Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings - 10/23: WIN 33 - 27

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very interested in seeing the Packers D against Peterson...also I have no inkling of doubt that the Pack win this by at least 14. I'm more curious to see if they can contain Peterson, knowing he is their Offense. This is for future games, with teams that have strong running games.

Reaction score
I do see Newhouse struggling against Allen. Hell, even experienced players struggle against Allen. It's going to be loud in there and I anticipate Newhouse getting a false start or two. We are really going to need Starks/Grant in this game. I think this is going to be a closer game than most people think. And the Vikings still have AP and as long as they have him, the Vikings aren't pushovers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh yeah. It was supposed to be "a walk" for the Pack.

Jason Garrett starting for the Cowbags in a Thanksgiving game against GB (and Reggie White) ...

I'm not being negative...I'm just cautious because ... well, Cam Newton theoretically could have beaten the Pack earlier in the year. I hedge because there isn't a "book" yet on Ponder. The Vikes know what he can and can't do ... the Pack don't yet. In short, I hate miracles. haha...

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet McCarthy will give the team a week off if they win and only a couple of days
off if they lose. Some extra incentive for the players to win this game going into
the bye week.

Looks like we will be without Sam Shields, but the Vikes will be without Antoine
Winfield, their best corner, along with John Sullivan, their starting center.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody remember the Packers-Vikings game in the Metrodome, in 2002? The Packers were 8-1 coming into the game and the Vikings were 2-7. We were supposed to beat the tar out of them due to record alone, but Brett Favre had a 56% completion percentage and threw 3 interceptions while Culpepper passed all over us en route to a 31-21 Packer loss. The Vikings made plenty mistakes, but we made more. I still have a tape of the game, somewhere.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We outmatch them. The Vikings can bang the AP and Jared Allen drums all they want, but in the end the Packers outmatch them by a large margin. I'm talking about the teams as a whole, not two individual players. I respect both AP and Allen as great players, but look at the rest of the Vikings. Even with them, they are a 1-5 team. AP and Allen are certainly two players that deserve our consideration and are going to have to be game planned for, but they are not enough to bring down the Pack. Take those two away and what are they left with? We outmatch them on pretty much every level.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Yet I heard the same worry about the Rams game, that we would take it too light and could be upset. Okay we didn't beat them by 50 points, we still thoroughly took care of business. I expect the same for the Vikings.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers up by 17, I think Crosby will be 11 for 11 and the Packers 7 -0 when they reach the bye.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand how people come up with predictions of scores, I find it really stupid.
What if A-rod goes down in the first 5 minutes of the game?
There goes your 35-14 or whatever game out of the window.
All I'll say as I think we can beat them, we have some great tape from last week to see how to stop AP but that all might change this week with Ponder depending on how well he throws the ball.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand how people come up with predictions of scores, I find it really stupid.
What if A-rod goes down in the first 5 minutes of the game?
There goes your 35-14 or whatever game out of the window.
All I'll say as I think we can beat them, we have some great tape from last week to see how to stop AP but that all might change this week with Ponder depending on how well he throws the ball.

That's why we call them "predictions." It's based on what is likely or probable to occur if things remain as they are. Of course nobody really knows what's going to happen, the predictions are rooted in probability. Unless you are psychic like me!

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Well, your passing attack should pick up ground tomorrow. Vikings defensive back Chris "I beat my girlfriend" Cook committed domestic abuse and was arrested at 2am. He is spending the weekend in jail. Miscreant misanthropes like this should be kicked off the team. This Cook twit just can't stay out of trouble. At least Jared Allen will be putting Rodgers on the turf a few times and Viking fans have a chance to evaluate Ponders ability against the defending NFL champions.

Skol!

~Val

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Kitten, I respect your opinion and agree with several points, but, there are a few other players to account for than just Peterson and Allen. On offense you have Harvin... and that is about it. Defensively, you have E.J. Henderson and again, that is about it.... sheesh... my Vikings (yes, mine. I own them - think the crazy Irishman from the movie Braveheart lol) are going to get spanked. lol It will just be fun to watch football being played. Enjoy the game Kitten!

~Val

We outmatch them. The Vikings can bang the AP and Jared Allen drums all they want, but in the end the Packers outmatch them by a large margin. I'm talking about the teams as a whole, not two individual players. I respect both AP and Allen as great players, but look at the rest of the Vikings. Even with them, they are a 1-5 team. AP and Allen are certainly two players that deserve our consideration and are going to have to be game planned for, but they are not enough to bring down the Pack. Take those two away and what are they left with? We outmatch them on pretty much every level.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the win against the Falcons I cannot be convinced the Packers will lose.
Especially against a 1-5 team. Child, please.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, I respect your opinion and agree with several points, but, there are a few other players to account for than just Peterson and Allen. On offense you have Harvin... and that is about it. Defensively, you have E.J. Henderson and again, that is about it.... sheesh... my Vikings (yes, mine. I own them - think the crazy Irishman from the movie Braveheart lol) are going to get spanked. lol It will just be fun to watch football being played. Enjoy the game Kitten!

~Val

Indeed, I forgot Harvin and Henderson! How could I of! Everyone is focused on Allen and AP! Enjoy the game, too! :)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
That's why we call them "predictions." It's based on what is likely or probable to occur if things remain as they are. Of course nobody really knows what's going to happen, the predictions are rooted in probability. Unless you are psychic like me!
You probably already knew I'd ask this question didn't you?

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Oh yeah. It was supposed to be "a walk" for the Pack.

Jason Garrett starting for the Cowbags in a Thanksgiving game against GB (and Reggie White) ...

I'm not being negative...I'm just cautious because ... well, Cam Newton theoretically could have beaten the Pack earlier in the year. I hedge because there isn't a "book" yet on Ponder. The Vikes know what he can and can't do ... the Pack don't yet. In short, I hate miracles. haha...

I think Ponder will be to nervous about playing the Packers in his first game to have a "miracle"

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Anybody remember the Packers-Vikings game in the Metrodome, in 2002? The Packers were 8-1 coming into the game and the Vikings were 2-7. We were supposed to beat the tar out of them due to record alone, but Brett Favre had a 56% completion percentage and threw 3 interceptions while Culpepper passed all over us en route to a 31-21 Packer loss. The Vikings made plenty mistakes, but we made more. I still have a tape of the game, somewhere.

Much like the year we beat them both times in the regular season 34-31, then in the play offs, an 8-8 Minnesota team, in OUR house beat us down 31 to 17, with Favre throwing 4 picks, and Culpepper just shredding us.

Oh the horror, much why I hate playing Minnesota.

Reaction score
I wonder if we're gonna play Devon House this week, with Shields probably out, idk...
Don't like Bush in coverage.... I mean, unless Dom just sends him on the blitz every down, idk.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'm very interested in seeing the Packers D against Peterson...also I have no inkling of doubt that the Pack win this by at least 14. I'm more curious to see if they can contain Peterson, knowing he is their Offense. This is for future games, with teams that have strong running games.

It will be very interesting seeing as how the Packers have the #4 ranked run defense, so I'm excited to see the Packers get another true test being Adrian Peterson cause they've already had a test in Micheal Turner of the falcons.
should be a very good game with a Packers win for the 7-0 into bye week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts