OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I'm here to have intelligent conversations. I have not attacked anyone or trash talked yet. What I'm trying to say is that your point is really useless. We know he got hurt, it happens, move on. Real game speed probably didn't allow him to move away from the two guys coming at him, that is all.

Besides, I don't know what class you are talking about. I respect 99% of Packers fans, some of the most intelligent/classiest fans in the NFL . You are welcome to visit the Giants message boards, no one is talking trash about your team, mostly discussions about what we need to do to win. Talk about class, we as Giants fans come on here and notice the disrespect some of these threads have. Can't blame us for defending our team...

Regardless, I will be back after the game no matter the outcome because that's what good sportsmanship and class is all about.

OK, it's all good.... I do respect your team... And to be honest, if you won, it wouldn't surprise me... Is there anything you would want to know, tat hasn't been asked? I'll give you the best answer I can....

N

NYGIANTS141

OK, it's all good.... I do respect your team... And to be honest, if you won, it wouldn't surprise me... Is there anything you would want to know, tat hasn't been asked? I'll give you the best answer I can....

Well, I've always wondered what scares you in terms of the Giants' strengths and the Packers' weakness?

I'm mostly scared of which team shows up. Our team is so inconsistent that we never know if they will be come out flat or put up a good game. I am also not fully confident in our secondary and I'm scared of Rodgers not only shredding that secondary but also him taking off with the football which can lead to big gains due to our pass coverage.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I've always wondered what scares you in terms of the Giants' strengths and the Packers' weakness?

I'm mostly scared of which team shows up. Our team is so inconsistent that we never know if they will be come out flat or put up a good game. I am also not fully confident in our secondary and I'm scared of Rodgers not only shredding that secondary but also him taking off with the football which can lead to big gains due to our pass coverage.

I think the ability of your front four to generate pressure is huge... Our LT, Chad Clifton has missed like 12 weeks due to a hamstring injury.. He played spot duty v the Lions in the finale...One of the play by play guys for us and a ex packer, said he looked rusty.... How will he fare Sunday? Will he go down due to injury? You have the personal to push his envelope so to speak... If that happened, that would create "adversity" football... A substitution would have to be made and how would that affect the psyche of the line..

If you guys get your run game, control the clock, and keep Rodgers and company off the field that would be huge!!! And I can see that happening... Alsom Eli is a master of the play action, and the way we have been playing pass defense, it could be a long day for the team, and us fans... So those are the 2 key things in a nutshell that concern me..

Also, we need to have some semblance of a run game to keep your front four and company honest... If we can't do that, you can pin the proverbial ears back and apply pressure all game long....

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be shocked if the Giants won, and did not control the time of possession. T.O.P. & turnovers. Shutting down the Packers offense is probably impossible this side of a let down game vs KC. Best way to contain them is to keep them off the field. Hope Jacobs & Bradshaw brought their big boy pads.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be shocked if the Giants won, and did not control the time of possession. T.O.P. & turnovers. Shutting down the Packers offense is probably impossible this side of a let down game vs KC. Best way to contain them is to keep them off the field. Hope Jacobs & Bradshaw brought their big boy pads.

If they accomplish that, Manning is a master of the play action as well...And our defensive backfield can't be confused with "shut down"

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they accomplish that, Manning is a master of the play action as well...And our defensive backfield can't be confused with "shut down"

Our OC will stick with the run, even if it is not working. If for no other reason than to try and keep defenses honest. It's usually hilarious to see how it annoys impatient fans who want to forget the run if it isn't working right away. From comments I've heard the players make this week I get the feeling this is going to be their plan. Game circumstances will dictate whether or not they can try to execute the plan though. If we give up a TD in 2 minutes, having a 8 minute drive doesn't really matter.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm near the University Of Wisconsin Whitewater... And they are 3 time D3 national football champions... Their mantra is "pound the rock" Your right, score and time dictates if you continue to do so.. But if you can keep a team OFF balance, that will go far in your team winning the ball game...

N

NYGIANTS141

Yeah, the best cure to Aaron Rodgers is keeping him away from the football field. Long drives will keep him cold.

Another thing I've noticed, is every time the Giants have something go their way in a game, they BARELY EVER take advantage of it, whether it be the defense creating a 3 and out deep into the opposing team's own side of the field, creating good field position for the offense, or some sort of turnover. We never take advantage and aggressively score a touchdown, which we CANNOT let happen if we want to win this game. We just can't give Rodgers the chance to continue to lure, we must take advantage of at least 80% of things that come our way.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for what ever reason the Giants have gotten off to **** poor starts this year. That big Beckum TD vs GB was a rarity. The offense cannot come out as out of sync as we did last week. If we don't have any points with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter the game could already be over.

Honestly though, I see this game being much more low scoring than everyone excepts it to be.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on ST we have been covering kick offs and punts great. Which is shocking because we've always been pretty bad at that....ahem....desean....I actually love seeing guys take the ball out of the endzone on kick offs, but with Cobb I will probably hold my breath.

Our return game is terrible. I can tell you now we definitely won't return a punt to the house. If we got 10 yards on a punt we'd throw a parade in NY. Every once in a blue we get a good kick off return (out to our 35-40) but beyond that our return game is nothing to worry about, at all.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should also mention Tynes...he missed a 32 yard chip shot last week...missed a pretty gimmie kick vs Cowboys as well....giant fans have started making some noise, worrying about him...his 2 misses in the nfcc are being discussed much more this week than his OT 47 yarder. I have confidence in him, but I think I am in the minority there.

N

NYGIANTS141

How are your special teams??

On opposing team's kick returns, they are pretty good. during kick offs, we usually give field position near the 20 on returns... more or less. On a kickoff we are eh. we have come within one tackle of breaking one for a TD maybe 2 or 3 times this season....other than that we haven't had that many good returns. Our punter is excellent though at pinning the opponent within the 10. Our punt return is bad.

Overall, offensive special teams is below average. Defensively we are above average and the punter is excellent.

N

NYGIANTS141

should also mention Tynes...he missed a 32 yard chip shot last week...missed a pretty gimmie kick vs Cowboys as well....giant fans have started making some noise, worrying about him...his 2 misses in the nfcc are being discussed much more this week than his OT 47 yarder. I have confidence in him, but I think I am in the minority there.

Oh yeah, forgot about tynes. He can be inconsistent at times but has been good for the most part..

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on ST we have been covering kick offs and punts great. Which is shocking because we've always been pretty bad at that....ahem....desean....I actually love seeing guys take the ball out of the endzone on kick offs, but with Cobb I will probably hold my breath.

Our return game is terrible. I can tell you now we definitely won't return a punt to the house. If we got 10 yards on a punt we'd throw a parade in NY. Every once in a blue we get a good kick off return (out to our 35-40) but beyond that our return game is nothing to worry about, at all.

Last year, a group of us wanted to petition the Green Bay Packers organization to fire our special teams coordinator... That's how bad (in my opinion and others) thought the unit has played... This year, it's not as bad as last year... So I may be eating a little crow... It's not lights out, nor is it like last year... Cobb was limited in practice today, so that will be something to watch for... He is a factor in the return game.... Our punter, has been doing a relatively good job this year along with Mason Crosby, our kicker..

N

NYGIANTS141

Wow sounds exactly like our STs...we were horrible last year and it's been a little better this year.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, a group of us wanted to petition the Green Bay Packers organization to fire our special teams coordinator... That's how bad (in my opinion and others) thought the unit has played... This year, it's not as bad as last year... So I may be eating a little crow... It's not lights out, nor is it like last year... Cobb was limited in practice today, so that will be something to watch for... He is a factor in the return game.... Our punter, has been doing a relatively good job this year along with Mason Crosby, our kicker..

Ah yes, I forgot how bad your ST were last year. Pushing the kick off's up surely helped both of our squads. I heard Cobb was on the injury report today, didn't think it was too serious. Is he possibly not going to play? Or he will play but most likely won't be as affective as usual? Crosby is a beast. He has some leg. I wish we pulled the trigger on that trade...oh well.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes, I forgot how bad your ST were last year. Pushing the kick off's up surely helped both of our squads. I heard Cobb was on the injury report today, didn't think it was too serious. Is he possibly not going to play? Or he will play but most likely won't be as affective as usual? Crosby is a beast. He has some leg. I wish we pulled the trigger on that trade...oh well.

I would count Cobb in for Sunday.... He was held out the last game of the year.....So that's 3 weeks...

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would count Cobb in for Sunday.... He was held out the last game of the year.....So that's 3 weeks...

Plenty of time to rest. One thing I forgot to mention, we've muffed a few punt returns recently. I hold my breath on every punt & just hope for a fair catch. That will be heightened in the cold weather.

Are you going on Sunday?

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah....I'm only 2 1/2 from Green Bay plus I have season tickets

lucky...I wanted to go. Tix on stubhub were pretty reasonable. Couldn't get 4 people together to help split up the driving.

Were you there in the nfcc?

Members online

No members online now.