Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Vikings - 10/23: WIN 33 - 27

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this team is looking to take anyone lightly this season. The game film from last weekend will be enough to make sure they don't rest on their laurels.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Packerlifer.

The Vikings are 1-5, the Tampa Bay team that beat us 2 years ago this month was 0-7, and also starting a rookie QB for the first time ever.

The Vikings have beaten us MANY times in that hell-hole dome, when we were favored to win. I personally have been to 6 Packers @ Vikings games, and we lost all 6. This includes the 1996 game when we went on to win the Super Bowl. Either that year, or the year before, we were like 4-0 or 3-0, and just killed everyone up til that point.

We still lost at the Vikings, in front of my horrified eyes.

Now the good news is that I will NOT be attending this game!
The bad news is that the Vikings will play their best in this game, and be up for it as it is their Super Bowl. Except last year, when they were on life-support, half-dead, it's always a tough game there. Rodgers is 1-2 in that super-loud dome, and Jared Allen always gave us fits. I can find 5 different occasions where Jared Allen sacked Rodgers, including for a safety. Now Jared gets the youngster Marshall Newhouse.

Allen will be a factor in this game. Hopefully McCarthy calls for a lot or runs to take advantage of Allen rushing wide.
And hopefully our OL blocks well and we run well. They don't have Pat Williams in there anymore clogging the line.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://packersinsider.com/?p=3649 Warning: Jared Allen <

Two years ago, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was sacked 8 times in a brutal 37-26 defeat to the Vikings, a game in which guard Daryn Colledge and then rookie T.J. Lang unsuccessfully tried to fill the very big shoes of an injured Clifton.
Even when Clifton has been there, it has been no walk in the park for Rodgers, but heading there this week with second-year pro Marshall Newhouse delegated to stopping NFL sack leader Jared Allen, the Packers know they're in for a test. Allen almost destroyed the offense single-handedly with 7 ½ sacks in the Vikings' series sweep in '09.
"You really have to tighten up your focus and discipline and that'll be no different for both our tackles," coach Mike McCarthy said. "But this will be Marshall Newhouse's biggest challenge so far this year."
Playing at the Metrodome is a challenge for any offense, but it can be worse for the Packers because the fans they bring tend to stir up the Vikings crowd and make for an ear-splitting cacophony inside the dome.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If you are implying that this is a trap game, well you're insane. Rodgers is going to have another field day. Hopefully this time though we don't completely disappear in the second half.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings usually have me on edge because divisional games always seem to throw a monkey wrench into our game but guys I got to be honest. I have such a good feeling I can't even put it into words and I love words.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That was the best analysis ever of this up coming game.

Beats ESPN and every other media outlet, to let us not forget, this is a big game.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Vikings are gonna get picked apart by Rodgers and the boys this week, I don't care if Jarad Allen is leading the league in sacks he wont make a difference this game don't get me wrong he's a great player I respect him but with the lack of coverage Aaron will already have the ball out before Allen even has a chance to sack him, he gets 2 sacks at most. on the other side of the ball Matthews is gonna have an explosive game, Ponder is gonna have a long day throwing 2 INT. Rodgers will get another hat trick with the Packers 35-13 victory!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
It's always possible for the Vikings to pull of the upset on the Packers it's happened many times before, the Packers can be beat any given time if it's under the right circumstances but with Aaron Rodgers coming in as hot as he's been I just don't see the Packers losing especially with the Vikings starting a rookie quarter back in Ponder.
As long as the Packers stay hungry in this game and close they will walk away with the Win. 35-13

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Minnesota always plays us harder in their little world of the dome.

Look for Adrian Peterson to get 30 or more carries. I look for them to really try and run us down with him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just played them on Madden, and they were getting bogus play after bogus play, 4 fumbles lost and the defense giving up every lofted ball.

For what's worth Rodgers led a game-winning drive, and with the FG good, we won 27-24 so... ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Their OL is pathetic in every aspect.

But they're a big OL. We tend to struggle with big OLs, as the only speed rusher we have is Matthews, the other guys just bullrush most of the time...

Is Charlie Johnson still starting for them? He was on the Colts. He is not too big and has sucked for the Vikings I heard.

Well, even if this game is close the Pack will win. Nobody can always expect fireworks against a division rival with a new QB.

Don't see the Packers losing this game though heading into a bye.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I be a little cockier, but I remember when Josh Freeman started his first game for Tampa.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I didn't have a choice but I see a 10 point win for the Pack. I'm going 31-21 champs. I'd love to see a blowout but my feeling is this will be the coming-out party for Ponder. No chance at all the Pack overlooks this game and they win for certain but not easily.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm looking for Peterson to have a pretty big game seeing as how the Packers run D as been struggling just a bit.

But I think the Packers will hold strong with a 35-17 win
I don't see Peterson having a big day. The Packers don't struggle with the run. When they want to stop it they can. It's if Ponder can get anything going in the air... that will open up the run.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The poll options don't quite add up, but I think it's a blowout win for the Packers. McCarthy has had his "7 days to 7-0" slogan for the week, and I think the Packers will be fired up to demolish the Vikings heading into the bye week. The only high point for the Vikings will be about 4 sacks, but most of them will come on Packers TD drives, of which there will be many.

Members online

Latest posts