Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wtf with the injuries this is bs, i hope shields and woodson play in the second half

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I hope CWood and Shields etc are just back in the locker room as a precaution. Them bein out that drive was, imho, the only reason the Steelers scored a TD. Packers get the ball to start the second half. If they can do a long time-consuming drive, your D should be ok. Add a score to that, and Big Ben will get desperate.

Overall, still a close game, but I'm still liking the Pack's chances.

bobby jr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move to defer the Packers get the ball first. I sure hope at least some of the Packers injured players come back for the 2nd half esp. on the D. That was too easy for Pittsburgh to get that last TD.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, the steelers have been here before. theyll make their adjustments, and im sure experience will kick in. but overall im very pleased with how the pack have played on both sides of the ball, and as long as they dont take their foot off the gas, i like our chances to hold on.

GPLDAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FwR3PRk_M8]YouTube - packer dance[/ame]

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
well, the steelers have been here before. theyll make their adjustments, and im sure experience will kick in. but overall im very pleased with how the pack have played on both sides of the ball, and as long as they dont take their foot off the gas, i like our chances to hold on.

The Packers will make adjustments as well. And, so far, "experience" hasn't done squat for the Steelers. :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the field must be made out of concrete or something. Hopefully Shields and Woodson will be able to return.
That or dirty play by the Stealers.

So far the only penalties in play have been against them.
Two blocks in the back that I know of.

Expect more to come in the 2nd round.

hansel13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move to defer the Packers get the ball first. I sure hope at least some of the Packers injured players come back for the 2nd half esp. on the D. That was too easy for Pittsburgh to get that last TD.

Agreed, I almost always prefer deferring to the 2nd half. Packers are notorious for slowing things down, but hopefully we keep playing aggressively.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These injuries has been something that GB has dealt with all season. They will overcome this, but it is essential that Woodson & Shields return for the second half. That was a damn numble TD that the Steelers got at the end of the half.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
That or dirty play by the Stealers.

So far the only penalties in play have been against them.
Two blocks in the back that I know of.

Expect more to come in the 2nd round.

No, there was nothing dirty. Something is up with that turf - a Steeler player, a WR, went in the locker room too after hitting the turf too hard.

bobby jr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope the Packers don't slow down like they did against the Bears. I sure hope they can score on their first possession that would be great and take some pressure off the defense.
Maybe this long halftime will help get the Packers injured players worked on so they can return. The injuries didn't look too serious.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will make adjustments as well. And, so far, "experience" hasn't done squat for the Steelers. :happy0005:

oh, i definitely agree. im just trying to keep things "even keeled" and not get too excited/cocky. thats when things usually start going bad, lol(yeah, i admit it. im superstitious as hell, haha).

hansel13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha how awful is this half time show? Black eyed peas is not working for me, very difficult to watch.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am soooooooo psyched and grateful that we, not them, have the lead coming back into the 2nd half.
And remember, that the Packers have not once this season or in post trailed by more than 7!
I really like our chances, and I hope the Pack keeps the fire burning for just 2 more quarters!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha how awful is this half time show? Black eyed peas is not working for me, very difficult to watch.

I'm trying to decide which was worse......the halftime show or the blonde chick looking like a cheap hooker butchering the national anthem.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has to control the ball more in the second half. They only had the ball for 11 out of 30 1st half minutes. It is essential that they control the ball and finish with scores.

Members online

Latest posts