Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Falcons - 1/15: WIN 48 - 21

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the Packers have to do is stop Turner, point blank. Our secondary is good enough to stop Rodey White and Tony Gonzalez. And the Falcons defense is not stable enough to stop A-Rod and quite possibly the running of Jame Starks. It seems like the Falcons have a 1-2 punch on offense, and if we can take out Turner out of the equation, we very well have a good shot at winning the game.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i am very worried. Atlanta is a very good team, and the Packers having to play in Atlanta does not help our chances.

We all know that if this Packers team plays to their capabilities they can win, but they have very rarely done that.

i feel to win this game the Packers have to make very few, if any, mistakes. turnovers, penalties, etc.

im not sold that Starks is our savior to the run game, especially when looking at how badly Atlanta shut down our run game the first meeting. Plus i doubt the Eagles studied as much film on Starks as the Falcons are going to.

idk. i feel like this game is pretty even overall. but i just have the feeling we come up on the short end of the stick this game. I like the Falcons by 3, and there is zero shame in losing to them. it'll be a good game too.

If that is the way you feel, OK, but thanks for raising our spirits...bummer.

animalmother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess no one else here is as worried about the Falcons as I am since they have a better winning record than the Pack and they do very well at home and this is a home game for them and the Pack lost to them a few weeks ago.

None of that is relevant to the game this weekend, except for the crowd noise which I believe our o-line can overcome.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Four Horsemen: (Woodson, Clay, Tramon and Jenkins) will Ice their Matty. Have faith in the D. Aaron has got it on the other side. I worry for the Falcons offense more than their defense but I think our own D is more than a match for them.

Mr Ice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons are the 1 seed and the Packers are the 6 seed for a reason.

We won the first meeting, no reason to think the outcome would be any different this time around.

Falcons 27-17

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Good thing Turner has really been slowing down since he faced us. Also no RB in the league has as many carries as him.

Anyone know anything about their back ups?

this is what i was saying after we played them last time. that offense is solely 4 people and a decent line. they have literally nobody decent to backup or play as a solid #2 receiver

that offense goes like this. run with turner, medium pass to white or gonzalez. thats it. thats all they do. no explosive plays just the same ole plays. but nobody gets injured for them hence why they have been good this year. matty ice is a matty turd without white or turner

PackerBacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We won the first meeting, no reason to think the outcome would be any different this time around.

Falcons 27-17

Sun, Sep 19 - NE 14 @ NYJ 28

Mon, Dec 06 - NYJ 3 @ NE 45

Sun, Oct 03 - BAL 17 @ PIT 14

Thu, Dec 02 - PIT 13 @ BAL 10

Those are just the first 2 examples I could find this year. I'm sure there were more. I personally think it happens MORE than 1 team sweeping another team in the same year. The Packers already played and nearly beat the Falcons this year, even with bogus calls and really bad turnovers. Now we know what to expect, and I can bet that A-Rod was KILLING himself for that fumble in the redzone. He is going to be 100% focused for this game.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

Falcons 27-17

I got a little fun fact for you. Did you know that the number 1 seeds have won as many superbowls has the number 6 seed? And that is 1...2003 pats were the one seed and the 2005 steelers were the 6 seed. So being a high seed dosnt mean shat.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Kitten, I think ivo is correct here, the Falcons secondary is ranked as the #17th on pass defense. Not that anyone should give numbers like that too much worth, it does show that if Rodgers can throw the ball, it would only be McCarthy's play calling of run that could stop the pass for us.

And for homefield advantage, the Falcons beat the Packers in Green Bay and were the first to do it, Packers can beat the Falcons and show them they are vulnerable at home, just like the Saints this year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Falcons 27-17
Yes, to think that the outcome of a close, last minute FG because of ST blunder, game might change this time around is ridiculous...

Mr Ice, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't represent the overall Falcons fan, because if you do, you guys have the same football IQ as Colin Cowherd.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Falcons 27-17

You realize that score is a different outcome. Just sayin'.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else see the stat on NFL Network's Huddle: Road to Dallas, about the #1 vs #6 seeds over the past 6 or 7 years?

It looks like the #6 seed has won more often than lost.... Just saying.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats stats stats...

All that matters is what team can make the bigger plays on Saturday.

I personally like Williams, Matthews, Raji, Woodson, A-rod, Starks, Jennings, Driver, Jones over whoever Atlanta's got. I think the first match up, there was a lot more pressure than there is this week. The packers were still unsure whether or not they were going to get into the playoffs, but now they know they're in, they know how Atlanta tried to stop them, and they know that they can stand in the ring and go punch for punch with the Falcons.

REALLY looking forward to the game, I think its gonna be a classic

tundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were horrible in dome games with Brett. It should be a great game. We beat 3 good teams in a row, but remember we lost to Detroit. Anything can happen. If Cullen Jenkins has a good game, we win.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what I love about this upcoming game...is that the Falcon players are "upset" that they are not getting the media hype that the Packers are getting...like they have some chip on their shoulder...I FIND THAT LAUGHABLE! Who has a bigger chip on their shoulder other then us!!!??? You kidding me?! Falcons beat us (BARELY!) on a costly fumble and a penalty on special teams...you telling me that Rodgers and company doesn't have a freakin' chip on their shoulder?!?! ooooooh please! Rodgers of all people will bring his A-GAME and lit up that questionable defense...Rodgers will never give the Falcons an opportunity to feel they have a chance...I'm expecting a BIG if not GREAT game from Rodgers, coupled with a presence of a running attack, followed with a sprinkling of stinginess from our well coached and highly talented defense!!! LET'S GO GET'EM!!! GO PACK GO BABY!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
falcons are being the spoiled rich kids. they are #1 and they arent getting the attention they want.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and one more thing to add to the motivation of the Packers...anyone remember the Tony Gonzalez reception on 4th down that wasn't challenged...the one that he dropped, but the officials didn't see...remember? Packers are winning this game, we have a little payback coming their way!

Members online

Latest posts