Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the MM & TT Haters take a hike and go find another team.! Let the Farve guys ( and I love Farve show a little more love to Rodgers )!

We are the World Champs!

The original America's Team when Football replaced Baseball as America's No. 1 Sport

Kid Cunner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUnANYnibbA]YouTube - Lil Wayne - Green & Yellow [Download Inside][/ame]

Gotta have that on repeat all night!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is I am elated an extremely happy right now.

On the flip side of all of this " look at Jolly" No Super Bowl Ring for being stupid!

Go Pack!

Steelersfan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats guys,

Just wanted to briefly represent the classy Pittsburgh fans and say the Packers played like Champions today.

Enjoy your victory.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the happiest person in Pittsburgh tonight... just unbelievable, twice I broke down into tears after it was official. This will go down as the greatest Packers victory I've ever seen. What a game, what a season.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a couple things I know they were out injuried most the game but Pack wouldn't have got there without Double D and especially Charles (was panicking hard when he went out) so sucks hard that they couldn't finish it out. I have a bald spot in my head for ripping hair out when all those balls were being dropped but hey alls well that ends well. Lastly Troy and Joe Buck were terrible i almost fell asleep they were that boring think Michaels and Collinsworth would have done a better job

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
i understand i'm not on the field, but come on!!! he dropped many crucial passes. we won, but it boiled down to luck and a lucky play by williams at the end. being on the edge of my seat only works if both teams were evenly matched. the packers clearly outclassed the steelers even in the beginning, then lost the momentum due to costly mistakes. had we lost, i'd place the blame squarely on Nelson

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!! I'd love to go over to that "other" Packer board that is always asking for McCarthy's head and Thompson's head and is always complaining about the Pack. But I'll just gloat here.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
fire Nelson. he almost cost us a superbowl

Dropped balls has been a real sore point in an otherwise spectacular year for the team. Both Nelson and Jones are pretty good on the bread and butter "go to" passes but they have fallen short on a number of deep balls, especially Jones.

Nothing is perfect but these two receivers will be singled out for others fighting to take their jobs.

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
Dropped balls has been a real sore point in an otherwise spectacular year for the team. Both Nelson and Jones are pretty good on the bread and butter "go to" passes but they have fallen short on a number of deep balls, especially Jones.

Nothing is perfect but these two receivers will be singled out for others fighting to take their jobs.

finally...Amen to that brother. i say give someone else a chance. Nelson got to many tosses and came up short. i'm not bashing Nelson, but i felt he was a key component of the Packers coming close to losing and hopefully someone in manangement fixes him in the off season

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are Champions tonight! I'm not going to fuss over any dropped balls right now, I did that enough during the game. We won! The Packers are Superbowl champions!!! That is all that matters to me! In the end, the Packers proved to be the better team! They did not play a perfect game, but to me, they are as close to perfect as I ever want them to be. In my eyes they are perfect in every way. I wouldn't trade them for anything, for any moment. This, just this glory I feel now. I feel as if my spirit is on top of the world. I love every member of this team, they have all helped win this Superbowl in some way, shape or form. This season has been magic from day one. From having 15 guys on the IR, to the Superbowl. The road was not an easy one. But the Packers are warriors, they marched on. Never stopped believing. Never questioned why. It is a team such as this that will be remembered for decades to come. I can't begin to even say how proud I am of them. I felt the spirit of this team all season, I could not give up on them. To the fan, no greater moment can possibly be achieved. I wouldn't trade a single moment of this season, this is exactly how I would want it to be. Every moment has made this team into what they are now. Superbowl Champions baby. Vince Lombardi, somewhere in heaven is crying tears of joy as he watches this team take his trophy home. They are everything he'd want them to be. In them, the legend of Lombardi lives on.

Glory be to the Pack! You are Superbowl Champions and you have earned it every step of the way!

Congrats to every player, every person in the Packer organization, family and all. Your moment is now!

Members online

Latest posts