Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings 10/5: LOSE 30 - 23

FootballDude

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love hearing about all this whining about the officicals and the people whining about hearing Brett Brett Brett Brett. Hey, other teams has to put up with this from YOUR quaterback for 16 years...now it is your turn. No fun, is it? You are no longer "favored" for calls like when you had Brett.

*sniff sniff sniff*

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok thanks...I havent watched the game yet, to scared to throw stuff at my screen lol
Don't. We start fairly well, with screens, moving the ball well, but then when Rodgers fumbles, it's all downhill. At a certain moment, we're able to stop Peterson, but there's a play that Favre has more than 8 seconds to throw the ball, IN THE POCKET. It's embarassing. The season is lost, because they had all the time to make corrections, and they didn't. The OL is a chaos, Kampman sucks badly, our ILBs are useless (really useless, Barnett was awful), Grant can't run the ball. They should've kept Smith and Sutton, that's not discussable, Wynn sucks, and Martin sucks. Bad decisions after bad decisions... Now it's too late.

Hope it helps ;)

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, when we whine about officiating we sound really annoying so let's face facts, shall we? Our team got beat. Down 30-14 in the dome in MN in the 4th qtr. is nobody's fault but our own.

If the refs were being lenient on the holding calls then start holding. Get a feel for the flow of the game, how the refs are calling things & go with it. Chillar didn't have to tackle Peterson & then stand over him, running his mouth right next to the official. That was plain stupid.

:rules2:
The call on Woodson was B.S. because it should have been illegal contact or def. holding, not P.I. The ball wasn't in the air yet when the contact happened. It was still a penalty though. I admit I had the luxury of being able to scrutinize the play from several angles after the fact but it was correct to call something IMHO.

:comando:
A larger issue is MM's propensity to get caught up in the heat of the game & make poor decisions, like going for it on 4th down instead of kicking that FG. Coaching 101 says take the points, don't risk a huge momentum swing by letting the D think they held you when actually your TE dropped a sure TD catch. I know fans love to go for it but MM is not a fan, he's the leader.

The play prior to that was all on Finley for not running his route a yard deeper. If he takes on the LB a yard closer to the goal line on that pass play, all he has to do is catch, turn & reach for the TD.

I liked the way the play-calling started but then it went pass-happy like usual & that played right into enemy gameplan. How can MM justify only 11 carries for Grant when he averaged 4.6 ypc against the "toughest" run D in the conference?

:dontknow:
TT began his tenure in GB 5 years ago by blowing up the O-line & has attempted to re-build it but the results so far have been negligible. Accountability starts at the top & TT needs to address his own progress or lack thereof & DO SOMETHING about it, NOW!

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AL HARRIS WORTHLESS!! ARE YOU INSANE! Half of the plays made on his side wasnt broken coverage by him but by derrick martin. We ran a cover 2 alot and favre exploited the coverage on top where the safety was SUPPOSED to be. Al did his job so get your facts straight before you talk **** about one of the best corners in the game.

ok maybe worthless is a little harsh, but to me he seems like he was a better fit in press coverage then zone coverage and is it just me or does he give some big plays to the opposing team quite often nowadays. Im not bashin on him but he seems like hes not goona fit into a 3-4 defense like we all hoped, yeah I hope he gets better as the season goes but jeeez that one play where he got beat bad and was lookin for a flag as soon as the guy caught it and went into the endzone is BS. MAKE THE PLAY QUIT WORRYIN ABOUT IF THE REFS GOONA GIVE U A CALL OR NOT! I got faith in him to change things around though Im sure hell get his *** chewed like everyone else on film day.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Al Harris is worthless just mass confusion in the secondary about responsibilities. We will see week 6 if they get this corrected as they will face an enormous test in Calvin Johnson who I believe is a top 5 receiver in this league. It does depend on who throws it to him but if Stafford is playing look for him to target him 15+ times in the game.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris is STILL smoldering!

Al Harris was exposed as old and slow last night, plain and simple. He was a step behind even on the plays he was "in" on. This is a young man's game for everyone but No. 4, it seems. It's time for some personell adjustments.

Reaction score
NFC North

Packers will be third in the division. I still don't see any noticeable difference in the quality of play with the new coach. They achieved multiple appearances in the playoffs with Mike Sherman and 1 appearance with McCarthy. They have declined in performance since their playoff run 2 years ago.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will be third in the division. I still don't see any noticeable difference in the quality of play with the new coach. They achieved multiple appearances in the playoffs with Mike Sherman and 1 appearance with McCarthy. They have declined in performance since their playoff run 2 years ago.

They've declined SIGNIFICANTLY since their run 2 years ago when they were one play from the Super Bowl. Since then, a losing season last year and what might shape up to be a very long season this year.

At what point will TT and MM pay for this debacle?

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've declined SIGNIFICANTLY since their run 2 years ago when they were one play from the Super Bowl. Since then, a losing season last year and what might shape up to be a very long season this year.

At what point will TT and MM pay for this debacle?
The season is far from over but when they are out of playoffs then you can pile on MM and TT.

Members online

Latest posts