Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I've seen a couple of Steelers fans do it here.

If that's true it's very unfortunate. I look forward to seeing Rodgers knocked on his keister, but not sent to the hospital.

I look forward to seeing how the Packers respond to a Class-A defense. The Packers have a fine Defense, but it isn't on par with a team like the Ravens.

I'm more concerned with Rodgers quick trigger and mobility. If he gets rocked early, the Steelers should dominate. If Rodgers is allowed to set back and check down to his #3 or #4 then the Steelers will be in for a long day.

Ultimately, I think the game will come down to turnovers.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's true it's very unfortunate. I look forward to seeing Rodgers knocked on his keister, but not sent to the hospital.

I look forward to seeing how the Packers respond to a Class-A defense. The Packers have a fine Defense, but it isn't on par with a team like the Ravens.

I'm more concerned with Rodgers quick trigger and mobility. If he gets rocked early, the Steelers should dominate. If Rodgers is allowed to set back and check down to his #3 or #4 then the Steelers will be in for a long day.

Packers defense will hold the steelers to under 20 points, Rodgers needs very little protection to be productive, he can recognize the blitz very quickly, we got the best receiving corp in the league against an average group of CB's...if we shut down your running attack, which I believe we will...Packers will roll all over the steelers...in the last 5 weeks the RB's we have faced are:
Green Bay Packers Schedule at NFL.com
week 16: Bradshaw 31 yards
week 16: Jacobs 47 yards
week 17: Forte 91 yards
Wild Card: Leseasn McCoy 46 yards Vick 30 yards
Divisional: Turner 39 yards
NFC: Forte 70 yards

this minconception that we aren't a physical team is a joke, Packers are more then capable of handling Mendenhall and company's rushing attack, I don't think Big Ben can be one dimensionally successful against our D...probably the BEST secondary in the game

Good Luck Steelers you are going to need it

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Please stop chewing bubble gum and talking out your ***!

The Ravens Defense 2010:
3rd in Points
10th in Yds
21st in Pass Yards
5th against the Rush

The Packers Defense 2010:
2nd in Points
5th In Yards
5th in Pass Yards
18th against the Rush

They play the Steelers hard every year because they are in the same division. That doesnt make them a premier defense. The Bears suck **** but any game is a toss up against the Packers.

If the Packers get a lead early and MM doesnt go conservative the Packers pass rush and secondary will have a field day with Steeler turnovers.

If Harrison lays into Rodgers with one of his patented lead with the helmet cheap shots on Rodgers, then yes the Packers could be in that same situation.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you aren't too bright are you? LOL

Sooo, what "class A" defense has the Packers faced this season...the Packers defense? *****

Practice doesn't count, son. :)

No one said the Ravens had a better defense than the Packers. However, the Ravens have a better defense than any team the Packers have faced this year...until now.

You really whiffed on that one.

The Steelers dbs are woefully underrated. They are often left out on an island in most of LeBeau's blitz sets.
In most cases, they are called upon to keep receivers in front of the coverage and tackle the ball, not provide shutdown coverage. If the Pack can't handle 4 of the best pass rush lbs in the league, they are toast.

Btw, if you think the Packers defense is better/more talented than that of the Steelers, then you are all kinds of stupid. LOL

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest assured if Harrison merely touches Rodgers, you'll be crying a river. Harrison is already in your head, just imagine what your golden boy is thinking. :)

Reaction score
The Steelers' defense is not invincible. They got lit up by New England earlier this year. Brady was chopping them up like fine cocaine. While the Packers may have not faced a defense like Pittsburgh's (although Chicago's D is pretty damn good), Pittsburgh hasn't faced an offense like Green Bay's in the postseason. You have dealt with a Flacco led Ravens offense where Flacco fell apart and a 2nd year quarterback in Mark Sanchez. Decent offenses but not potent like the Packers.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers' defense is not invincible. They got lit up by New England earlier this year. Brady was chopping them up like fine cocaine. While the Packers may have not faced a defense like Pittsburgh's (although Chicago's D is pretty damn good), Pittsburgh hasn't faced an offense like Green Bay's in the postseason. You have dealt with a Flacco led Ravens offense where Flacco fell apart and a 2nd year quarterback in Mark Sanchez. Decent offenses but not potent like the Packers.

The Packers are not New England and the Steelers are not the Falcons...just sayin'. :)

Good point about the Steeler facing an offense like the Packers. I can't wait to see how this one plays out...

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sooo, what "class A" defense has the Packers faced this season...the Packers defense? *****

Re-read what you wrote, you said:

"The Packers have a fine Defense, but it isn't on par with a team like the Ravens."

Thats comparing the Packers D with the Ravens D, not saying the Packers Offence hasn't played against the Ravens D...

All he did was point out how your comment was WRONG, the Packers D is better than the Ravens in several aspects. Next time, before you try to be a smart-***, make sure you're smart or else you'll just be left with the remainder...

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No one said the Ravens had a better defense than the Packers. However, the Ravens have a better defense than any team the Packers have faced this year...until now.

You really whiffed on that one.

The Steelers dbs are woefully underrated. They are often left out on an island in most of LeBeau's blitz sets.
In most cases, they are called upon to keep receivers in front of the coverage and tackle the ball, not provide shutdown coverage. If the Pack can't handle 4 of the best pass rush lbs in the league, they are toast.

Btw, if you think the Packers defense is better/more talented than that of the Steelers, then you are all kinds of stupid. LOL

LOL, I guess that makes you a (EDIT) Class 1A Fool huh? :hunter:Keep shootin blanks partner!

Last time i checked the Jets were pretty good. We beat the Jets in New York after their bye week and nearly beat the Patriots with a back up QB. And even though i dont think they are very good most people would say the Bears are a pretty good defense.

Hmmmm? who did the shitsburgsteamers beat that could be argued as a better defense than the Packers?

NO ONE IN THE REGULAR SEASON!

They finally got a win against the Jets at home in the Playoffs! Thats it!

The Steelers finally beat the Jets at Ketchup field (uh-oh you gonna be all butt hurt for that comment too?) After getting beat by them in the regular season and *** pounded by the Patriots in their own stadium!

BTW, I never said the Packers were better than the Steelers defense.

Having doubts are we?

You were the one eluding to the idea that the Packers are not a great defense.

Packers by 2 scores! Because the Steelers players are as ignorant as you are!

:happy0005:Spin it for me!:happy0005:

Edit: I got a bit liberal with the name calling in that one. Sorry all!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
The Steelers finally beat the Jets at Ketchup field

Just for the record, it's not "Ketchup Field", nor is it "Heinz Field" - it is Gillette West. :happy0005:

Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled game thread, already in progress.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Ravens Defense 2010:
3rd in Points
10th in Yds
21st in Pass Yards
5th against the Rush

The Packers Defense 2010:
2nd in Points
5th In Yards
5th in Pass Yards
18th against the Rush

Hoosier thinks the Ravens are better defensively?

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I guess that makes you a (EDIT) Class 1A Fool huh? :hunter:Keep shootin blanks partner!

Last time i checked the Jets were pretty good. We beat the Jets in New York after their bye week and nearly beat the Patriots with a back up QB. And even though i dont think they are very good most people would say the Bears are a pretty good defense.

Hmmmm? who did the shitsburgsteamers beat that could be argued as a better defense than the Packers?

NO ONE IN THE REGULAR SEASON!

They finally got a win against the Jets at home in the Playoffs! Thats it!

The Steelers finally beat the Jets at Ketchup field (uh-oh you gonna be all butt hurt for that comment too?) After getting beat by them in the regular season and *** pounded by the Patriots in their own stadium!

BTW, I never said the Packers were better than the Steelers defense.

Having doubts are we?

You were the one eluding to the idea that the Packers are not a great defense.

Packers by 2 scores! Because the Steelers players are as ignorant as you are!

:happy0005:Spin it for me!:happy0005:

Edit: I got a bit liberal with the name calling in that one. Sorry all!

No, I said the Steelers defense is better than the Packers. :)

The Patriots have the Steelers number...no doubt.

Btw, the Patriots beat you when it was a MEANINGLESS game for them and a potential MUST WIN for the Packers. LOL Talk about spin...how can you stand up straight?

Keep in mind the Packers rush defense is worse than the Steelers pass defense. Mendy is going to run all over the Pack. Get ready!!

Sorry pal, but the Ravens have a much tougher defense than the Packers. Once Rodgers gets smacked the game is over and the Steelers will dismantle them. Tune in and see. :)

Judging by your response, I'd guess you are the one coming unhinged, partner. LMAO

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Btw, the Patriots beat you when it was a MEANINGLESS game for them and a MUST WIN for the Packers. LOL Talk about spin...how can you stand up straight?

There are no meaningless games.

/BelichickMode

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

/BelichickMode

I'm going to download that meaningless game of the 5th seeded Saints beating the Steelers and watch to see if the Packers can attack the Steelers the same way, I'm VERY curious now...since now selective games are meaningless this season according to some guy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Btw, the Patriots beat you when it was a MEANINGLESS game for them and a MUST WIN for the Packers. LOL Talk about spin...how can you stand up straight?

Keep in mind the Packers rush defense is worse than the Steelers pass defense. Mendy going to run all over the Pack. Get ready!!

Sorry pal, but the Ravens have a much tougher defense than the Packers. Once Rodgers gets smacked the game is over and the Steelers will dismantle them. Tune in and see. :)

#1...Did you see the NE Pack game? If not Rodgers didnt play.and we were 20 yards short to beat them

#2...Did you watch any of the Packers playoff games? If you did and not just read the stats you would know we gave up 30 more yards then the Ravens rushing...In ONE LESS GAME...Vs the #1, #5 and #9 rushing teams in the NFC.

So yeah our D rushing sucks eh?

Go ahead look into and then come back and say opps

So yeah keep looking at the regular season stats makes you look so aware of our team

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

/BelichickMode

Not only that, but it was not a "MUST WIN" for Green Bay (we didn't win, and we're in the Super Bowl, so what does that say?), it was a road game in a tough place to play, and Aaron Rodgers didn't play in it. Though we fell short, I'd say we did pretty well, and pretty much shocked an awful lot of people.

You're a Pats fan. What did you think?

There's spinning going on, but it sounds to me like it's coming from people who don't seem to like the Packers very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts