Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Harris does a nice job in coverage and is always around the ball....Jim Leonard is a big man in a small body....the height diff. might be a problem...but his athleticism makes up for it

One the most underated players in the NFL. I expect Cro & Revis to play well, which means our LBs & safetys will have to play well in coverage.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Revis can be beat.....but just look at last season (yes I know it was last season)...but every team said week after week that Revis was good but he didnt cover our guy.....only to have their guy shut down. Jennings is an excellent receiver possibly being covered by an excellent CB

Revis has been far from what he was last sesaon. Same with Woodson.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...you nailed it...we are a classless bunch.....gee...you would think that we came here and insulted you by callng you classless
Oh gee.
I'm sorry.
My mistake.
I should have rolled out the red carpet for you guys (NY Jets fans) and given you the royal treatment because your gawd damn Jets fans.
Especially when you come over to an opposing teams board and criticize that team while chest thumping and bragging about how great your own team is.

Point me out where I'm wrong.
All I read in the Jets fans posts was "You Packers have so-and-so and he's good but we have what's-his-face and he's better!"

If the tables were turned and the Packers were the team with a winning record I wouldn't be going onto Jets forums to rub that in their faces.

We already know what we're up against.
We don't need Captain Obvious and his team to point it out to us.
Sheesh. Give us a break, will ya?
Oh wait.
You ain't gonna do that if your New Yawkas are you?
With your reputation for being rude and obnoxious.

Fuerue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack, yet another Jets fan come to wish you guys luck this week. I expect a hard fought game that will come down to the team that plays well in all three phases for all four quarters. Both teams have shown plenty of weaknesses and have been rather underwhelming pulling out victories that could have gone either way, and in some cases maybe should have gone the other way. Luckily for us, we managed to be on the right side of the lucky bounce most times. This game and the Pitt game are the two games I was looking forward to the least as far as our chances. Pack is playing inspired football in light of its injuries, and I expect we will have our hands full this week.

Forget Favre, why the heck are you so angry? I imagine most folks come to opponents boards not to chest thump, but to talk football and get opinions from people who have more insight to the opponent. That is pretty much the nature of football message boards. You must expect to see alot more Jets fans since we really don't play each other very often. I truly hope your day gets better.

Anyway, when do you guys think Rodgers will finally have his breakout game? I truly hope it isn't this week, but the guy is capable of anything. I picked him as my starter on my fantasy team, but he has struggled some this year.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh gee.
I'm sorry.
My mistake.
I should have rolled out the red carpet for you guys (NY Jets fans) and given you the royal treatment because your gawd damn Jets fans.
Especially when you come over to an opposing teams board and criticize that team while chest thumping and bragging about how great your own team is.

All I read in the Jets fans posts was "You Packers have so-and-so and he's good but we have what's-his-face and he's better!"

If the tables were turned and the Packers were the team with a winning record I wouldn't be going onto Jets forums to rub that in their faces.

Oh wait.

hahahahahahahaha...where have I been rude or obnoxious ? When fans of opposing teams play each other, and both are respectable teams...wouldn't all fans give props to the other team but follow it up with reasons they think their team will win? I'm not looking for your red carpet and I don't see where I criticized the Packers. I have also thrown my criticisms out about the Jets......so fel free to continue on your soap box about how the New Yawkas (very original) are infiltrating "your board"

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh gee.
I'm sorry.
My mistake.

Oh wait.

Uhhhh, what? Where has any Jet fan on here thumped their chest or rubbed anything in anybodys face? The vast majority of Jet's fans that come on other boards are there to talk football and the upcoming game. Nobody here has been rude or obnoxious. And why are you the only Packer fan on here talkin trash? Why are you the only one who's posts have nothing to do with football? And why aren't there any Packer fans coming to your defense?

My guess is that you don't go to other forums because you can't stand hearing an opinion that differs from your own.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Uhhhh, what? Where has any Jet fan on here thumped their chest or rubbed anything in anybodys face? The vast majority of Jet's fans that come on other boards are there to talk football and the upcoming game. Nobody here has been rude or obnoxious. And why are you the only Packer fan on here talkin trash? Why are you the only one who's posts have nothing to do with football? And why aren't there any Packer fans coming to your defense?

My guess is that you don't go to other forums because you can't stand hearing an opinion that differs from your own.

Yeah, I thought the Jets fans here have been pretty decent compared to some other fans we've had here. Heck, I'm a Packers fan and I probably mentioned stronger things in favor of the Jets this weekend than the Jets fans have noted.

Although RS has given me pause to think the game might not be as bad as I'm predicting. If he's wrong about our secondary, though, I think he owes me a beer!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Maybe everyone would be much less hostile if you stopped generalizing experiences with a single fan to an entire fan base.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the Jets fans here have been pretty decent compared to some other fans we've had here. Heck, I'm a Packers fan and I probably mentioned stronger things in favor of the Jets this weekend than the Jets fans have noted.

Although RS has given me pause to think the game might not be as bad as I'm predicting. If he's wrong about our secondary, though, I think he owes me a beer!

The Jets forum...along with every other forum, has its share of trolls just looking to start crap. But I like when opposing fans go to the Jets forum to talk football and a little smack

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does seem unusual, that we have 3 friendly posters from the Jets camp here now,,,we shall see if they remain decent till game time :)

Back to topic "bozo"

Here's my take. I had a LOT of doubt last Sunday vs. the Vikes, but this team showed me a lot about their character...playing with a ton of injuries, yet had some young guys come in & fill the gaps pretty well. OL kept A-Rod upright, & the D made some great stops down the stretch. I'm starting to see a flickering light at the end of the tunnel.

The Pack CAN go into this game & steel a win IF:

We get Jenkins & Picket back to manage their run. If that happens, then our pass rush will disturb Sanchez, & throw a couple of picks.

AND, if Rodgers plays up to his pro-bowl ability (he looked more patient last Sunday). He can torch ANY D when he is on. I also think Jackson has sparked the running game, to help in play action passes.

I'm NOT bettin the farm on this one, but beatup as we are, I can see a hard fought win.

Crosby knocks down a long FG with seconds left!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It does seem unusual, that we have 3 friendly posters from the Jets camp here now,,,we shall see if they remain decent till game time :)

Back to topic "bozo"

Here's my take. I had a LOT of doubt last Sunday vs. the Vikes, but this team showed me a lot about their character...playing with a ton of injuries, yet had some young guys come in & fill the gaps pretty well. OL kept A-Rod upright, & the D made some great stops down the stretch. I'm starting to see a flickering light at the end of the tunnel.

The Pack CAN go into this game & steel a win IF:

We get Jenkins & Picket back to manage their run. If that happens, then our pass rush will disturb Sanchez, & throw a couple of picks.

AND, if Rodgers plays up to his pro-bowl ability (he looked more patient last Sunday). He can torch ANY D when he is on. I also think Jackson has sparked the running game, to help in play action passes.

I'm NOT bettin the farm on this one, but beatup as we are, I can see a hard fought win.

Crosby knocks down a long FG with seconds left!

Don't forget, our line is gonna need to hold up for ARod. The Jets have a good pass rush.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget, our line is gonna need to hold up for ARod. The Jets have a good pass rush.
Ya that too.

They did a great job against the Vikes...their a pretty good pass rushing team too.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Jets forum...along with every other forum, has its share of trolls just looking to start crap. But I like when opposing fans go to the Jets forum to talk football and a little smack

Those trolls you are talking about... do they happen to be Viking fans? :happy0005:

I welcome those of you who are Jets fans. I wish your team sucked, but it doesn't and this means that my team has to play extremely well to have a chance in your stadium. Cannot wait until game time. The fridge is already stocked with my favorite brew.

Also, here is something I am sure we can all agree on:

I hope the referees call a fair and balanced game while keeping their heads out of their behinds!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
#1 I dont expect the Pack to win, but I didnt expect them to win vs the Viks

#2 To the JETS fans here, you are welcomed and I didnt see anything wrong from you guys

#3 ForgetFavre tends to get emotional sometimes, dont hold him against us lol

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis having a huge impact? He wont even be the best cover corner in the stadium come sunday. tramon williams holds that honor. yes revis is one of the best, but THIS season, tramon is the best of the best, and he's doing it under the radar. he held randy moss (who he covered almost exclusively) to 30 yards receiving on 3 catches, and while favre is not brady, thats still saying alot comparing him to what we've seen this year. the TD he 'gave up' to moss was on the cheap little pick play harvin ran where he ran over woodson blocking tramons path.

Itll be a close game for sure, and it will come down to whose Dline can get to the QB more and whose QB can handle the pressure. And all bias aside, i like Aaron better in this regard because he will have more good options to hit and has more experience than Sanchez. Sanchez will have LT to dump it off to though, who is always dangerous.

For all the Press the jets secondary gets, who do you have at your 3rd and 4th corners? because the packers have james jones and jordy nelson at 3 and 4, who on many other teams in the NFL could be #1 and #2 receivers. Except for the Pats i dont think the jets face a team with as deep and talented of a receiving corps, and the Pats run a different system than us, so it will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays into it.

The Packers secondary, if they activate harris and bigby, is probably the deepest secondary in the league, and perhaps the best with how williams and collins are playing. Our problems thus far have been the stupid zone scheme and the loss of our ILBs to injury leaving the soft spot over the middle even softer. Bishop and Hawk stepped up last game but have been lacking.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those trolls you are talking about... do they happen to be Viking fans? :happy0005:

I welcome those of you who are Jets fans. I wish your team sucked, but it doesn't and this means that my team has to play extremely well to have a chance in your stadium. Cannot wait until game time. The fridge is already stocked with my favorite brew.

I hope the referees call a fair and balanced game while keeping their heads out of their behinds!

Not really Vikes fans....Dolpin fans are friggin HORRIBLE....as are SD and Cinc fans

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1 I dont expect the Pack to win, but I didnt expect them to win vs the Viks

#2 To the JETS fans here, you are welcomed and I didnt see anything wrong from you guys

#3 ForgetFavre tends to get emotional sometimes, dont hold him against us lol

It's all good......The Jets didnt deserve to win vs. Denver either....they played awful and got real fortunate

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually...the Jets pass rush is better on blitzes...but in regular rush situations...they are not that productive and they really could use a strong DE

Mezzavo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So far this season...never have TRUER words been spoken! I think the Ref's should have a 6 game expanded pre-season because so far they've been poo! Maybe they can ref a couple of Arena league games to get up to speed!

I am looking forward to this game quite a bit. Coming off the bye last year the Jets really stunk up the joint for a couple weeks...I'll be interested to see just how focused they are this year...Anyone heard yet who the Pack are starting? I heard they signed a couple players...who's going in the secondary? Probably too early to tell as most teams do not let their hand "show" until Friday when it's mandatory for the injury report. I THINK, other than the possibility of Westerman not playing, the Jets are at FULL strength. We shall see...

And to comment on some of the posts about we Jets fans...I never did understand how another fan can go to another teams board only to Troll...disrespectful etc... Heck, the good natured bantering is what half the game is all about. Why have Fans if they can't debate. But I feel you on Trolls...go to the Jets board the week of a Dolphins or Pats game...oh they are out in full force! Good luck this weekend...you're gonna need it. <---------- had to get a lil' shot in there. ;) he he he he he:Heristical:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far this season...never have TRUER words been spoken! I think the Ref's should have a 6 game expanded pre-season because so far they've been poo! Maybe they can ref a couple of Arena league games to get up to speed!

I am looking forward to this game quite a bit. Coming off the bye last year the Jets really stunk up the joint for a couple weeks...I'll be interested to see just how focused they are this year...Anyone heard yet who the Pack are starting? I heard they signed a couple players...who's going in the secondary? Probably too early to tell as most teams do not let their hand "show" until Friday when it's mandatory for the injury report. I THINK, other than the possibility of Westerman not playing, the Jets are at FULL strength. We shall see...

And to comment on some of the posts about we Jets fans...I never did understand how another fan can go to another teams board only to Troll...disrespectful etc... Heck, the good natured bantering is what half the game is all about. Why have Fans if they can't debate. But I feel you on Trolls...go to the Jets board the week of a Dolphins or Pats game...oh they are out in full force! Good luck this weekend...you're gonna need it. <---------- had to get a lil' shot in there. ;) he he he he he:Heristical:
It's all good.

My policy is, you are guests. That doesn't mean you can't trash talk, that doesn't mean you won't defend your colors.

But be polite, like all you Jets fans have been. Come here, introduce yourselves, start with some quality opinions.

THEN, if you want to trash talk, there's an area for it, where everything's valid, except namecalling and personal attacks..

BTW, to all Jets fans, our D isn't only CM3 and Woodson.

Here are 4 players you ought to take a look at:

1) Cullen Jenkins. He didn't play against the Vikes, but he's a monster. 4 sacks in 6 games played, having starting 3, and playing with a cast the whole time. FOR A 3-4 DE! Watch him.

2) Tramon Williams. Our poor man's Darrelle Revis. The tops a WR has achieved with him was Randy Moss last game, with 3 catches, 30 yards and a TD (where Woodson slipped and bumped Williams). That was the only TD he has allowed this season. I don't know why Capers doesn't put him against big guys and keeps on puttng Woodson. He has shut down DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Lee Evans. Then Capers put Woodson on Santana Moss and Brandon Marshal... Well, thanks God he got his senses back and put Williams on Moss. I expect him to cover Santonio Holmes.

3) Nick Collins. Well, you should know him. He is the best Safety the Packers had since LeRoy Butler. INCLUDING Darren Sharper. He was a bit of a gambler in 08, 09 he improved, and now he's a leader. He is hitting hard, tackling well, making plays and shutting down. A complete S.

4) Desmond Bishop. He has been Mr. August for the past 3 years, never getting playing time, and when he did, he got burned in coverage for his overly aggressive play. Well, with the loss of Barnett, someone had to step up. It was this guy. He is playing as good as, if not better, than Barnett. He hits hard, he plugs the run well, and he has great hands. It was him who returned the pick 6 last game.

So, what do you say, Jets fans? Who are the unsung heros you guys have that we Packers fans may not know of?

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2) Tramon Williams. Our poor man's Darrelle Revis. The tops a WR has achieved with him was Randy Moss last game, with 3 catches, 30 yards and a TD (where Woodson slipped and bumped Williams). That was the only TD he has allowed this season. I don't know why Capers doesn't put him against big guys and keeps on puttng Woodson. He has shut down DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Lee Evans. Then Capers put Woodson on Santana Moss and Brandon Marshal... Well, thanks God he got his senses back and put Williams on Moss. I expect him to cover Santonio Holmes.

Way to throw him under the bus...then pick him back up from under it. Poor Man's Revis? Puhleez. the man has been outplaying revis at every juncture this year, and is on par if not better than revis was last year.

Members online

Latest posts