Official Game Day Thread: Packers vs Giants - 12/26: WIN 45 - 17

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, since Rodgers is confirmed, I guess we won't be in like Flynn anymore. God dammit!

first play: Rodgers in the shotgun, run through the middle, breaks a huge tackle and keeps going for an 80 yard rushing TD. Kick off, Giants fumble, GB recovers and runs back for TD. Packers kick off, Giants play and get sacked 3 times into score zone for 2 pt safety. Packers get the ball and drive for 10 minutes straight until the pass is intercepted. Packers play D and first play of the drive Matthews tips and catches a low pass to the right and runs for a TD. After that, Giants lose hope, and Packers score 8 more TDs in the second half to Driver, Jennings, and Nelson to win in a hard laughter. 79-0, Packers.

Duh.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just realized since this game is the day after Christmas, and is the 4 pm start. i think im gonna be with my family of Giants fans...this could get ugly...

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers had their good game last week. This will be a massacre. I am getting the sense that if Rodgers doesn't execute the play, then the buffoon will call it wrong. Rodgers lacks the one thing Favre had in spades, desire to win. If I see AR do that stupid belt trick one more time I am going to scream. Son, act like you have been there before.

The only way the Giants scores less is if the defense shows up. Not sure how many more have been added to IR from the NE game, but I would expect 3 or 4. That means they won't have enough bodies to field a starting 11 and will get run and passed on at will.

This team will slide off into mediocrity by losing the last 2 games in blow outs.

Next year will be the same script if played at all. Amusingly and tantilizing offensive powered preseason. Then the offense goes into the crapper game one regular season and by game 8, half the team on IR and the team works its way down to an 8 and 8 record or more likely 4-12.

Our free agent signings, if any, will be anyone who has played for the Packers in the past and are 3rd stringers or out of the league. Packers draft picks will all be projects who either didn't play their last year in college or are injury prone backups.

The great thing about this is that Teddy Tightwad will never be canned which means the great flustercluck double M will be at the helm for a long time of the Green Bay Powerderpuffs. If anyone sees a strenght and condition coach walk by, please give him the Packers address.

There, got the Giants game covered and tossed in some venting.

L

Lunchboxer

Packers had their good game last week. This will be a massacre. I am getting the sense that if Rodgers doesn't execute the play, then the buffoon will call it wrong. Rodgers lacks the one thing Favre had in spades, desire to win. If I see AR do that stupid belt trick one more time I am going to scream. Son, act like you have been there before.

The only way the Giants scores less is if the defense shows up. Not sure how many more have been added to IR from the NE game, but I would expect 3 or 4. That means they won't have enough bodies to field a starting 11 and will get run and passed on at will.

This team will slide off into mediocrity by losing the last 2 games in blow outs.

Next year will be the same script if played at all. Amusingly and tantilizing offensive powered preseason. Then the offense goes into the crapper game one regular season and by game 8, half the team on IR and the team works its way down to an 8 and 8 record or more likely 4-12.

Our free agent signings, if any, will be anyone who has played for the Packers in the past and are 3rd stringers or out of the league. Packers draft picks will all be projects who either didn't play their last year in college or are injury prone backups.

The great thing about this is that Teddy Tightwad will never be canned which means the great flustercluck double M will be at the helm for a long time of the Green Bay Powerderpuffs. If anyone sees a strenght and condition coach walk by, please give him the Packers address.

Come on man show some optimism.

I dont think Orbital Wobble will have a factor this week.

Gotta maintain hope here. Its do or die time.

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I've always believed, the Giants are no joke, but dude, I not only know both games won't be blowouts but I also believe the Packers are a better team than the Giants, not by much though. You saw FLYNN play the Patriots and honestly the Pack shoulda won that one, but failed by a few points. If Rodgers comes into this game fully prepared and pumped up, they WILL win this game. If It's the Lions Rodgers we get, then we lose. Our D is doing fine, so this game is all up to how much Rodgers and the offense want to do work.

I just want to point out that the Giants may win but It's not as guaranteed as you put it. You talk like the Packers didn't just almost beat the best team in the NFL with a backup quarterback. Dude.

SANDMIKE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only first round match up possible is Bears get #3 seed and Pack #6 seed. There are a few ways this can happen but all scenarios start with 2 packer wins. "The easiest way is a bears loss to the jets this weekend and one eagles win(min,dal). That locks the bears in at #3. One saints win(@atl,tb) locks gb in at #6. If the bears beat the jets sunday the eagles must win out to drop the bears to #3. There are also a few ways gb can move up to the #5 seed if the saints lose both their games and we end up tied with giants and/or bucs. If this is the match-up you want to see I suggest you root for these outcomes this week. GB beats NYG, NYJ beats CHI, PHI beats Min and NO beats ATL.

SANDMIKE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win out.

What would it take to get to Chicago and beat the crap out of the Barelys?
Only first round match up possible is Bears get #3 seed and Pack #6 seed. There are a few ways this can happen but all scenarios start with 2 packer wins. "The easiest way is a bears loss to the jets this weekend and one eagles win(min,dal). That locks the bears in at #3. One saints win(@atl,tb) locks gb in at #6. If the bears beat the jets sunday the eagles must win out to drop the bears to #3. There are also a few ways gb can move up to the #5 seed if the saints lose both their games and we end up tied with giants and/or bucs. If this is the match-up you want to see I suggest you root for these outcomes this week. GB beats NYG, NYJ beats CHI, PHI beats Min and NO beats ATL.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

much rather have the 5th seed imo

kali3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This realy comes down to how the Giants rebound from that devestating Eagles lost. It's hard to know how a team is effected by something like that.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is it sunday yet? man im so excited for this game! and possibly the rematch against the Bears pending the result this weekend! but man i cant waitttttt!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's bring some history and culture back to Lambeau.

When gladiators fought in the Roman coliseum, they would say "Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant."
Rough translation: Hail Caesar, we who about to die salute you.

I think the Giants (and Bears next week) should stand at midfield and say "Hail Packer fans, we who are about to get our ***** kicked, salute you!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really comes down to how the Giants rebound from that devastating Eagles loss. It's hard to know how a team is affected by something like that.
They only lost to Philly because of DeSean Jackson going off.
Sadly for us, we don't have DeSean Jackson.

We have to win on the strength of our offense, and defense. Certainly our special teams and refs won't do us any favors.

Reaction score
Have to agree. They had their chance to rebound with the Lions and botched it. Almost winning at the Patriots and thinking they have a shot is a bit fanciful. An "L" is still an "L" in the loss column. On to 2011.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to agree. They had their chance to rebound with the Lions and botched it. Almost winning at the Patriots and thinking they have a shot is a bit fanciful. An "L" is still an "L" in the loss column. On to 2011.
Not so fast.
We have a chance to win every game we play, that's a given.
From at New England with a backup QB making his first career start, to at Atlanta, to at Philly.... we are in every game.

We've had bad breaks.

If that changes, we can easily win 6 straight games. Even 5 gets is to the Super Bowl.

Don't give up yet. I hate quitters.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it aint over until we are officially eliminated. until then, i will keep the faith!

unfortunately, i just learned of an anniversary party that im going to on sunday. gonna be missing the game. i was so freaking excited to watch it and now i have to miss it. ughhh. im gonna have my packer fan friend text me scoring updates so im gonna be glued to my phone. lol.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea man the pack not getting any love, like our home field is not an a avantage at all. Just totally disrespectful. So PACKER FANS lets fill the stadium and PACKER Player lets show them what the frozen tundra is all aboutttttttttttttttttttt.

Members online

Latest posts