1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    That might be so, but even the likes of Wood is having difficulty covering, which I'm sure isnt because of the absence of Collins

2. bhuggins

bhuggins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    The d-line is also not getting as much pressure on the QB as they did last year. No matter how good the DB is, he cannot cover a good receiver for an extended time without getting flagged for illegal contact.

3. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,160
    But they didn't have extended time on Sunday. Manning was getting hit early and often. His receivers made it easy for him.

4. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Exactly, manning was getting the ball out very quick and they were gaining huge yards through the air

5. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,160
    You know. I don't usually root for the Cowboys, but I'm so tired of the Giants fans and coach whining that I'd be tickled pink if the Cowboys gave them a good shellacking. I used to have a degree of respect for the organization. At least one of my friends who is a Giants fan, however, didn't whine. He said the Giants lost to a team that knew how to win. My other friend who is a Giants fan (and a marine surprisingly) whined.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bhuggins

bhuggins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I could never ever root for the Cowboys.

7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Why are you sure? Maybe Collins was able to cover Wood's inadequacies.

8. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Oh come on that's ridiculous. Your telling me Woodson got DPOY because Collins possibly is able to cover Wood's inadequacies. This is getting desperate.
    I appreciate that Collins is a heck of a safety and him being missing could possibly be having an effect on this defense.
    However he cannot hide Wood's, William's, Burnett's, Peprah's and Shields ''inadequacies'' all at the same time
    This defense works on an assignment defense. Everyone has to execute there assignment, if everyone does it then it should work therefore I don't see how he could possibly be covering up for everyone else's mistakes all at once.

This defense has gone from 5th overall to 31st over in YPG. I don't believe that is credited to one man being missing on the field, it is too much of a drop.

Even when he played the first 2 games of the season (well 1 and a half) the saints and panthers both put up 400+ yards just passing!

9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Oh please. Just think about it, for a second. Woodson did not win DPOY because of his cover skills. He won because he made a lot of impact plays. Interceptions, sacks, and TFLs are why he won. Maybe he was able to jump those routes because Collins had amazing range and great instincts to cover so he could play more recklessly without fear of getting burned.