Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a fired up Philly team on Sunday. Playing with a monster chip on their shoulders... Said that they're tired of all the "Green Bay will win" talk in the media. This Packers team seems to have the tendency to "Buy into the hype" when people start praising them and thinking they're better than they truly are.

This game is starting to worry me now. If Philly comes out all fired up and GB comes out thinking they are unstoppable, we will lose.

Who said this? If you watch TV, it seems like everyone on there is saying; "The Packers won't be able to contain Vick." Baldinger especially went into a long drawn out thing on how the Packers "have no answer for Vick".

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I don't put much stock in the Daily News. It's on a par with the National Enquirer in my book. But those other references are pretty cool. I'm glad someone is recognizing how good this Packer team really is. I looked up Baldinger's profile. He's an ex Eagle, so his take on the NFL network is obvious bias.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we come out ready to rip someone's head off. Pissed off and ready to fight. Angry. Relentless. Brutal.... And if we get up early, I hope we keep our foot pinned down on their throats, none of this backing off and playing conservative ****. Bury them.

That's what I hope.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in the Daily News. It's on a par with the National Enquirer in my book. But those other references are pretty cool. I'm glad someone is recognizing how good this Packer team really is. I looked up Baldinger's profile. He's an ex Eagle, so his take on the NFL network is obvious bias.

I wouldn't whip my dog's *** with the Daily News, LOL! Try the Courier Post or Philadelphia Inquirer. Also try local Philly news stations.

www.6abc.com My fave

or NBC Philadelphia - Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Events, Breaking News | NBC Philadelphia

Beware, you are just going to get blitzed with eagles this and Eagles that if you go there.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm starting to like this matchup more and more. It's conspicuous the Packers went after Cutler with Woodson the week after the Vikings were killing Vick with CB blitzes. Even if we don't bring Woodson, you know Vick will be hesitating, looking for it. Now we have Walden spying and using the delayed blitz to kill him.
I don't know how they go after our D. Too much for their O to think about. Hesitation brings sacks.
I envision them keeping McCoy in to cover the blitzes more, which only goes to negate him more in the O.
I like our changes here and throughout the playoffs.
I know the media like us, but I like us even more.

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How were the past 2 games meaningless? If they had won both of them they would have ended up as the #2 seed...

And the Chicago/Eagles game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Eagles had some garbage time yards/points at the end of that game.

The Giants game I'll give them 100% credit for. They put it on the Giants in the 4th quarter of that game.
It is very simple, if they had beaten the Vikings, the Bears would have still controlled their fate. Even Forrest Gump could figure that out.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very simple, if they had beaten the Vikings, the Bears would have still controlled their fate. Even Forrest Gump could figure that out.

And the Bears lost last week.... So again, what's your point?? I'm pretty sure that 12-4 is a better record than 11-5.

Apparently Forrest Gump couldn't figure it out, huh?

The last game against the Cowboys ended up being meaningless, yes, but they needed that Vikings game, it was anything but meaningless. If the Eagles organization and players didn't care about that game and felt that they had nothing to play for then they are idiots, which I don't think is the case. They knew what was on the line in that game. They just got beat.

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone here have the picture of the cooked turkey with the Eagles helmet? I remember seeing it here. :)

4thN26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure the Pack has time to prepare for Vick, but at the same time Vick has time to prepare for Matthews and Woodson. I think the Eagles are gonna come out like we have never seen before. Also Vick is %100 and well rested after his "Bye" week. Its going to be an even matchup. Packer fans are acting like Lombardi his self is going to walk out of the tunnel. Each team has its Achilles Heel

Also, how sick is the Tramon Williams vs DeSean Jackson matchup gonna be!?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Sure the Pack has time to prepare for Vick, but at the same time Vick has time to prepare for Matthews and Woodson. I think the Eagles are gonna come out like we have never seen before. Also Vick is %100 and well rested after his "Bye" week. Its going to be an even matchup. Packer fans are acting like Lombardi his self is going to walk out of the tunnel. Each team has its Achilles Heel

Same as week 1 if not worse for desean, first game was 4 receptions for 30 yards 0 td's n a fumble....

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think we are saying this game is a gimme at all. We know it's going to be a stern test for us. Vick is tough to defend, very tough. It's no secret. You'll have those idiots on both sides of the argument that think that the other team has zero chance. I've read on the Eagles forums this week that the Packers will have no chance against the almighty Vick and that Vick more or less walks on water... So, both sides have "those" idiots.

The true football fans know it's going to be tough, both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. That's why they play the game.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same as week 1 if not worse for desean, first game was 4 receptions for 30 yards 0 td's n a fumble....

I'd love to see this actually happen, but it only takes one play and Tramon could be torched for a 90 yard TD. That's why Desean is so dangerous. He can take one play for a TD better than almost anyone in the NFL. Gotta respect the matchup.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I'd love to see this actually happen, but it only takes one play and Tramon could be torched for a 90 yard TD. That's why Desean is so dangerous. He can take one play for a TD better than almost anyone in the NFL. Gotta respect the matchup.

I don't think he wll get that as a wr but as a pr or a kr that's where I get really afraid of him for this game.

4thN26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we are saying this game is a gimme at all. We know it's going to be a stern test for us. Vick is tough to defend, very tough. It's no secret. You'll have those idiots on both sides of the argument that think that the other team has zero chance. I've read on the Eagles forums this week that the Packers will have no chance against the almighty Vick and that Vick more or less walks on water... So, both sides have "those" idiots.

The true football fans know it's going to be tough, both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. That's why they play the game.

Agreed. Hence the reason im an Eagles fan on a Packers forum. Majority of Eagles fans love there team but talk out of their ***. Pack fans have a bit more class. Not much tho lol. Cant wait for this epic game tho!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DID YOU KNOW:

As heard on Mike & Mike this morning, the Packers have never once trailed in any game by more than 7 points this season, at any point in any game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hope Shields isn't covering DeSean, there is a diaster waiting to happen if it does. Also the Eagles have proved taht they can catch up from behind, something the Pack has a hard time doing, so I hope the Packers can play all 4 quarters.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Hope Shields isn't covering DeSean, there is a diaster waiting to happen if it does. Also the Eagles have proved taht they can catch up from behind, something the Pack has a hard time doing, so I hope the Packers can play all 4 quarters.

Oh we can catch up. We've done that in quite a few games this year. We just can't give it away, like we usually do one way or another (ST).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Hence the reason im an Eagles fan on a Packers forum. Majority of Eagles fans love there team but talk out of their ***. Pack fans have a bit more class. Not much tho lol. Cant wait for this epic game tho!

The Eagles have a very good team, I make no mistake about that. If Vick plays as he did in the Skins game or even the 4th qtr of the Giants game, the Packers are going to have their hands full. But also keep in mind that the Packers are NOT the Skins or the Giants. I think when you place the elite weapons of each team against each other, we are going to have one very explosive game. As I've said, and being from Philly I can't ignore it, Packer fan or not, the Eagles have an awesome team this year and you should be very proud of them. The one thing I question is your D. I'm not saying it sucks, not at all, but I don't trust it. Also, what is going to happen if something happens to Vick? Pack has a similar problem with Aaron, but I'd trust Flynn over Kolb. I have 100% faith in the Packers D, and we will need them as you have some impressive offensive weapons. Not just Vick, D Jackson, McCoy to name a few.

Good luck in the game, it's gonna be a good one for sure!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my friend just told me that too. Too bad we struggle to close out games. Hopefully we can turn that around, we have the talent thats for sure.

Eagles1220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't mess with the EAGLE!!!

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 243

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DID YOU KNOW:

As heard on Mike & Mike this morning, the Packers have never once trailed in any game by more than 7 points this season, at any point in any game.

That actually makes me a little sick... We HAVE GOT TO figure out how to win these close games. We just have to.

I also heard on Mike and Mike that the average margin of loss for the Packers this season...3.3 points. I want to throw up. How good could we have been if not for injuries? Grant and Finley are easily worth 3.3 points a game. Ugh.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't want to say that I trust Shields to cover Desean and shut him down, because the second I do, he'll get torched.

So I'll say this, Shields has surprised me with his play thus far this year, so...

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Bears lost last week.... So again, what's your point?? I'm pretty sure that 12-4 is a better record than 11-5.

Apparently Forrest Gump couldn't figure it out, huh?

The last game against the Cowboys ended up being meaningless, yes, but they needed that Vikings game, it was anything but meaningless. If the Eagles organization and players didn't care about that game and felt that they had nothing to play for then they are idiots, which I don't think is the case. They knew what was on the line in that game. They just got beat.
If the Eagles had beaten the Vikings the Packers-Bears game would have taken on a whole new meaning for the Bears . . . with who knows what outcome. Y'all might be looking from the outside-in. Be thankful for small favors.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
If the Eagles had beaten the Vikings the Packers-Bears game would have taken on a whole new meaning for the Bears . . . with who knows what outcome. Y'all might be looking from the outside-in. Be thankful for small favors.

What small favors are you talking about? The fact Matthews knocked out kolb and then the almighty Vick came in to lead you to the playoffs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts