Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Starks has been very impressive in limited action. He reminds me of Ryan Grant. I hope he has established himself as the #1 back for the remainder of the postseason. Brandon Jackson can be demoted to his ideal role, third down back.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
I offer my congratulations to the Packers and their fans on their hard fought victory today! That was an exciting game right down to the end. Kitten, what you said about Philly being treacherous... you have no idea. Had the opportunity to go to an Eagles-Cowboys game back in '01 and the fans there are as rude as they come. Tailgating? Yes, they tailgated and when Cowboy fans with a child walked by (they were minding their own business and just making their way to the stadium) a couple of the Eagles fan walked over and started screaming at them and scared the hell out of the child. The other Eagle tailgaters were laughing.

I've tailgated at Vikings (of course), 49ers, Raiders (seriously! lol), Rams, Bears and a few Packers games in my lifetime and they always treated me and my family, as well as the opposing teams fans, with respect and were quite friendly. Shared a beer and some brats. Eagles fans? Flat out awful.

Again, grats to you and it would be rather funny if you ended up beating the Falcons, Seahawks then the Ravens in the playoffs. All you need are some mashed potatoes, gravy and some stuffing to top off a Super Bowl victory!

~Val

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I offer my congratulations to the Packers and their fans on their hard fought victory today! That was an exciting game right down to the end. Kitten, what you said about Philly being treacherous... you have no idea. Had the opportunity to go to an Eagles-Cowboys game back in '01 and the fans there are as rude as they come. Tailgating? Yes, they tailgated and when Cowboy fans with a child walked by (they were minding their own business and just making their way to the stadium) a couple of the Eagles fan walked over and started screaming at them and scared the hell out of the child. The other Eagle tailgaters were laughing.

I've tailgated at Vikings (of course), 49ers, Raiders (seriously! lol), Rams, Bears and a few Packers games in my lifetime and they always treated me and my family, as well as the opposing teams fans, with respect and were quite friendly. Shared a beer and some brats. Eagles fans? Flat out awful.

Again, grats to you and it would be rather funny if you ended up beating the Falcons, Seahawks then the Ravens in the playoffs. All you need are some mashed potatoes, gravy and some stuffing to top off a Super Bowl victory!

~Val

Im starting to like you on here. Not sure how I feel about enjoying a vikings fans posts

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Im starting to like you on here. Not sure how I feel about enjoying a vikings fans posts
I was thinking this as I read another one of his posts earlier today. I'm cool with it. I like discussing other teams with reasonable fans. It's the as****** who foster the rivalry.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great game today! Dom Capers looks like a genius. Very smart to put Sam Shields on Jackson, matching speed with speed. I also liked the way Capers blitzed Vick, using different linebackers and defensive backs.

James Starks looked great today. Aaron Rodgers played an amazing game, limiting turnovers.

The only bad part was James Jones. That drop at the end of the second quarter could have cost GB the game. Rodgers could not have placed the ball any better.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! The Eagles fans are blaming the loss on an "unknown" running back (Starks) that they didn't prepare for. Clay mauling Winston Justice, David Akers 2 missed FGs, Vick not running the ball as often as they should, Vick;s INT to end the game, and Aaron having way too much time to throw the ball.

I love the way they talk about the "unknown" running back!!! It's STARKS!!!!

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical trolls.
Probably back to their forums to cry, whine and moan amongst each other.
Saying how the refs blew bad calls and all that other garbage.
Complaining about the Pack and everything else but admitting that the Pack just simply outplayed their birds.
Not all . . .

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol that was so funny him getting benched, but tramon and shields i cant say enough how well they played against the philly speedy recievers. Man i was so amped and proud of how they played this game.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Thanks Ivo and Incubes! There are a few Packer/Bear/Lions fans on a couple of the Vikings sites that talk football and 'friendly' smack and they are knowledgeable when it comes to conversing about the game of football. I enjoy the conversations with them all. Then, like every fan site, you have the trolls that come on and are there to stir up trouble and foster ill-will. Those are the type of people who can't be reasoned with and you simply ban their I.P. address.

I just love talking football! Now I am waiting for my home state Oregon Ducks (Green and Gold lol!) to take it to Auburn tomorrow night! Glad to participate here and let you know, not all Viking fans are irrational twits. heheheheh

~Val

I was thinking this as I read another one of his posts earlier today. I'm cool with it. I like discussing other teams with reasonable fans. It's the as****** who foster the rivalry.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Ivo is a great guy, easy to agree with.

Packers did it, yes, didn't listen to me saying no nailbiters at the end, but they scraped a Playoff win. Sorry Philly fans, but thats all Vick wrote.

mattwill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! The Eagles fans are blaming the loss on an "unknown" running back (Starks) that they didn't prepare for. Clay mauling Winston Justice, David Akers 2 missed FGs, Vick not running the ball as often as they should, Vick;s INT to end the game, and Aaron having way too much time to throw the ball.

I love the way they talk about the "unknown" running back!!! It's STARKS!!!!
Starks wasn't unknown to anyone who pays attention to the Draft. He fell down everyone's Boards due to his Senior year injury. What we saw today is consistent with what he showed in college at Buffalo.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo is a great guy, easy to agree with.

Packers did it, yes, didn't listen to me saying no nailbiters at the end, but they scraped a Playoff win. Sorry Philly fans, but thats all Vick wrote.
aww your giving me warm fuzzys.

aaaaaaaand your creeped out lol

firehire

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was there no Jordy Nelson "love" during the game? I expected to at least get one thrown at him especially after the Dingo drop.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A random story that made me laugh during the game:

As i posted in the Shout-out Box (or whatever it's called), I watched the game at my girlfriend's Aunt and Uncle's house. Her cousin is an Eagles fan (got a decent dig in right away, he was wearing his McNabb jersey.."Oh, I didn't know you rooted for the Redskins!"), and her Uncle is a Vikings fan, so they were both cheering for the Eagles, or against the Packers...

Her Aunt doesn't follow football, and was making food for us throughout most of the game, but when she came down one time to check in on the game early in the second half (when Philly was making it close), she started up with some "Go Eagles! Who's their new quarterback again?" *told Mike Vick* "Ah, GO VICK!"

So I quip up with "You do know that he's the guy who killed all those dogs, right..."

"THAT WAS HIM!?!? OH I HATE HIM! What a bad man."

and that was the last time she said anything nice about the Eagles....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we loose this game tomorrow it will be due to MM **** poor play calling. But more than likely the killer for the Pack will be their weak running game. I hope they don't get a few inches of snow, or the ******* in Philly will shut everything down.

good thing the weak running game didnt hold us back

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Funny how the talking heads are saying GB is so dangerous now that we've found a running game. Well, more like a running back who looks for holes instead of running up the butt of the O-lineman in front of him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
:) As many you know, I come from a family of Eagles fans (yeah I know, I'm the only one with sense!) and all last week and during the game I had random family members calling me up to talk smack. Mainly bashing the Packers and saying how Vick is going to run all over us and how Aaron is no Favre. I countered them on every argument, nobody messes with my Packers. I kept singing to them my little chant, "Vick, Vick, you make me sick! I hope you throw a pick!" Catchy little tune if I do say so! ;) As you can imagine with that last play of the game, those phone calls ceased and desisted. So yeah, thanks, Vick for making my song a hit!!!

Members online

Latest posts