Official Game Day Thread: Vikings @ Packers - 10/24: WIN 28 - 24

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
7:20 pm CDT. NBC. Sunday Night Football.

The whole damn country's going to be watching.

I don't care that it's only Monday, figured I'd get this beast started early. Get the bad Dolphin taste out of everyone's mouth.

Predictions? Observations?

Talk about the biggest game of the year in this thread.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7:20 pm CDT. NBC. Sunday Night Football.

The whole damn country's going to be watching.

I don't care that it's only Monday, figured I'd get this beast started early. Get the bad Dolphin taste out of everyone's mouth.

Predictions? Observations?

Talk about the biggest game of the year in this thread.

Ummm....I say 24-21 Vikings.....boo ya! Longwell with the game-winner!

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge game as always but especially since the dirty old flip flopping perve boy is playing in that oh so ***** color of purple. Forget the penalties, mental errors, and injuries, we should win this off pure revenge and will. Lets go Pack!!! :viksux:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think we'll be able to bottle up Moss decently well, as long as we keep him doubled. My big worry is going to be Favre connecting with Harvin over the middle. AP could have a good day as well. I'm just very worried about how our defense will perform. I'm interested in seeing how our pass rush holds up against MN's o-line. Miami has one of the best lines in the league, I expected Henne to have all day to throw it to Marshall (I didn't expect it to take us so long to double him).

On offense, I think it's time we at least give Nance A FEW carries. No, I don't know how long it's taking him to learn the playbook, but he HAS to know at least 1 play by now, right? I think we should run some more screen passes with BJax since that's where he excels and it will help get the ball out early to protect Rodgers' health. My main worry here is Jared Allen bullying our line around.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats up with all the negative vibes and acting like the Vikes are the Pats or Steelers or something. They have 2 wins! 2! Over the Lions and the Cowboys. I dont get the slobfest over them. We're a banged up team that have endured lots of injuries and all of our losses are by 3 points!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not expecting much from the Pack in this game, we have converted a grand total of 5 3rd down conversions in the last 2 games...WE SUCK! I expect Favre to own us again, which is going to make my F'IN BLOOD BOIL. Peterson will finally have a big day against us, Rodgers will throw at least one interception, as he has been doing that every week, MM will CHOKE when there's an opportunity to win, THAT'S WHAT I'M EXPECTING, NO DESIRE, NO INTESITY, NO GUTS! WE SUCK!:frustrated:........thoughts??

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your 2nd win.

IF your being sarcastic, congrats on losing your 3rd game by a FG. However, if your complimenting, well then thank you. In all honesty, the Vikings are coming around now and upon a win over you guys on Sunday, will move into second place.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Whats up with all the negative vibes and acting like the Vikes are the Pats or Steelers or something. They have 2 wins! 2! Over the Lions and the Cowboys. I dont get the slobfest over them. We're a banged up team that have endured lots of injuries and all of our losses are by 3 points!
The Vikes, and Favre specifically, have looked bored and disinterested all year. I think that has a lot to do with their suckitude.

There is, however, 2 games that I can guarantee you they'll be motivated and excited for. And one of them's this Sunday. And a motivated Viking team is a scary Viking team.

Not to mention they killed us last year and return basically that same team, except without Rice (but with Moss).

And because I saw somebody say it, I don't know how after seeing what Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall have done to us how anybody can say we'll bottle up Moss.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the pack to put together a few scoring drives in the first half then get outplayed in the 2nd. I completely expect the game to come down to 7 points or less.

I watched the Queens yesterday. They have a good pass rush; which is concerning. Hopefully Taush can play. They seem devastated by injuries in the secondary...hopefully this leads to a big day for Rodgers. Their run-D is insane...so I definitely don't expect over 50 yards rushing by any one RB.

Then there is special teams... Percy Harvin ran a kickoff back yesterday. The dude is fast.

On offence, they got a ton of players obviously. I'd like to see Woodson man up on Moss. I expect at least one pass interference call on #21 at a crucial moment late in the game.

We'll live and die by the arm of our QB. Fingers crossed that he stays healthy.

My early week prediction is that that CM3 and Harris play...based on optimism on my part. I expect the Pack to win at home...but it will be an ugly game either way.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vikings KILLED the Lions though (without Moss), and you guys dang near loss to them! Actually, losing by 3 pts everytime due to stupid penalties and/or choke like possessions is just as bad as getting blown out, at least when it happens time and time again like the Packers have proved this year. Also, the Vikings only got beat by 4,5, and 9 (what was 3pts until the last int for a TD), so with that said the Vikings haven't been blown out either. We actually played with the Jets (the best team in football IMO), and they are better than anyone you guys have faced yet. The Saints are also better than anyone you guys have played IMO as well, and the Vikes ALSO played with them....so ya

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the pack to put together a few scoring drives in the first half then get outplayed in the 2nd. I completely expect the game to come down to 7 points or less.

I watched the Queens yesterday. They have a good pass rush; which is concerning. Hopefully Taush can play. They seem devastated by injuries in the secondary...hopefully this leads to a big day for Rodgers. Their run-D is insane...so I definitely don't expect over 50 yards rushing by any one RB.

Then there is special teams... Percy Harvin ran a kickoff back yesterday. The dude is fast.

On offence, they got a ton of players obviously. I'd like to see Woodson man up on Moss. I expect at least one pass interference call on #21 at a crucial moment late in the game.

We'll live and die by the arm of our QB. Fingers crossed that he stays healthy.

My early week prediction is that that CM3 and Harris play...based on optimism on my part. I expect the Pack to win at home...but it will be an ugly game either way.

I wouldn't hope for Tausch, that guy holds almost more than Bulgara or whatever that rookies name is. Hell, I saw B-man hold all game long, yet only get called a few times. Then, Tausch was holding all game long against Peppers the week before yet was only called a couple times, both guys are not very good IMO. Allen should have a feast called "Rodgers ala carte"....

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh please, with the Vikes fan

IF your being sarcastic, congrats on losing your 3rd game by a FG. However, if your complimenting, well then thank you. In all honesty, the Vikings are coming around now and upon a win over you guys on Sunday, will move into second place.

it doesn't matter if the vikings sweep the packers this season, it's already been written, no superbowl or superbowl win for you, why? let's just say you makle it to the playoffs, you will have to face the potential seeds of Eagles/Giants/Saints/Falcons/Rams & if you beat all of them, and that's a BIG IF, you have to face either the JETS/STEELERS/RAVENS, you pick which one you'd like to face...the Superbowl Winner will be one of those 3 teams, EASY, THEY CAN RUNOVER ANY NFC TEAM

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it doesn't matter if the vikings sweep the packers this season, it's already been written, no superbowl or superbowl win for you, why? let's just say you makle it to the playoffs, you will have to face the potential seeds of Eagles/Giants/Saints/Falcons/Rams & if you beat all of them, and that's a BIG IF, you have to face either the JETS/STEELERS/RAVENS, you pick which one you'd like to face...the Superbowl Winner will be one of those 3 teams, EASY, THEY CAN RUNOVER ANY NFC TEAM

Most likely, but I would rather go out beating the Packers in the process, just like I am sure you would like to beat the Vikes...

Also, the Vikings should have back Chris Cook at starting CB, that is HUGE! Asher Allen is TERRIBLE, and Lito Sheppard blows too...that will help the Vikings pass defense tremendously!

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings KILLED the Lions though (without Moss), and you guys dang near loss to them! Actually, losing by 3 pts everytime due to stupid penalties and/or choke like possessions is just as bad as getting blown out, at least when it happens time and time again like the Packers have proved this year. Also, the Vikings only got beat by 4,5, and 9 (what was 3pts until the last int for a TD), so with that said the Vikings haven't been blown out either. We actually played with the Jets (the best team in football IMO), and they are better than anyone you guys have faced yet. The Saints are also better than anyone you guys have played IMO as well, and the Vikes ALSO played with them....so ya

Ok man however you want to look at it, I'm just trying to light a fire under everyone here on a PACKERS message board, I still am not sure why you spend so much time here, but oh well, and the Saints better than anyone we have played? That is highly debatable, they haven't looked that impressive.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't hope for Tausch, that guy holds almost more than Bulgara or whatever that rookies name is. Hell, I saw B-man hold all game long, yet only get called a few times. Then, Tausch was holding all game long against Peppers the week before yet was only called a couple times, both guys are not very good IMO. Allen should have a feast called "Rodgers ala carte"....

I don't think Allen is going to have a big game. 2 reasons; the first is that he did awesome last year against the Packers. I think you'll see our offense really zone in on him specifically (which might lead to some open opportunities by other queens like that Kliensauser guy). The packers know first had the damage that he can do so they'll over plan to prevent it from happening again. The 2nd reason is that...well, Allen just isn't playing that great this year. He isn't as explosive...he isn't the dynamic playmaker that we all saw last year.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Allen is going to have a big game. 2 reasons; the first is that he did awesome last year against the Packers. I think you'll see our offense really zone in on him specifically (which might lead to some open opportunities by other queens like that Kliensauser guy). The packers know first had the damage that he can do so they'll over plan to prevent it from happening again. The 2nd reason is that...well, Allen just isn't playing that great this year. He isn't as explosive...he isn't the dynamic playmaker that we all saw last year.

I agree that he hasn't been the same thus far as in the past, however the Packers give up A LOT of sacks, and that said with a QB that is mobile in Aaron Rodgers, even without Allen, Edwards, Williams, etc will find space various times throughout the game, your O-Line isn't very good at stopping sacks..14 given up thus far, and tied for 8th worst in the league...Vikings have 13, and with one less game played that isn't any better...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game makes me nervous, I'll admit it, there is so much at stake. We should have some guys back on D, that should give us renewed hope. I'm not going to rehash all the Packs woes, they are posted on here enough and to be honest reading them makes me sad. Both teams are struggling right now. We didn't look good against the Dolphins last week but neither did the Vikings against the Cowboys. The thing is, at least they got the W. I say we double cover Moss if we need to. Also watch Harvin, dude is wicked fast and our ST had better be on guard *cough cough Hester. As for Favre, as our Viking friend has told us many times, Favre isn't really mobile, he's not a runner due to his age and whatever other physical ailments he is complaining of this week. That means our D, LBs CM3 (coming back from an injury) will not have to chase the old guy around the field as much. He's going to be a sitting duck if the Vikes O-Line cannot protect him.

I'm going with the Pack by 3 (Crosby do not disappoint me) 20-17 Pack W

This is about redemption, about proving we still have something left to give despite all we have lost. Sack the living hell out of Favre!

GO PACK GO

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game makes me nervous, I'll admit it, there is so much at stake. We should have some guys back on D, that should give us renewed hope. I'm not going to rehash all the Packs woes, they are posted on here enough and to be honest reading them makes me sad. Both teams are struggling right now. We didn't look good against the Dolphins last week but neither did the Vikings against the Cowboys. The thing is, at least they got the W. I say we double cover Moss if we need to. Also watch Harvin, dude is wicked fast and our ST had better be on guard *cough cough Hester. As for Favre, as our Viking friend has told us many times, Favre isn't really mobile, he's not a runner due to his age and whatever other physical ailments he is complaining of this week. That means our D, LBs CM3 (coming back from an injury) will not have to chase the old guy around the field as much. He's going to be a sitting duck if the Vikes O-Line cannot protect him.

I'm going with the Pack by 3 (Crosby do not disappoint me) 20-17 Pack W

This is about redemption, about proving we still have something left to give despite all we have lost. Sack the living hell out of Favre!

GO PACK GO

Actually, Favre is saying that is elbow now feels near 100%, and his ankle is the same as always, even if everything was 100%, he still wouldn't be mobile at his age. The Vikings actually played pretty good against the Cowboys, take away the complete offense production, they played conservative like always and won the game because of it. Favre was sufficiently good with a 100+ passing rating, and our defense stopped Romo and Co when needed. It wasn't a GREAT win, but like any team would say, a win is a win, and considering the opponent who was ALSO playing for their season, the W was a big one.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sitting Duck might not even play on Sunday depending on the outcome of his meeting with the NFL tomorrow. Also, Wrangler has pulled his ads and put up ads of NASCAR's Dale JR in their place. This according to NBC10 Philly news.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sitting Duck might not even play on Sunday depending on the outcome of his meeting with the NFL tomorrow. Also, Wrangler has pulled his ads and put up ads of NASCAR's Dale JR in their place. This according to NBC10 Philly news.

I can't believe that people STILL think Favre had anything to do with these stupid emails/text messages. Hell, both accounts have been hacked into like a million times over the years with the Pack, Jets, and now Vikings...get over it...HE WILL PLAY!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Favre is saying that is elbow now feels near 100%, and his ankle is the same as always, even if everything was 100%, he still wouldn't be mobile at his age. The Vikings actually played pretty good against the Cowboys, take away the complete offense production, they played conservative like always and won the game because of it. Favre was sufficiently good with a 100+ passing rating, and our defense stopped Romo and Co when needed. It wasn't a GREAT win, but like any team would say, a win is a win, and considering the opponent who was ALSO playing for their season, the W was a big one.

of course his elbow is magically healed b/c they won, they lose it will magically be hurting again

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course his elbow is magically healed b/c they won, they lose it will magically be hurting again

Well, they were actually tied against NY when he began grabbing his elbow in discomfort, and in the redzone to go even further. I think your Favre hatred is taking over once again....BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they were actually tied against NY when he began grabbing his elbow in discomfort, and in the redzone to go even further. I think your Favre hatred is taking over once again....BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!

they did lose right?...how did they lose?...why did they lose?....

Answers: Yes...Favre....Favre

Members online

No members online now.