Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

chucktownsteeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Checking in from Charleston, SC. Your board was mentioned on our site and thought I would take a look. it appears to be a well run board, very nice.

Good luck to both teams, but naturally pulling for the Steelers. Both teams are very equal but I think the big edge in experiance will tip the scales to the Steelers. Also the fast turf at Dallas Stadium gives a huge edge to our young but very fast and dangerous "Young Money" receivers. Helps our defense as well, as it was built on speed.

Chucktown's prediction:

Steelers 36

Pack 17

ChucktownSteeler

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both defenses are equally matched...both are great & opportunistic in turnovers. A key turnover (or 2), could determine the game.

I see a glaring difference in their offenses. Buried in the stats, is a little talked about tidbit.

That is drum roll, How well Aaron & company play in domes, with a fast track.

This year:
1. at Minnesota...301yds, 71% completion, 141.3 pass rating.
2. at ATL...344 yds, 74.3% completion, 114.5 pass rating
3. at Detroit...46 yds, 63.6% completion, 34.7 pass rating
4. at ATL...366 yds, 86.1% completion, 136.8 pass rating

We all know about the Detroit game, as Rodgers got the concussion, & played just the 1st half...that game was an "anomaly".

The rest of those games, shows how good our passing game, really is on a fast track...match that, with the fact, the squeller pass D is their weakness on D.

Aaron & Company Will Have a Hay-day!

Bill From Hanover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans .....

I am one of the Site Administrators for a Steeler Fan Site. I would like to extend a handshake to you and welcome you over to our site during this Super Bowl between our teams.

It's a good site like this one, friendly people and some old grumpy folks as well .....

This is going to be one helluva game, 2 good teams, great fans with a very deep, rich history in the NFL.

So stop by ....... Good Luck this Sunday !

Bill from Hanover

PS .... Sorry but I need to have 5 posts in order to share our Steeler Fan Link

Bill From Hanover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The link is in my signature section .... So what do you think about the game ? How do you feel about being the favorite's ?

We do have several of our message board members already here, they are all class acts and all posts are in good spirits, after all we do need to offer some good game humor here, you know.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care for vegas favoring us, we are still a 6th seed football team that matches well w/ any team in the NFL

Reaction score
One thing Rodgers has to be weary of is throwing in the middle of the field too often. I am from California and I still remember Polamalu when he was at USC jumping into passing lanes as a QB tried to throw a dart mid field. They were rarely successful. Troy has gotten even better at that is a pro. Rodgers has to be aware of Polamalu at all times.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoosier checking in from Greensboro, NC.

Btw, James Harrison was just held...no flag...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoosier checking in from Greensboro, NC.

Btw, James Harrison was just held...no flag...
On that note, James Harrison just put his eyes down, and led with the crown of his helmet going into the ball carrier's face or head.

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Green Packer complained about getting the snot cleared from his noggin'. Get used to it.

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On that note, James Harrison just put his eyes down, and led with the crown of his helmet going into the ball carrier's face or head.

I find this post and your sig quite ironic. Karma is a *****. No one here is wishing injury on anyone, while your sig suggests otherwise. How's the view from your glass house?

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Harrison just glanced at Aaron Rodgers....unsportmanlike conduct...15 yards.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Green Packer complained about getting the snot cleared from his noggin'. Get used to it.

Packers can lay the wood without a problem, there's a lot of Players on the Packers that other NFL Fans don't know about b/c they were either injured or just so young...Fans really have no idea who is on our squad or how strong of a squad it is

Packer619

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgSe6szg5fs&feature=feedu"]YouTube - Packers 2011 Remix Super Bowl XLV[/ame]
Go Pack lets do this

Hoosier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ the Cutler "poise" comment.

It's going to be a great game...for the Steelers. :)

Seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing representatives of two of the NFL's greatest organizations going at it on the biggest stage of them all.

Looking forward to some good-hearted smack between packerforum and McMillenandWife.

Btw, nice board you have here.

Members online

Latest posts