OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score
I don't really agree with much about that article.
He's talking about us shuffling our O-Line but our O-Line is healthy now, so I don't understand how that's an issue anymore.
The Giants sacked Matt Ryan twice, both of those times I believe he was just sitting in the pocket.
Mind you the Giants sacked Aaron twice in the previous game this year with our, shuffled O-Line.
Aaron can extend the play and has a passer rating of ~134.5 when under pressure. I'm not so sure I'm afraid of that front four.

The last time we played each other the Giants only had 100 total rushing yards, while we had both Bishop and Hawk out of the game.

As far as the Finley thing goes I don't think he necessarily needs a HUGE day, what he needs to be doing is assuring first downs and just keeping drives alive.

I'm also not very afraid of Eli.[/quote]
as a Giants fan I am curious as to why you wouldn't be afraid of Eli and the Giants O putting up some good numbers? I dont mean to be a wise guy. Just would like the perspective of a non Giants fans.....

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, PackFanNChiTown, you said a mouth full, hahaha....I'm not being artificially polite. I get enough smack talk from those scum of the earth Eagles fans, and the Cowboys fans who live in NY. I actually like the Packers, except for this week of course.

I must say, I have no idea what media outlets you follow, because up here in NY no one is taking the Packers lightly. The talk pretty much is "I expect the Giants to hang close, make it a game..." that's as far as anyone will go. To be honest, I kind of get the feeling Packers fans have a little swag going on here (and I guess rightfully so, you guys are on an insane run) where if any team even thinks they can challenge you guys it's like "oh, REALLY?". What do you guys expect the Giants to be like "oh wow Rogers is awesome, GB is so good, why even bother showing up?". I distinctly remember that being the feeling going in to the NFC Championship game, after you guys waxed us during the season and then dismantled Seattle. I'm not saying that what ever happened in 07 will happen again, GB is better this year, but I think we are better too. It's going to be one hell of a game.

One thing you are correct about, if we do fear, or "respect" one team more than any other, it's the Saints. Which makes perfect sense. Look at the two teams. We've won in GB, in the playoffs before, we've played you guys close. The last two times we've played NO in NO we had our doors blown off. I was looking to avoid the Saints much more than GB. I actually wanted GB again in the playoffs. Not because I know we will win, but because I respect the team a lot and think it'll be a great measuring stick for our team. My first thought after the 38-35 loss was "man, they're real good, but I want another shot at 'em". Now we've got it, and damn I'm pumped for it!

I don't want to hear about how we laid down vs Washington, that's in the past. For what ever reason we play down to our opponents level. You can focus on that game if you want, but I guarantee you won't see that same team that lost to Washington on the field on Sunday. Maybe we will lose, but it will be a good game, I am certain of that.

This is Lambeau Field, place where even our backup QB can score six touchdowns against playoff teams.

I liked this line, because my first thought was "it's the same Lambeau from January 2008, right? Maybe you guys shoulda used your back up QB in that game". Hahaha

I'm pumped for a good game vs a formidable opponent, now that the smack talk is out of your system, lets hear your prediction for Sunday!

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this year, Jones has been brilliant, he made a point last year that he was going to eliminate the drops and he has proven that so far.

We blitzed more than usual lately, I think it's because we've also been using man coverage a lot more lately too. If I have one negative about our rush lately it seems to be that a hard snap count has gotten us a few times. Not to jump off sides, but we've shown our blitz too early. Maybe that's bc Romo and Ryan are good at that, but I would assume Rogers can do that to us too.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also not very afraid of Eli.
You forgot that Eli carved us up on the NFC Title game 4 years ago, or that he's a lot better now, having thrown an NFL-record 15 fourth quarter touchdowns this season?

Or you forgot that 5 weeks ago he marched them the length of the field on us, do-or-die, and threw for a TD and got the 2-PAT to tie the game at 35?

You might be brave & all, no fear of anything except spiders and snakes perhaps, but Eli certainly has earned my respect. And I've seen our defense try and make Orton and Freeman look like Pro Bowlers this season.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really agree with much about that article.
He's talking about us shuffling our O-Line but our O-Line is healthy now, so I don't understand how that's an issue anymore.
The Giants sacked Matt Ryan twice, both of those times I believe he was just sitting in the pocket.
Mind you the Giants sacked Aaron twice in the previous game this year with our, shuffled O-Line.
Aaron can extend the play and has a passer rating of ~134.5 when under pressure. I'm not so sure I'm afraid of that front four.

The last time we played each other the Giants only had 100 total rushing yards, while we had both Bishop and Hawk out of the game.

As far as the Finley thing goes I don't think he necessarily needs a HUGE day, what he needs to be doing is assuring first downs and just keeping drives alive.

I'm also not very afraid of Eli.

You sound like a really big homer. Nothing wrong with that ... whatever gets your rocks off. I just think your love of your own team and QB is clouding your thoughts. I love how you fail to give us any credit whatsoever in any area. You're making it seem in your team is invincible. Invincible they are not. Are the GB Packers an excellent football team and a better football team than the Giants? No doubt. Has Aaron Rodgers made a case for himself being the best passer in the NFL? Certainly has. But don't fool yourself Thor, we are hungry for revenge and we are playing great ball right now. We know we got robbed by the officials in our last meeting. Do I need to post the Ballard photo? I hope you will give us some respect even though you have rolled through almost all opposition the past 23 games (except the....Chiefs?) The great thing about this game is you guys are expected to win regardless of what the media hypes up about us. If we lose I will not be surprised nor very upset. We would have just lost to an excellent football team...no shame in that. And if we do some how beat you guys, I will make sure to come back and make you eat a huge crow sandwich. Which you probably won't just based on your demeanor. Maybe then you'll show the NY Giants a little respect.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot that Eli carved us up on the NFC Title game 4 years ago, or that he's a lot better now, having thrown an NFL-record 15 fourth quarter touchdowns this season?

Or you forgot that 5 weeks ago he marched them the length of the field on us, do-or-die, and threw for a TD and got the 2-PAT to tie the game at 35?

You might be brave & all, no fear of anything except spiders and snakes perhaps, but Eli certainly has earned my respect. And I've seen our defense try and make Orton and Freeman look like Pro Bowlers this season.
ur a very realistic honest fan imo..are there more like u here?

Reaction score
Yeah there's been a lot of technical issues with our boards recently. Some longtime members lost their accounts and such...I'll see if I can find out anything for you.

I'll tell you what these boards are awesome. So much more sleek and user friendly than GMB.
Ah Thanks. And I love the Packers board too. They switched it to the new one (from the one you guys had) last February and I think I'm spoiled with it now.
i'm a mod there... we had registration closed. we have sicne opened it, you of gotten a notification. signup again
Nice. Sorry about the tech. issues. Another forum lost all their threads, content, and accounts. Hopefully that doesn't happen to either our forum or yours. I wouldn't mind if it happened to the Bears forum though! Haha

Reaction score
This is Lambeau Field, place where even our backup QB can score six touchdowns against playoff teams.

I liked this line, because my first thought was "it's the same Lambeau from January 2008, right? Maybe you guys shoulda used your back up QB in that game". Hahaha
You mean Aaron Rodgers? I would have put him in for overtime at least. Ha!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ur a very realistic honest fan imo..are there more like u here?
There are a few others like that yes, but more believe we are invincible playing at home.
I know we've never ever lost a home playoff game that wasn't f***d up by Brett Farve, but I also know the Giants are a lot better than their record indicates, and they pose a lot of matchup issues for us.

The last game was close in week 14. I think the Giants are healthier, playing much better, and are more confident now.

I'm shocked the pointspread is around 8 1/2 and I will wager A LOT on the Giants and hope we win by 7 :eek:)

The thing is I bet against us a lot last year too in the playoffs (heartbreak insurance), and I drained most of my Bodog money. I tend to be pessimistic by nature because that f**** Farve broke my heart so many times. I hate that guy.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
There are a few others like that yes, but more believe we are invincible playing at home.
I know we've never ever lost a home playoff game that wasn't f***d up by Brett Farve, but I also know the Giants are a lot better than their record indicates, and they pose a lot of matchup issues for us.

The last game was close in week 14. I think the Giants are healthier, playing much better, and are more confident now.

I'm shocked the pointspread is around 8 1/2 and I will wager A LOT on the Giants and hope we win by 7 :eek:)

The thing is I bet against us a lot last year too in the playoffs (heartbreak insurance), and I drained most of my Bodog money. I tend to be pessimistic by nature because that f**** Farve broke my heart so many times. I hate that guy.
You...pessimistic??? No way! What the hell is the point of being a Fan of a team and then thinking someone can beat you. It's all about invincibility. If you are a fan of the crappiest team in the NFL you believe on every Sunday you are invincible.

Man Frank, if you do not believe THIS team is invincible at home you may as well throw in the towel and start watching tennis.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, PackFanNChiTown, you said a mouth full, hahaha....I'm not being artificially polite. I get enough smack talk from those scum of the earth Eagles fans, and the Cowboys fans who live in NY. I actually like the Packers, except for this week of course.

I must say, I have no idea what media outlets you follow, because up here in NY no one is taking the Packers lightly. The talk pretty much is "I expect the Giants to hang close, make it a game..." that's as far as anyone will go. To be honest, I kind of get the feeling Packers fans have a little swag going on here (and I guess rightfully so, you guys are on an insane run) where if any team even thinks they can challenge you guys it's like "oh, REALLY?". What do you guys expect the Giants to be like "oh wow Rogers is awesome, GB is so good, why even bother showing up?". I distinctly remember that being the feeling going in to the NFC Championship game, after you guys waxed us during the season and then dismantled Seattle. I'm not saying that what ever happened in 07 will happen again, GB is better this year, but I think we are better too. It's going to be one hell of a game.

One thing you are correct about, if we do fear, or "respect" one team more than any other, it's the Saints. Which makes perfect sense. Look at the two teams. We've won in GB, in the playoffs before, we've played you guys close. The last two times we've played NO in NO we had our doors blown off. I was looking to avoid the Saints much more than GB. I actually wanted GB again in the playoffs. Not because I know we will win, but because I respect the team a lot and think it'll be a great measuring stick for our team. My first thought after the 38-35 loss was "man, they're real good, but I want another shot at 'em". Now we've got it, and damn I'm pumped for it!

I don't want to hear about how we laid down vs Washington, that's in the past. For what ever reason we play down to our opponents level. You can focus on that game if you want, but I guarantee you won't see that same team that lost to Washington on the field on Sunday. Maybe we will lose, but it will be a good game, I am certain of that.

I'm pumped for a good game vs a formidable opponent, now that the smack talk is out of your system, lets hear your prediction for Sunday!

^^ This is a good post and I don't want it to get overlooked in the heat of battle. I kind of like it when fans of opposing teams come on here, not to troll but to engage in a passionate discussion of football. I like to hear your perspectives, because as a Packer fan, I'm sometimes too close to it and you guys show me a perspective I may not of seen. For all you Giants fans, you knew you'd get a battle from us Packers fans when you joined, I love the Giants not, but I can at least respect the teams achievements this year and their fans. Most of you guys I find to be very respectful and knowledgeable. You obviously love your Giants every bit as much as we love our Packers, but as we stand on opposite sides of the field there is going to be some expected tensions. I just want to say that regardless of the outcome of the game, I appreciate you guys coming here.

Now GO PACK GO! Sorry, I had to! :)

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the course of this season and playoffs, referring to the Packers as "the Champs" or "Defending NFL Champions" is quite a common thing to do- and not just by us Cheeseheads. Media across the country generally do the same for all the SB winners each following season. So, your point is....?

Back on topic: Going to be a great game. My prediction is that both teams play at an A+ level and it simply comes down to one bounce of the ball and/or whichever team scores as time runs out. Cannot wait for Sunday!

The reining Champs apply to anyone who wins the Super Bowl.... from end of the Super Bowl game until the Kick Off of the Super Bowl Game.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me start off saying that yes Giants are a tough team but they are no match to the packers on either side of the ball.

The last game that we had against the Giants, the one that they barely "won" (which they didn't) ... they we're very lucky that our WR's we're dropping balls or else that game would of been over in the 3rd quarter. If the defense was so damn good, why not stop us on the last drive. As I stated we had too many drops against the Giants ... which led us to a close game.

With Clifton coming back our pass game will improve even more. That would give probably a second more for AR to find someone downfield without worrying to much. Our running game has improved every week, not only has Starks been running good but Grant has really looked like his oldself in the last couple of weeks. Starks had a much needed rest the past 2 weeks nursing his injuries and should be playoff ready IMO.

Defense is at the healthiest point of the season, Clay Matthews & Woodson had enough time to rest + Bishop and Hawk got an extra bye week to rest their issues. Pickett will be back which is a +++ for the run defense and we just gave Raji a needed rest to be ready for the playoffs.

Having this bye week is the best thing that happened to the coaching staff and the team to prepare against the Giants. Dom Capers will come up with a gameplan to stop Eli ... let's not forget every team has good players but we have both good players and playmakers. I'm not saying it will be a blowout but I'm just stating that the Giants don't really have that much of a 100% chance to beat us then they think they do !!!

Go Packers !!! The offense will be much improved in the playoffs

Maybe you have seen this.........
http://ftrsports.com/2011/12/jake-b...unds-on-his-not-td-catch-against-the-packers/
This is a Touchdown.
http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Sports/NFL-Week-13/5971/3/
This was a bad call and cost them the game. Now the Game should have been NYG 39 Green Bay 35 with 58 secs left. ........ Does Rodgers get a TD? Maybe... Both teams had many people injured or playing hurt. Now the Giants are healthy for first time this year. I doubt it be a rerun of the high scoring shoot out. If you shut off the run have huge pass rush game changes.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with anyone, if you want to be timid and afraid go for it. I sure as hell won't because I believe in my team and I don't believe the other team can beat us. It's just that simple. I can sit here and argue my case but it's not going to change any of these Giants Fans' thoughts or the ailing thoughts of our "realistic" fans.

Reaction score
Maybe you have seen this.........
http://ftrsports.com/2011/12/jake-b...unds-on-his-not-td-catch-against-the-packers/
This is a Touchdown.
http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Sports/NFL-Week-13/5971/3/
This was a bad call and cost them the game. Now the Game should have been NYG 39 Green Bay 35 with 58 secs left. ........ Does Rodgers get a TD? Maybe... Both teams had many people injured or playing hurt. Now the Giants are healthy for first time this year. I doubt it be a rerun of the high scoring shoot out. If you shut off the run have huge pass rush game changes.
Actually that's not true about what the final score should have been. The final TD the Giants scored, they were given an extra 16 yards by the refs. Your boy did the "fair catch" signal from a punt and then proceeded to run with the ball which is usually a penalty...a penalty that wasn't called so please don't come in here whining about bad calls.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually that's not true about what the final score should have been. The final TD the Giants scored, they were given an extra 16 yards by the refs. Your boy did the "fair catch" signal from a punt and then proceeded to run with the ball which is usually a penalty...a penalty that wasn't called so please don't come in here whining about bad calls.

What was even worse about that non-fair catch was that was the play that Quarless suffered a season-ending injury I believe :( Not saying that was the Giants fault; just an unfortunate side-effect because Quarless also thought that the Giant return man had signaled a fair catch.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Packers will go to a lot of wide formations. They will do a lot of quick drops and dumps to avoid the rush of the NFLs best D Line. Look for TE Finley to have a big day as well as Jennings and Nelson. I don't think the Packers will rush very often, but when they do they will do okay.

The Giants will kill the Packers through the air. For whatever reason, we have difficulty stopping anyone through the air. Our ability to make more interceptions than give up is a big factor in our record. I don't think the Giants will try running much, because the air yards are all too easy. I expect Cruz to have the biggest game of his career.

Amish:

Whenever I think that McCarthy should focus on the quick drops and dumps to avoid a top D-rush, he doesn't. :tdown:

So, though I agree with you on what the Pack offense should do, I predict that we will see them test the G-men secondary with some deep balls early and often. Rodgers is just going to have to accept that he is going to be hit a lot or be in scramble-mode all game long.

And, on the Giants side, though I agree that they could easily move the ball downfield through the air on the Packers defense, if I was Coughlin, I would practice ball control and force the Packers to stop the run first. Should this work, the only pass plays would be screens to the left (i.e. away from Wood and Clay and towards Walden) or other "safe" tosses. Minimize the opportunity for Eli to throw an INT all game long. I would try to keep the Giant's offense on the field draining the clock while Rodgers & Co. sit on the sidelines getting cold.

In my opinion:

The keys to a Giants victory: Control the clock, Run the ball effectively, no turnovers.

The keys to a Packers victory: Keep time of possession roughly balanced or better, force Eli to throw by stopping the run, win the turnovers, +2 or better.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be interesting to see what the Giants offensive philosophy will be on Sunday. The more I think about it the more I think they should come out and try to play ball control. Since the Packers game we are avg 20 points against while the Pack are avg 26 points against. So we could debate whose defensive roster is more talented, but over the last 5-6 games the Giants D has been playing better. It would probably be to their strength to try and drag the Packers down to a slower paced game than a shoot out.

The Giants feed off of their defense, I know you may be like "what? that crappy D?" but when they are playing well, like they finally are, it all starts on D for us. I think the Giants proved they could hang with the Packers in a shoot out, but the edge still goes to the Packers in that type of game. I would like to avoid that type of game, it seems like if the Packers don't prefer that type of game, they can at least thrive in it.

Holding the Packers to 3's instead of 7's will be huge for us. Crosby could prob kick a FG from the parking lot though so having a lot of scoreless drives will be difficult. Third down conversions will be crucial, getting our D off the field when we have the chance to. Packers were 7-12 on third downs in our first meeting and that cannot happen again if the Giants want a realistic chance to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts