OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys again plan on suspending all Seinfeld episodes when the Giants come in to town this week?

Patrick Doyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your point...And logic says that could be true...It might affect the secondary, but not the offense..

But seeing how this years team has handled it self all year long, something tells me that 2 week layoff wont be an issue..Some it is 3..

On the NFLN just now, Brian Billeck talked to Rodgers before the last game vs the Lions...

Aaron was looking forward to having some time off..To be mentally dead for a few weeks.....

Billeck thinks Rodgers will be sharp..

Also on the NFLN in same segment they bring up the G-men players that are healthy now..With no mention of the healthy guys we have back..Why??
perhaps the players relative to each team the healthy Giants playerds are potential game changing impact ones

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
of course you dont. if you did, you would have to accept that they can and very well may lose. those giants are coming in hot and hungry off a few big wins. i think the more you speak in absolutes and refuse to see reality, the more you set yourself up to be let down. teams no matter how good go into funks when they take breaks. it happens in all sports. get real. they might come out and have a 700 yd game, but they might come out flat. it happens.

Show me one place I said they will win? I just said I dont think rust is any issue with this team...

You dont know me so please dont generalize me..Ok??

Ask people here..I was telling people to stop assuming the Packers make the Super Bowl...I was doing this back in November or sooner..

Go search for my comments on that stuff then maybe you wont ASSume I am like other fans you know..

In fact in 08 when we met you last time, on Bretts forum I was trying to tell people dont take the Giants for granted..I gave the examples of you beating Tampa and Dallas on the road and how your defense has gotten better...How others said Pack crushed them in NY at start of the season...I said dont base the game on something that happened 4 months ago...

I was ridiculed and told I wasnt a fan..I stuck to my guns...

I am a huge fan, but I am also not blind..

If we can stop your D-L from getting to much pressure, then we should be able to score enough points to keep up--just like last game. We also need to be able to be able to hold your running game in check...

If we do those two things, Packers have a very good chance of winning...If we dont, we very well can lose..

But next time dont ASSume something, thanks

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I took a lot of heat here for favoring playing Rodgers and the others during the Detroit game. I understand the "avoiding potential injury" logic, but I believe much more strongly in the momentum of a team carrying them to the SB. NY looks like they have that momentum in their favor right now. That is not to say that I think the Giants will win, I just wish it was we who were carrying the momentum (like we did last year).
I do think, however, that MM will have this team focused and ready to go. And I do believe the Pack will prevail, but I don't believe that we are "not even going to break a sweat." That's just not reality. I am looking forward to a great game between two teams that will be ready for one another. I think our healthy O-line makes the difference and our D does have some experience "rising to the occasion" and coming up big at the right time. I think they will do so again this Sunday. I think talent for talent we have an edge and I think we match up well in some key areas (like against the Giants' secondary). I think our line holds off the rush well enough to give Rodgers sufficient time to take advantage of some of the match-ups between our receivers and the Giants' defenders.
I hate those "nail-biters," but in the end those are the greatest games. Not many of us remember the huge blow-outs, but probably every Packer fan on here (and many of the Giant fans) remember the "Ice Bowl" which was won on that last second, last play QB sneak. I just hope my TV survives all of the pillows I will probably have to throw at it.

Kruunch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I see it coming into this game ...

1) Packers have already beaten the Giants this year in a close game.

2) Packers have a better team this year (and I'm a Giants fan)

3) Both QBs have taken their team all the way and both have done it by going over the other team (in 2007 in the NFC championship and last year for the Pack to get to the playoffs at the end of the year).

4) Giants are catching fire at the right time (sort of like how the Packers caught fire at the end of last season and beat the Giants to get into the playoffs)

5) Giants have a better run game. While our run game has been fairly horrid this year, we've topped 100+ yards in our last 4 games.

6) Giants have a better front 4 that are all healthy and playing well right now.

7) The Giants are playing with "house" money right now. No one expected them to do anything this year and most thought a new coaching regime was going to take over next year.

8) The Packers have more weapons then the Giants can cover in the secondary.

9) Rodgers is a mobile QB who can burn you on the ground (something the Giants have a really hard time with).

10) The Pack had one whoopsie game this year (the KC game). Statistically speaking, they're due for another one.

If the Giants can keep the Packers from starting fast, in a close game they could very well walk away with a win.

If the Packers bring their A game, independent of what the Giants do, the Packers win.

That's my take on the upcoming game. Good luck everyone ... I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S. - All our condolences and wishes to the Philbin family in this tragic time.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dont own the TV station that did it..

Go ask them??

Uh, it was a joke....lighten up, Francis.

So JPP says today he was caught up in the excitement of the win vs ATL when he made his prediction and that there is no guarantee in this game. Judging by the 10 JPP themed threads I guess that sort of takes some wind out of the "JPP is the devil" sails lol

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I see it coming into this game ...

1) Packers have already beaten the Giants this year in a close game.

2) Packers have a better team this year (and I'm a Giants fan)

3) Both QBs have taken their team all the way and both have done it by going over the other team (in 2007 in the NFC championship and last year for the Pack to get to the playoffs at the end of the year).

4) Giants are catching fire at the right time (sort of like how the Packers caught fire at the end of last season and beat the Giants to get into the playoffs)

5) Giants have a better run game. While our run game has been fairly horrid this year, we've topped 100+ yards in our last 4 games.

6) Giants have a better front 4 that are all healthy and playing well right now.

7) The Giants are playing with "house" money right now. No one expected them to do anything this year and most thought a new coaching regime was going to take over next year.

8) The Packers have more weapons then the Giants can cover in the secondary.

9) Rodgers is a mobile QB who can burn you on the ground (something the Giants have a really hard time with).

10) The Pack had one whoopsie game this year (the KC game). Statistically speaking, they're due for another one.

If the Giants can keep the Packers from starting fast, in a close game they could very well walk away with a win.

If the Packers bring their A game, independent of what the Giants do, the Packers win.

That's my take on the upcoming game. Good luck everyone ... I'm really looking forward to it.

P.S. - All our condolences and wishes to the Philbin family in this tragic time.

maybe im riding too high, but I think our defense right now may possibly be the best defense in the league with a top 7 offense vs the packers top 2 offense and one of the worst defenses. Im not sure that rigth now in this moment I can say that the Packers have an overall better team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
perhaps the players relative to each team the healthy Giants playerds are potential game changing impact ones

I see....

A pro bowl left tackle and a right guard that was named NFL Offensive Lineman of the Year by the NFL Alumni Association and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate…..they are not game changers?? They didnt play in the 1st game..

A LB who has led the team or came in 2nd for tackles in every year he has been in the league, and was voted team captain by his team mates for the playoffs....Is not a game changer?

Then another LB that led team in pass defending, 2nd in team tackles despite only starting 12 games last year (plus the 4 playoff games) Is not a game changer?

Patrick Doyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see....

A pro bowl left tackle and a right guard that was named NFL Offensive Lineman of the Year by the NFL Alumni Association and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate…..they are not game changers?? They didnt play in the 1st game..

A LB who has led the team or came in 2nd for tackles in every year he has been in the league, and was voted team captain by his team mates for the playoffs....Is not a game changer?

Then another LB that led team in pass defending, 2nd in team tackles despite only starting 12 games last year (plus the 4 playoff games) Is not a game changer?
not as much as 2 pro bowl defensive ends a starting outside linebacker(Boley our defensive signal caller) both Bradshaw and Jacobs healty and the 3rd wideout Manningham

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
maybe im riding too high, but I think our defense right now may possibly be the best defense in the league with a top 7 offense vs the packers top 2 offense and one of the worst defenses. Im not sure that right now in this moment I can say that the Packers have an overall better team.

I think you are riding a little too high, your D might be great but this whole season it seems to be focused on offenses doing amazing things. Also 2 > 7, and its not like we lost any shoot outs this year, just a badly played game. And just keep buying the media's hype that our defense is one of the worst since its not like our record is filled with losses like the Giants.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Another poster that only talks about the healthy players Giants will have back, and not the four we will have back

And two of those players will be blocking your healthy D -L

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol, no, that is from the move Stripes

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reference jokes only work when a majority of people know about the reference..

I havent seen that flick in a long time..Might have to watch it again

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
And two of those players will be blocking your healthy D -L
Haven't you heard LTF, their D-Line is unstoppable, its like a wall that goes falling down, and its not like A-Rod can do anything against it, he might be able to throw over it, or even run around in the back field. Though we can credit it can stop our seemingly optional run game.

bklyn1028

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's Tom Coughlin's record after the first half of the season?

The Giants are the same old story every year. Start out beautifully, then crash and burn. It's actually funny to watch...
REmember from Chief Lying horse of the cherokee nation (whoever the hell he is)
"Its not how you start, but how you finish". When the playoffs started, all bets are off. EVERY team starts from square one. It's not who has the best record, but who brings their game to town. Nothing against your packers, they are truly a great team, no doubt about it. However, the Saints are probably the most complete team there is in the NFL today. Your defense gives up a ton of yards, and Eli and his receivers can also. Nope, I'm sorry, you will be facing a different NY Giants this time around.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reference jokes only work when a majority of people know about the reference..

I havent seen that flick in a long time..Might have to watch it again

Why don't you give me a list of all tv shows, movies, and books you've read so I can make sure my next reference meets the guidelines. =]

Why are people making such a big deal out of who has more healthy guys back this time around? Neither team was without their QB, that's all that really matters. Our last meeting has no bearing on this game besides letting the Giants know they can hang with GB, and letting GB know that our best shot (so far) wasn't good enough.

IMO, the injury stuff is lame. None of us know if those injured guys would have had a great game, a rare off game, or been a non-factor.

Patrick Doyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you give me a list of all tv shows, movies, and books you've read so I can make sure my next reference meets the guidelines. =]

Why are people making such a big deal out of who has more healthy guys back this time around? Neither team was without their QB, that's all that really matters. Our last meeting has no bearing on this game besides letting the Giants know they can hang with GB, and letting GB know that our best shot (so far) wasn't good enough.

IMO, the injury stuff is lame. None of us know if those injured guys would have had a great game, a rare off game, or been a non-factor.
Except that Osi and Tuck's return to health is in direct corellation to the turn around in the defense's play.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
not as much as 2 pro bowl defensive ends a starting outside linebacker(Boley our defensive signal caller) both Bradshaw and Jacobs healty and the 3rd wideout Manningham

I thought Boley played 1st game? dont make me go and check..

Brad and Jac both played 1st game...

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that Osi and Tuck's return to health is in direct corellation to the turn around in the defense's play.

and they feel their players being back will have a huge impact on the game. Yada, yada yada....you're all going in circles.

I thought Boley played 1st game? dont make me go and check..

Brad and Jac both played 1st game...

Boley played, but it was his first game back and he rushed back, at about 60-70% for the game. In his interview yesterday he said he wasn't healthy, prob should have sat out the week, and was a non-factor due to his health (or so he felt)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I am just giving ya hard time..Chilax!!

We keep hearing how your d-l are healthy and will be all over the place.....

We have our best lineman back for this game..We didnt have them for the last game..They do have an impact on how well Rodgers is protected from your d-l..

That is why I am making a big deal out of it....No one is making mention of it, it is like only your d=l being healthy is important...

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just giving ya hard time..Chilax!!

We keep hearing how your d-l are healthy and will be all over the place.....

We have our best lineman back for this game..We didnt have them for the last game..They do have an impact on how well Rodgers is protected from your d-l..

That is why I am making a big deal out of it....No one is making mention of it, it is like only your d=l being healthy is important...

I am only kidding as well! Tone is completely lost on forums.

I agree that your players being healthy will be an impact on the game too. I was saying both sides have more healthy bodies back for this game and it is futile to try and compare what would have happened with so and so healthy. Giants fans are putting so much stock in it because our DL is our bread & butter, if we win that's where it started.

whakka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i predicted the blowout against atl. i said 41-10 giants. wasnt off too much in the differential. this one i have to believe my giants can do it, im gonna say:

30-24 giants win.

first half is a defensive battle while both teams' offense kinda struggles to get moving, yes i see green bays defense even studding up. maybe 7-7 at the half. many punts.

i think the real difference maker isnt the defense in the end, its jacobs. i think brandon jacobs is going to get a lot of carries, and the packers defense by the second half is just going to be beat up by it. then a relativly fresh bradshaw rips a few, passing opens up. we go to sf for the championship.

before any of you packers ppl start telling me how wrong i am, its the same thing i heard about the falcons, the cowboys and the jets, and the same thing you said in 07.

Staff online

Latest posts