1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Game Day Thread: Saints @ Packers - 9/8: Win 42 - 34

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by FrankRizzo, Feb 8, 2011.

?

Who will NBC choose for the Thursday NFL Kickoff?

1. New Orleans Saints @ Packers

55.1%
  2. Chicago Bears @ Packers

44.9%
  1. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Less than the Packers scored.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    I am not sure of the rule, and since you were so adamant that it was a blown call, figured you knew, but I guess not

3. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    turnovers my man, turnovers.

4. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    Oh well, I guess the number of punts is all that matters. Are you serious?

42-17. That is all.

5. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Heart attack Pack again! We improved on special teams returns at least. Special teams coverage? Eh....

6. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I was only adamant with my anger at that particular moment :) but I still think the rule is possession not "being down". If the rule is that he has to be down than he could theoretically advance the ball so that makes no sense to me.

edit: either way the fact they didn't even look at it was kind bull in such an important moment, especially within 2 minute when we cant challenge.

7. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    So because you either turned it over on downs or turned the ball over, that is apparently better than a punt? That makes zero sense.

• Like Like x 2
  8. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Your point being?

• Like Like x 1
  9. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +834
    Thank you Sean Payton for making as bad of a call as whoever the hell (I am assuming Rodgers based on the MM reaction) on the 3rd and 3 before. 2 runs by kuhn = 1st down

10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    And this Saints Will Win guy told us he would come on here and give us credit if we won?

• Like Like x 1
  11. PackersXLV

PackersXLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The defense won the game for us. Four red-zone stops. To me, that makes up for the terrible tackling.

12. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Ugh that was way too close for my personal taste.

The D looked kinda bad today. Good thing they came alive on that last play.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    What does that have to do with anything. You guys eather failed to convert on 4th down or fumbled the ball.

Look at the final score who won the game.

14. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Easy now, from what I have seen you have ONE guy on here talking crap. Been that way all week. One jackass, and of course that's what most will remember. Thanks a lot SWW.

15. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    My heart was beating really fast on that last play haha.

16. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I think you guys have an excellent football team and I do indeed fear you guys. I wish you well the rest of the season, unless of course we meet you again. You are correct about SWW. Good Luck the rest of the season.

17. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    All I can say is WOW! Why do we have to have so many games that come down to the wire? I'll take the win, but lets get some stuff fixed in practice this week! GO PACK!

18. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I apologize in advance if this pulls any tails but I just can't help myself. I feel the need to strike up the band! Sing and march around with me!

Oh when the Saints... Oh when the Saints.... Oh when the Saints.... Oh when the Saints go marching......... OUT!

• Like Like x 1
  19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I wasn't happy to see the Packers take their foot off the offensive gas pedal. I'm not going to question the coaches call, I'm just saying as a fan I'd have liked to see them keep running it up on them.
    If anybody thinks there were bad ref calls I'd like to ask you to rewatch the game. There were some on both sides of the ball. This game was not decided by the refs. Packers won the TO battle. That was no accident or luck. Saint and Packers live by it, we're just better at protecting the ball.
    I think the Packers just beat the 2nd best team in the NFC tonight. One point I'd like for everyone to ponder. If roles were reversed and it was the Packers on the short end of the score, does anybody doubt that Aaron would have put on a performance like Brees to bring us back?
    Great game by two exceptional teams. Oh, SWW, once again WHO has the best receivers in the NFL?

20. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Regarding the two calls at the end of the game:

I believe the call on the punt was because his momentum carried him into the endzone. It might not have mattered that his knee was down outside of the endzone because his momentum carried him over the line. Still think they should have at least reviewed it.

The AJ Hawk pass interference call was wrong, but I don't blame the ref for it. He had a bad angle on it and it certainly looked like interference to me before they showed the replay. Great play by Hawk though.

21. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +112
    i would have loved a blow out instead of a nail biter shootout, but a win is a win. Is anyone else sad that we have to wait 9 days for our next game? although I'm glad the players get a break after an emotional/hard fought game.

also-any news on tramons injury?

22. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    JSOnline reporter said it looked bad(Tramon was holding his arm in pain in post game walking out). No comments from doctors or coaches yet. Man I sure hope it aint serious.

23. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,396
    I think Tramon hyperextended it.

24. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Finley, Jennings, Driver, Nelson.....brutal! And now, add COBB! Fun to watch....a nightmare for defenses. Jones didn't even get a ball thrown to him did he? I don't recall any!? Hope Tramon is OK! Great win, but way too close for comfort.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,183
    One of the things I really loved about the whole production last night was when Bart Starr carried the Packer flag onto the field. I started following the Pack when he was a young buck. I've followed his career and the sad events surrounding his family and his good work all through the years. He probably wasn't cut out to be a head coach. But he's still a great guy.

• Like Like x 3