** OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: PACKERS @ COWBOYS **

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yeah but I mean we were really outplayed here you know? I know we can beat these guys, but tonight, they just played harder.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again.........we had to play the team, AND the refs.
Rodgers did decent though. I hope Favre can play next week though. I still think he's our best chance.

He is the best chance, but Rodgers did play well for a kid who never gets in the game.. Damn penalties are killing us.. remember the 95 NFC game when everytime Williams held Reggie it was never called but as soon as Reggie did something he got called.. I'm sick and have been forever of how the national scene loves these Cowboys.. Ugghhh.. pack can go 4-0 for the rest though, let's hope Dallas drops a couple!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Doubt Dallas drops any games. There isn't anybody else in the NFC that can even compete with Dallas except GB.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering GB is playing without Woodson, without KGB, without Favre and we still nail them like this, plus fighting the officials.... we should be tied or 3 up at the end here

thats it... 4th and out

decent game but we still need a LOT of work with these 1st and 2nd year guys

stewart45

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets just all hope that favre is not seriously hurt...we have an easier schedule left but i would like to have our whole team ready for the playoffs

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep... kids showed their youth tonight... showed some grit though. We still played pretty well but I am not particularly encouraged by the performance as far as getting us far in the playoffs. The running game wasn't significant, the pass rush wasn't effective, and the secondary was rusty. Not all bad of course, but hey, the season ain't over :)

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get Woodson, KGB and Favre back and we can take them in the playoffs.. To have it as close as it was with the guys we were missing tells us we can take em.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have been a completely different game if Harris had that fumble that he rightfully earned. This game was ********, having to play against the Cows and the refs. I hate Dallas. They're now my most hated team.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have been a completely different game if Harris had that fumble that he rightfully earned. This game was ********, having to play against the Cows and the refs. I hate Dallas. They're now my most hated team.

Can't argue with this one.. As I said earlier it almost reminds me of the 95 NFC game in certain ways..

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the season is not over, but this is one of those games that define your team and has some importance. I see some major question marks on our defense, even though KGB and Woodson was hurt they should not have made that much of a difference.

I am gonna say it, i dont think we are an elite team in the NFL. After this game i just dont feel that way. We are good, young team that has a lot of potential. Might go to the NFC championship, but whats the point if we cant pass them.

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The secondary without our playmaker(s) (Woodson and maybe, Rouse) is poor. I don't care if Bush and Bigby are "rookies", they are awful. Collins is just a body out there ... he can't "make plays". The secondary was really exposed badly tonight.

Dallas dominated the trenches. They consistently got great pressure on Favre and Rodgers and our DL gave Romo WAY TO MUCH time ...

Offensively, we did enough to win. Once again, however, turnovers are the difference (Dallas 14pts off turnovers; GB none).

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think Favre will be fine. Give him a week's rest and he'll be ready to go. Favre looked horrible though and all those bombs were defended well by Dallas!! I give credit to Dallas, they didn't give up 1 single deep ball.

Kudos to Rogers, Driver, Jennings and Grant!! I think they were the MVPs of the game for GB. Grant proved he is for real tonight. I thought Hawk stepped up a bit and had some emotion in his game, but Harris got burned a lot. Harris had a bad night. He looked confused on some plays!

Wish we could have had a healthy KGB and Woodson. I wonder what the outcome would have been in that situation and no bad calls by the refs. Didn't seem like we would have gotten much pressure on Romo even with KGB in there. Dallas' o-line did a great job. Woodson would have made a big difference I think.

Seems like we fight the refs every game this year!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we get a shot at Dallas again in the Post Season.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key stat with the turnovers. They won many battles tonight. I agree with Gattocheese, but I think deep down, most of us felt that way. Good young team with a lot of potential. We are going to the playoffs, but once there, anything can happen. The games will be like this one, and one mistake, and it is time to wait until next season.

Fumblerooski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering GB is playing without Woodson, without KGB, without Favre and we still nail them like this, plus fighting the officials.... we should be tied or 3 up at the end here

I can understand about Woodson and KGB, but not about Favre. The Cowboys weren't letting him do anything and were consistently pressuring and hitting him. The game was 27-10 when Rodgers came in the game. I don't think missing Favre the rest of the way has anything to do with it.

Now, I'm not saying that if Favre didn't get injured, he wouldn't have been able to lead the team back into it. But Rodgers seemed to calm GB down and was extremely effective. The way it was going, I don't think Favre would have put them over the top. In fact, the final score might have been slightly more lopsided than it ended up being...that again being based on what had transpired to that point.

If Favre hadn't played at all in the game, then okay, but he did and put up what I think was his worst QB rating (albeit not a full game).

Just my two cents.

Members online

Latest posts