Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Chargers - 11/06

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm actually a Bolts fan from the Air Coryell days. Obviously not when they play the Packers. I love Bogart's fire about this game. I'm going to ride it through the victory. If anybody can post some game day photos showing Packer fans in attendance I'd appreciate it.
I once read an article that credited the Packers victory over San Diego in 2007 as the game that really launched MM's offensive philosophy going forward. Packers won 31-24 and we were not as good of a football team and they were a better football team. It was in Lambeau so that's the edge we lose but being so much better as a team I'm going 34-21 Pack.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm actually a Bolts fan from the Air Coryell days. Obviously not when they play the Packers. I love Bogart's fire about this game. I'm going to ride it through the victory. If anybody can post some game day photos showing Packer fans in attendance I'd appreciate it.
I once read an article that credited the Packers victory over San Diego in 2007 as the game that really launched MM's offensive philosophy going forward. Packers won 31-24 and we were not as good of a football team and they were a better football team. It was in Lambeau so that's the edge we lose but being so much better as a team I'm going 34-21 Pack.

Thank you, but I could be wrong. i was wrong about the Saints/Packers game big time, but I'll accept being wrong, as long as we win LOL.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I was thinking about it today and I think the only reason why we think we could lose this game is because we believe the Chargers are a good team, but I wouldn't rank them higher than the Pack, just a team that could take advantage of the Packers if they don't play all 4 quarters.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'd bet the Chargers fans aren't looking at this as a win. But yea, if the Bolts can keep from falling into playing poorly they have a chance. I just don't see it. The only way I see the Packers losing this game is losing the turnover battle.
In fact, that's the only way I see them losing this year at all. I don't think any team can outplay them for 4 quarters.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Let me ask you this after watching the Halloween game against a divisional opponent.

How much does San Diego really scare you now?

Trick or Treat?

Reaction score
Still, a home game versus the Super Bowl champions? That's gotta fire up a team. The Chargers still have first place in the AFC West on the line so they are going to be playing hard. The Pack just have to play smart all game long.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each week is a whole new game. Look at St. Louis vs New Orleans. It won't be easy playing them on the road even though I believe we are the favorite.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any given week in the NFL. . . The Packers are surely favorites and I think they'll win, but there are enough intangibles not to make this a sure thing. GB coming off a bye will help with the healing but will they come out flat? Will the CHargers get all revved up for this one and put together a good game?

Both are possible but I'm not too worried. Also, the game vs. KC in week 15 @KC is now looking much tougher.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing a team at their home that just got beaten in embarrassing fashion... makes me a little nervous. But if that stuff stays out of the game, I say we win handedly. They can put yards up which is why they have a highly ranked offense, but the fact is that points win the game. We're #1 in PPG with 32.9 and they're #15 with 23.

Additionally, our defense may give up a lot of yards, but we don't give up a lot of points. Even though our D is ranked #28 to their #6, we still give up 2.6 less PPG to the opposing offense (20.1 and 22.7).

As long as the Chargers' loss from last night doesn't provide a massive amount of fuel for them next week--I'd like to reiterate that they have 6 days to prepare and we have had 14--win win.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Playing a team at their home that just got beaten in embarrassing fashion... makes me a little nervous. But if that stuff stays out of the game, I say we win handedly. They can put yards up which is why they have a highly ranked offense, but the fact is that points win the game. We're #1 in PPG with 32.9 and they're #15 with 23.

Additionally, our defense may give up a lot of yards, but we don't give up a lot of points. Even though our D is ranked #28 to their #6, we still give up 2.6 less PPG to the opposing offense (20.1 and 22.7).

As long as the Chargers' loss from last night doesn't provide a massive amount of fuel for them next week--I'd like to reiterate that they have 6 days to prepare and we have had 14--win win.
Well they also said that the Chargers loss to the Jets last week was going to give them fire and that they would be playing lights out in KC that didnt turn out so hot.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they win this one 16-0 is looking much more likely. Go Pack.

After watching the Chargers blow their game last night at Kansas City I am more confident that the Packers will show up like they did at Chicago and Atlanta and against New Orleans and go to 8-0.

But a sterling performance this Sunday could set up for a trap game the next two weeks at Lambeau against Minnesota or Tampa Bay.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't think Divisional games nor Tampa Bay (again) would count as a trap game. Only thing rough this month is the games and the schedule.

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling a little more confident after watching the Chargers lose to the Chiefs?
I am confident no matter who the Packers play. I don't think how the Chargers looked against the Chiefs is indicative of how they will play against the Pack. They are tough to beat at home and they are going to be looking to bounce back from a couple of tough losses. What should worry the Chargers is the play of Rivers. He has thrown 11 picks and we all know the Packers' secondary always look for a pick so he best be careful.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't think their last game plays one bit of difference in this next game. Every single team the Packers face this season will be fired up and ready to roll and pull out all stops. For many teams, playing the Packers IS their Super Bowl this season.
Funny when you read opinions around the league of opposing fans. They all say they can beat the Packers because they have soft secondary and are giving up yards. Yep, you know the opposing team will put every single thing they have into the game against the champs.
A loss or victory the week before is not a factor. Home or away, the Packers are the best team in football and the Chargers will prepare for us the same whether they had won or lost. It isn't like they get a replay later.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be the Chargers are going into a decline. Or at least more of a decline than they were already on. Rivers is off his game this season. Something is not clicking over there and I hope the Packers take advantage of that and run up the freakin score sky freakin high.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I am confident no matter who the Packers play. I don't think how the Chargers looked against the Chiefs is indicative of how they will play against the Pack. They are tough to beat at home and they are going to be looking to bounce back from a couple of tough losses. What should worry the Chargers is the play of Rivers. He has thrown 11 picks and we all know the Packers' secondary always look for a pick so he best be careful.

No doubt this is gonna be a good game, I will look for Rivers and the Packers defense to be the deciding factors.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st) Woooo Chico, CA gets to see the Packers!!!

2nd) I see a Packers win, the score being 35-21. I think the bolts have some decent weapons that we may not pay attention to early.

Reaction score
I do think it's going to be very difficult for the Chargers' D to keep up with our O. I expect the Pack to start off slowly offensively but eventually Aaron will find his groove and the Chargers' D is not gonna like it when he does.

Members online

Latest posts