Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Falcons - 1/15: WIN 48 - 21

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
IVO..your fast! I was thinking you were changing those links instead of posting new ones! :blush:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this week just going at turtle pace? This is like the slowest week ever come on Saturday hurry up and get here!!!

Seriously!! Turtle in wet concrete slow!!!

Molasses in Jan, in Lambeau slow....

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, I know your not in rio but wtf is going on down there by you? I am seeing crazy landslides

XLIV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck Packers!!!
All Saints fans are with you. Beat the dirty birds, bears, and patriots. A lot of us are coming next year- have always wanted to see Lambeau!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, I know your not in rio but wtf is going on down there by you? I am seeing crazy landslides
Every year is the same ******** thing. Last year it was even worse man.

It's a combination of things.
- We're in summer, and it rains a lot and very hard.
- Poor people disregard (or just don't know) urban policy, and build houses were it's forbidden, due to the landscape. To aggravate things, the city hall knows about this, but turns a blind eye.
- Those people have no clue to basic sanitation, so they consistantly throw trash on rivers and on the streets, and, again, in those places (vilas, slums if you will), garbage trucks don't go, and such. The state is absent in those places, due to drug traffic, which has calmed down significantly in rio, but also due to corruption and lazyness out of our politicians.

Well, add all those things, you got huge ammount of rain, you got a terrain that doesn't support any constructions in it with people living in it and you got trash on the streets, preventing the water to reach the sewers.

What you see are the consequences. This happens, with different degrees, every beggining of the year, both in Sao Paulo and in Rio, because of the geology of the southeaster reagion, and because of the overpopulation and lack of competent administration.

(sorry if I used wrong terms, my English doesn't extend to such specific topics)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year is the same ******** thing. Last year it was even worse man.

It's a combination of things.
- We're in summer, and it rains a lot and very hard.
- Poor people disregard (or just don't know) urban policy, and build houses were it's forbidden, due to the landscape. To aggravate things, the city hall knows about this, but turns a blind eye.
- Those people have no clue to basic sanitation, so they consistantly throw trash on rivers and on the streets, and, again, in those places (vilas, slums if you will), garbage trucks don't go, and such. The state is absent in those places, due to drug traffic, which has calmed down significantly in rio, but also due to corruption and lazyness out of our politicians.

Well, add all those things, you got huge ammount of rain, you got a terrain that doesn't support any constructions in it with people living in it and you got trash on the streets, preventing the water to reach the sewers.

What you see are the consequences. This happens, with different degrees, every beggining of the year, both in Sao Paulo and in Rio, because of the geology of the southeaster reagion, and because of the overpopulation and lack of competent administration.

(sorry if I used wrong terms, my English doesn't extend to such specific topics)

I always assumed you grew up speaking english, so never noticed anything different about terms you use.

Good to know about the landslides. It must be the talk of Brazil. For how big your country is, we dont get enough news about Brazil in the states. Female president, landslides, and soccer are all I think have heard in the past 12 months about your country from mainstream media.

Yeah back to Packer ftball. thanks for filling me in on the landslides.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess no one else here is as worried about the Falcons as I am since they have a better winning record than the Pack and they do very well at home and this is a home game for them and the Pack lost to them a few weeks ago.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess no one else here is as worried about the Falcons as I am since they have a better winning record than the Pack and they do very well at home and this is a home game for them and the Pack lost to them a few weeks ago.

i am very worried. Atlanta is a very good team, and the Packers having to play in Atlanta does not help our chances.

We all know that if this Packers team plays to their capabilities they can win, but they have very rarely done that.

i feel to win this game the Packers have to make very few, if any, mistakes. turnovers, penalties, etc.

im not sold that Starks is our savior to the run game, especially when looking at how badly Atlanta shut down our run game the first meeting. Plus i doubt the Eagles studied as much film on Starks as the Falcons are going to.

idk. i feel like this game is pretty even overall. but i just have the feeling we come up on the short end of the stick this game. I like the Falcons by 3, and there is zero shame in losing to them. it'll be a good game too.

trebby123

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post, do I get a prize?

1. Starks has that little bounce about him that good backs have. He comes close to the line, and just bounces his way to the hole. Plus, he catches the ball out of the backfield.

2. Matt Ryan shouldn't be "Matty Ice" until he wins at least 3 or 4, probably more playoff games. Congratulations, you win in the regular season. You get a ring for that?

3. I am very confident. If Rodgers has 1 or no turnovers then I think they win. Don't see the Falcons D playing well enough, and don't see their O to be able to keep up with us in a shootout.

Prediction: Packers 31, Falcons 21

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am very worried. Atlanta is a very good team, and the Packers having to play in Atlanta does not help our chances.

We all know that if this Packers team plays to their capabilities they can win, but they have very rarely done that.

i feel to win this game the Packers have to make very few, if any, mistakes. turnovers, penalties, etc.

im not sold that Starks is our savior to the run game, especially when looking at how badly Atlanta shut down our run game the first meeting. Plus i doubt the Eagles studied as much film on Starks as the Falcons are going to.

idk. i feel like this game is pretty even overall. but i just have the feeling we come up on the short end of the stick this game. I like the Falcons by 3, and there is zero shame in losing to them. it'll be a good game too.

You see as a fan, I don't want to have the thought process of, there's a really good chance of losing...I prefer to keep my head up and be proud of my team and expect their play to be of a championship caliber team...I can't wait for this match up, I expect my team to win! that's how I feel, so what they are at home, they can be beat there (we almost beat them there) so what they had 2 weeks off, I like our chances very much...if we lose so be it, I'm not going to praise the falcons for doing so...I just expect to beat them b/c I know the Packers can GO PACK GO!!!

Members online

Latest posts