Official Game Day Thread: Saints @ Packers - 9/8: Win 42 - 34

Who will NBC choose for the Thursday NFL Kickoff?

• Total voters

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was as soon as they gained possession, you don't see guys kneeling after they catch a punt anytime else.

I am not sure of the rule, and since you were so adamant that it was a blown call, figured you knew, but I guess not

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Heart attack Pack again! We improved on special teams returns at least. Special teams coverage? Eh....

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I am not sure of the rule, and since you were so adamant that it was a blown call, figured you knew, but I guess not

I was only adamant with my anger at that particular moment :) but I still think the rule is possession not "being down". If the rule is that he has to be down than he could theoretically advance the ball so that makes no sense to me.

edit: either way the fact they didn't even look at it was kind bull in such an important moment, especially within 2 minute when we cant challenge.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Sean Payton for making as bad of a call as whoever the hell (I am assuming Rodgers based on the MM reaction) on the 3rd and 3 before. 2 runs by kuhn = 1st down

L

Lunchboxer

Ugh that was way too close for my personal taste.

The D looked kinda bad today. Good thing they came alive on that last play.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy now, from what I have seen you have ONE guy on here talking crap. Been that way all week. One *******, and of course that's what most will remember. Thanks a lot SWW.
I think you guys have an excellent football team and I do indeed fear you guys. I wish you well the rest of the season, unless of course we meet you again. You are correct about SWW. Good Luck the rest of the season.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW! Why do we have to have so many games that come down to the wire? I'll take the win, but lets get some stuff fixed in practice this week! GO PACK!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this pulls any tails but I just can't help myself. I feel the need to strike up the band! Sing and march around with me!

Oh when the Saints... Oh when the Saints.... Oh when the Saints.... Oh when the Saints go marching......... OUT!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't happy to see the Packers take their foot off the offensive gas pedal. I'm not going to question the coaches call, I'm just saying as a fan I'd have liked to see them keep running it up on them.
If anybody thinks there were bad ref calls I'd like to ask you to rewatch the game. There were some on both sides of the ball. This game was not decided by the refs. Packers won the TO battle. That was no accident or luck. Saint and Packers live by it, we're just better at protecting the ball.
I think the Packers just beat the 2nd best team in the NFC tonight. One point I'd like for everyone to ponder. If roles were reversed and it was the Packers on the short end of the score, does anybody doubt that Aaron would have put on a performance like Brees to bring us back?
Great game by two exceptional teams. Oh, SWW, once again WHO has the best receivers in the NFL?

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the two calls at the end of the game:

I believe the call on the punt was because his momentum carried him into the endzone. It might not have mattered that his knee was down outside of the endzone because his momentum carried him over the line. Still think they should have at least reviewed it.

The AJ Hawk pass interference call was wrong, but I don't blame the ref for it. He had a bad angle on it and it certainly looked like interference to me before they showed the replay. Great play by Hawk though.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
i would have loved a blow out instead of a nail biter shootout, but a win is a win. Is anyone else sad that we have to wait 9 days for our next game? although I'm glad the players get a break after an emotional/hard fought game.

also-any news on tramons injury?

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JSOnline reporter said it looked bad(Tramon was holding his arm in pain in post game walking out). No comments from doctors or coaches yet. Man I sure hope it aint serious.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
One of the things I really loved about the whole production last night was when Bart Starr carried the Packer flag onto the field. I started following the Pack when he was a young buck. I've followed his career and the sad events surrounding his family and his good work all through the years. He probably wasn't cut out to be a head coach. But he's still a great guy.

Members online

Latest posts