmen. I just hate Eli so much for some reason. While they have the same qb undercenter from that rematch, we have a different one. Hes been "kind've good for us".! :)
\
You hate Eli? Maybe you should go get some help . . . there's nothing to dislike about him . . . except that he's beaten you before and may do it again. Grow up!

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick thoughts (gotta run):

1. This is exactly who the majority of us thought we'd get. No surprise here.
2. We are at home this time. Could be to our advantage - and we won in their house a few weeks ago. (I actually felt better after that game than some others because it demonstrated Rodgers'/offense's ability to engineer the last-minute win, rather than the "CAN THEY HANG ON?" thing they've done a number of times.)
3. Clifton - and other stuff of that nature. (Wood concussed during that game - D got a bit disoriented in his absence?)
4. The media will be yammering all week long about how the Giants can beat us.

I think the Packers will be ready.

I also think that if the New York Giants come into Lambeau Field and win (in a clean, fairly-officiated game), then we don't deserve a chance at the championship anyway.

Champions do not play scared. Are we champions, or are we not? I say we are.

you WERE champions . . . not anymore . . .stop living in the past

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you realize the Packers were missing their 2 starting linebackers and 2 starting offensive linemen.

We have this convo in the official giants thread..In fact this is the 2nd time with in 5 hours some one mentioned it in a different area

so now this entire thread is merged with the official one

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We had a few posts being duplicated in 3 different threads

So now I merged all..

Some will hate this, some wont care..

But when we have three threads talking about the same thing, then it is time to merge those

Members online

Latest posts