Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Seahawks 8/21: WIN 27 - 24

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Wow, nice pick by Havner. This boy a beast on both sides of the ball!

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice run's by jackson. made a really nice cut on that first one. harrell didnt look to bad throwin the ball either. also like kuhn taking some snaps back their at halfback.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have got to say that I love seeing huskers playing well for green bay.... I am a husker fan first and foremost, so seeing this is a real win win for me.. Hope jackson can keep up the work and stay 2nd string

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Good Job Shields.

Hes a good player. But not getting the Job for Kick Return

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Things I noticed:
-Aaron Rodgers is the second coming of Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ does he look good.

-Mason looked real good tonight. Should please GBP. Hit from 51 and was consistently putting kickoffs in the end zone.

-BJax looked good when he got in with the scrubs. I still don't like him all that much when playing against starters, but he showed some flash of potential on that possession.

-Spencer Havner picking off a pass was cool. Versatility thy name is Spencer.

-Shields is going to need some luck or an electric final 2 to make this team.

-Brandon Underwood doesn't look very good. Catch after catch after catch.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Seattle tore our #1 D apart. Granted they were playing without Woodson, Barnett, and Hawk, but still.

Flynn looked good one half and pretty bad the next half.

Shields decided he just didn't feel like catching a kickoff and let it bounce in front of him. Seattle recovered.

Jarrett Bush is still a lost cause.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmmm

Seattle tore our #1 D apart. Granted they were playing without Woodson, Barnett, and Hawk, but still.

If the main guys aren't there im not too concerned.

Flynn looked good one half and pretty bad the next half.

If Flynn see's playing time in the regular season were prolly screwed just because we wont have A-Rod.

Shields decided he just didn't feel like catching a kickoff and let it bounce in front of him. Seattle recovered.

Doubt he makes the team.

Jarrett Bush is still a lost cause.

I think it will stay like that until he gets his act together.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sheilds is a hell of alot better than bush, he is just no return man, i dont know why they are pushing for this kid to return. he is a very solid corner. underwood did look bad but granted this is his first REAL game expirence against a pro bowl reciever. TJ housyourmama is a tough matchup for any corner in the league. this was a great learning expirence for our young defense with all of the starters out (except for collins pretty much) to go against a legit number 1 offense. they will only get better.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derrick Martin was ejected for punching Seahawks CB Kennard Cox :\

The Packers had seven starters inactive -- six on defense. Aside from injuries to Clay Matthews, Al Harris, Atari Bigby and Nick Barnett, among others, Green Bay rested veterans Charles Woodson and Donald Driver.

If it makes you feel any better about the D that's how many of our starters rested ;P

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things I noticed:
-Aaron Rodgers is the second coming of Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ does he look good.

-Mason looked real good tonight. Should please GBP. Hit from 51 and was consistently putting kickoffs in the end zone.

-BJax looked good when he got in with the scrubs. I still don't like him all that much when playing against starters, but he showed some flash of potential on that possession.

-Spencer Havner picking off a pass was cool. Versatility thy name is Spencer.

-Shields is going to need some luck or an electric final 2 to make this team.

-Brandon Underwood doesn't look very good. Catch after catch after catch.

Mason kicked from 51 yards :D

I want a video but nfl.com dont have 1 :(

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got back from DisneyWorld last night in time for the game:
From our good friends at the JS.
I personally went to bed at halftime so I have no insight to anything in half #2.
I agree that Underwood was toasted often. He should be a nice tall match-up for TJ.

Wow, Mark Sanchez was 5-10 for 13 total yards last night.

Seattle - A few things out here on the Left Coast:

• The only injuries during the game were WR Brett Swain (wind knocked out) and RB Quinn Porter (ankle). Swain returned, said he was fine.
MIKE MCCARTHY

• Overall: "I thought the start was what we were looking for. On defense we were able to play a number of new guys, especially in the first half. So we had some production there. On special teams, we wanted to lay our whole roster throughout to see the depth chart, so we accomplished that...We need to take care of the football. We need to do a better job of that and taking it away. We also need to make sure we're winning the battle of field position."
  • On Aaron Rodgers: "I think he has been excellent. He has been sharp and has been doing all the little things that are necessary to continue to spread the ball around and give our offense good looks. He is doing an excellent job."
  • On Derrick Martin getting ejected: "Frankly I haven't seen the film. I'm not going to be critical of Derrick. I was upset about some things at halftime that had gone on. I want to see the film. I heard he punched a player from the Seahawks, so that's why he was ejected."
***Seahawks CB Kennard Cox confirmed after the game that Martin did punch him, but Cox didn't have a problem with it. "He pulled my dreads and then he pulled my facemask and then he punched me in the stomach. Anything to stop me from going down field. But it was OK. I'm good with it. It's football."

• On what McCarthy told his team: "Hurry up, drink some water, let's get on the plane. We have a long ride home. We have a number of things that we will correct as a football team on Monday. We have a short week, we play on Thursday. I'm more concerned on how we bounce back from this game out here on the west coast."
AARON RODGERS

• "I think we did some good things on offense. We're a talented group. Two possessions, two scores - you've got to be happy with that. Our biggest thing is getting into a rhythm. We did a good job with that. Play-calling was very good as far as getting us into manageable situations on third downs. We're tough to stop when that's happening."
  • Our line has done a great job. It starts with those guys up front. They're protecting well, and we're able to move the pocket a little bit and run the ball effectively when we have to. It's going to keep a defense guessing."
  • On Finley: "He's got great hands. I was telling someone on the sideline, he's starting to get me trained. He's training me to throw him the ball. He understands the scheme now, and he really runs the details of his routes. If he gets any separation, he's going to catch the ball."
  • "I graded out probably at the highest I've ever graded out last week. That just means the way I'm seeing the game is how I want to be going into the season. The checks I'm making at the line of scrimmage are the correct checks. I'm getting us in good situations, and accuracy-wise I'm throwing the ball pretty well. But it really starts up front. Those guys give me time, we're tough to stop."
JARRETT BUSH

• One his back-to-back penalties: "They said it was helmet to helmet. My shoulder kind of hurts so bad. It's their judgement on that. It's a new rule in the NFL. I had another one called they said it was pass interference. There again, it's a judgement call. So it's one of those deals where you've got to keep up and play again."

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this from our good brother Kareem the dream Copeland at the GBPG:

The Green Bay Packers finished its 27-24 exhibition win over Seattle around midnight central standard time.
So what did we learn from the game?
The No. 1 offense is good: Really good. QB Aaron Rodgers came out gunning and went 8-for-11 with 116 yards and two touchdowns. The first play of the game was a 56-yard deep ball to Greg Jennings. The passing game has been efficient for both exhibition games. Jermichael Finley continued to shine with four catches for 48 yards and a touchdown. He was too big for cornerbacks and ran past linebackers.
The No. 1 unit was scheduled to play 20 snaps, but coach Mike McCarthy said he was happy with the production after 18 plays.
“Two possessions, two scores,” Rodgers said. “Gotta be happy with that. Our biggest thing is getting in a rhythm. … We’re tough to stop when that’s happening.”
“We have a lot of playmakers. Even without (Driver) tonight. The line has done a great job.”
“(Finley has) trained me to throw him the ball in certain situations. He really understands the scheme now. … He’s tough to stop.”
The defense needs its starters: CB Charles Woodson, ILB Nick Barnett, ILB A.J. Hawk, OLB Brad Jones and OLB Clay Matthewsf all sat out. It showed early. Brandon Underwood started and struggled. Jarrett Bush had a rough outing. Derrick Martin was kicked out of the game for punching a player during a punt return.
Matt Hasselbeck was 11-for-15 with 127 yards and a touchdown.
Sam Shields and Spencer Havner did have interceptions of Charlie Whitehurst.
“I thought there was a lot of positive film,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “Defensively was able to play a lot of new guys.”
Banged up: The Packers made it through fairly healthy Saturday, but a one of two injuries came at a thin position. WR Brett Swain had the wind knocked out of him, but returned. Undrafted rookie RB Quinn Porter suffered an ankle sprain and did not return. That left Brandon Jackson and FB John Kuhn running the ball in the fourth quarter. The position is already hurting with Kregg Lumpkin (hamstring) and sixth-round draft pick James Starks (hamstring) out.
Special teams not so special: Undrafted rookie Sam Shields dropped a kickoff this week and lost a fumble for the second consecutive week. The team was pinned inside its own 5-yard line twice on Jon Bryan punts. Oh, and there were the penalties.
(Yes, the former Packers punter Bryan. And yes, the Packers are still searching for its punter.)
Seattle put up kickoff returns of 24, 27 and 37 yards.
Mason Crosby was the star of the unit with field goals of 34 and 51 yards.
In the end: McCarthy had these words – “Anytime you win a football game, it’s a positive for your football team.”

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is getting on my nerves. 2 flags in a row

Every time I turned around.........Jarrett Bush was doing something wrong. He stood there like a moron during one of the kicks when he was on special teams. I was like .........hey *******.........get the dude with the ball. When their was somekind of breakdown........their was J Bush. They should have cut him after the game and made his *** walk home.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Even though Shields had a fumble on kick return. Atleast the kid is trying. And he made up for it with a INT later on.

Bush why is he still on the team. He needs to get with the program.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the D that is playing now is 2nd and 3rd string guys

Even our 1st string looked bad. Wide open holes for recievers to just step in. And that long kick return was definitely looking just like last year. I mean I know its only the 2nd game of pre-season but I hope they can get back on track soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts