Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Seahawks

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally with the Preseason Over its time to get revenge on the CheatHawks. This time the Refs wont save them this time.

I fully expect a Packers Victory. Packers win by 10. Packers 31 Seahawks 21 is my Predictions.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying to compare injuries for both teams. Packers have three significant injuries losing Raji, Tretter and Barclay. I'm looking at the Seattle injury report but I'm not seeing any name that jumps out at me as being significant except for Bruce Irvin, who might even be ready to play by Thursday, which means they are effectively at full strength.

The big question for me is whether the Packer defense is for real this year. If they can't slow down Marshawn Lynch and put some pressure on Wilson then I can't see a win. Who will match up on Percy Harvin will be interesting to see. Will it be Shields or Tramon?

On the offensive side, it all comes down to the Packers front five and TE blocking. They slow down the Hawks pass rush, Packers win. Which of the two is the better blocker, Quarless or Rogers? Rogers has looked pretty good in preseason as a receiver, how's his blocking?

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm trying to compare injuries for both teams. Packers have three significant injuries losing Raji, Tretter and Barclay. I'm looking at the Seattle injury report but I'm not seeing any name that jumps out at me as being significant except for Bruce Irvin, who might even be ready to play by Thursday, which means they are effectively at full strength.

The big question for me is whether the Packer defense is for real this year. If they can't slow down Marshawn Lynch and put some pressure on Wilson then I can't see a win. Who will match up on Percy Harvin will be interesting to see. Will it be Shields or Tramon?

On the offensive side, it all comes down to the Packers front five and TE blocking. They slow down the Hawks pass rush, Packers win. Which of the two is the better blocker, Quarless or Rogers? Rogers has looked pretty good in preseason as a receiver, how's his blocking?

Harvin lines up in the slot a lot of times, so I don´t expect Shields to cover him there. It´s possible Tramon will move to the slot to cover him, but I would expect Hayward to cover him as well.

Rodgers blocking hasn´t been very good in the preseason so I expect Quarless to get his share of snaps as well.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken... Seattle lost a couple defensive linemen to free agency. and another to injury...Dont know how accurate this thought was, and dont care enough to check it. :) But i remember thinking their D-line is thinner now. As well as the 49ers secondary...

D

Deleted member 6794

If I'm not mistaken... Seattle lost a couple defensive linemen to free agency. and another to injury...Dont know how accurate this thought was, and dont care enough to check it. :) But i remember thinking their D-line is thinner now. As well as the 49ers secondary...

The Seahawks lost Chris Clemons, Red Bryant and Clinton McDonald to free agency and lost Jesse Williams to another injury. They added former Viking Kevin Williams and will count on second year player Jordan Hill to make an impact.

The key for the Packers will be to efficiently run the no-huddle so Seattle won´t be able to substitute on the DL, making the big guys up front tired.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd expect a lot of Lacy early to work the DL and bring up the safeties a bit. Start three wide? or two TE? I'd be suprised if Kuhn is in on the first offensve snap unless it is really close to the goalline.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd expect a lot of Lacy early to work the DL and bring up the safeties a bit. Start three wide? or two TE? I'd be suprised if Kuhn is in on the first offensve snap unless it is really close to the goalline.

The only way Kuhn should get on the field is if Linsley has trouble making the proper protection calls and the offense needs someone to help out with it.

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be won or lost on the line of scrimmage. Nothing matters if we can't protect Rodgers. That's how Seattle dominated Denver.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

The Seahawks have a huge injury concern in Jeremy Lane who has a groin injury. I believe they will try to rush him back because that is what Pete Carroll does.

Lane plays slot in there nickel and is huge part of there defense. They are obviously concerned about this as they made a trade the other day for the Colts Marcus Burley who is a slot corner type guy.

This is something to keep an eye on.

BenLinus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally with the Preseason Over its time to get revenge on the CheatHawks. This time the Refs wont save them this time.

I fully expect a Packers Victory. Packers win by 10. Packers 31 Seahawks 21 is my Predictions.
How do i get privileges to create a new thread?

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction: Packers 24, Seahawks 17 but the Hawks score a TD late in the 4th quarter because the Packer defense can't hold them. It goes into OT and Packers take it 27-24.

I'll hope it goes my way instead of yours. Sounds like too much stress if it goes your way!

D

Dan115

rookie center starting his first game vs Super Bowl champs in Seattle. Silent count---shotgun hurry up Offense. Sounds like fun!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rookie center starting his first game vs Super Bowl champs in Seattle. Silent count---shotgun hurry up Offense. Sounds like fun!

Ha! Baptism by fire. If he can survive this game without breaking down and crying, we'll know we have something here.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait for this game. I'll be traveling from Phoenix to be at this game. Should be amazing

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers will have a big, big game, and the Seahawks will receive 5 interference flags as part of it. If the defense can contain Wilson, we win going away. But that's a huge if.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers will have a big, big game, and the Seahawks will receive 5 interference flags as part of it. If the defense can contain Wilson, we win going away. But that's a huge if.

5 defensive PI calls against the Seahawks in Seattle?? Not a ghost's chance in hell. They'll be lucky to have 2 called against them. Of course the Packer DBs will have the same number called against them.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
If memory serves, we always seem to get burned on the 5-12 yard pass, mostly because we're playing zone and not M2M and the defenders seem to always play back and let them cut inside.

Hopefully we don't get burned with that this season but we'll know in two days.

BobVal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi:

Cannot believe it. I live in Virginia and use Direct-TV for my TV and they are having a spat with NBC

Way to go NFL - using NBC to host your kick off game.

Packer Fans get screwed AGAIN - Last time it was the replacement Refs and this time DirecTV and NBC

What a Drag, No kickoff game - Free NFL ticket this weekend but the Packers aren't playing this weekend.

How do us Packer fans catch a break?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The game will be very close at the half with Seattle leading 14 to 13 .
When the teams return in the second half, A.Rodgers and the Packer Offence will come out gunning. A Rodgers to Nelson TD will be the lone highlight of the 3rd qtr. . The Seahawks score early in the 4th qtr. with Wilson throwing to his TE. With a 1 pt. lead , Seattle recovers a fumble and starts down the field. At this point, the Packers defence holds the Seahawks from scoring a TD, but not a field goal. Seattle kicks off to GB with 1:47 remaining on the clock. Lacey has just gotten better as the game has progressed and is ripping off 5 and 6 yard burst as A.Rodgers hits his receivers for 8 and 9 yard grabs. With time running out the Seattle defence stiffens to stop Lacey at the 2 yd. line with 22 sec. remaining . GB calls timeout on 3 rd down and Rodgers walks over to talk with Coach McCarthy. It is amazing that they can hear each other as the Seattle crowd. Rodgers returns to the Packer huddle and calls the play. He lines up in the shotgun with Lacy in the backfield . The ball is snapped and all the receivers and the TE start their routes. Seattle has chosen to bring the house to get at Rodgers. Rodgers cooly tosses a basket pass to Boykin in the left rear corner of the end zone for the
TOUCHDOWN ! The Seahawks protest , but to no avail. Crosby puts the cherry (extra point) on the victory cake.
Seattle can do little with the kickoff and the 8 sec. left on the clock.

Packers Win ! 27 to 24
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Hi:

Cannot believe it. I live in Virginia and use Direct-TV for my TV and they are having a spat with NBC

Way to go NFL - using NBC to host your kick off game.

Packer Fans get screwed AGAIN - Last time it was the replacement Refs and this time DirecTV and NBC

What a Drag, No kickoff game - Free NFL ticket this weekend but the Packers aren't playing this weekend.

How do us Packer fans catch a break?
It's not with NBC its with Raycon who own's your local station. According to direct TV they want double the money to broadcast their local station on direct tv. check out the direct tv site. you can put in your zip to see if your affected. If you are your welcome at my house;). I hope they get this sorted out before the opener but NBC should be streaming the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts