Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/3: WIN 33 - 7

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cards are gonna be another team when we see them next week. I'm expecting a dog fight, but playoff games tend to be close, especially when you get into the later rounds when the big dogs go after each other.

Which is exactly why i hope the pack will come in and play 60 minutes of football. So far our third quarter slump has somewhat been fixed but i hope it doesn't come back to bit us in the postseason. Also Mason Crosby has to make all of his kicks.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cards are gonna be another team when we see them next week. I'm expecting a dog fight, but playoff games tend to be close, especially when you get into the later rounds when the big dogs go after each other.

I would like to believe the Packers will take them apart again next week but I am just dreaming.

When Ken Whizenhut can get the team fired up to play he can come up with some pretty good schemes to counter your defense. He sure played the Steelers in the SB last year well. I think we can expect the same on Sunday.

dmoriarty1895

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the deal

I'm a Packer fan from New Jersey since 1966. I've seen every game on Direct TV since 1985 with the exception of 2 pre-corded games due to weddings. That said... They've improved this year on the offensive line since Tauscher came back and that's huge. 2. That improvement has coincided with Ryan Grant's improvement in Yard-per-carry, stat. That stat is debatable, he is not a great running back. We still need a stud at tailback and Ryan is not the man. Receiving corps. are great. Finley is emerging as a stud. But that makes the offense overly dependent upon the pass. We need to balance the run/pass game so we're not always passing on 2nd down. A running back who can rip one for 8-9 yards on 2nd and 2 would be welcome. Capers is awesome. His new 3-2 is great with his very effective LB Corps and that big, big athletic 3 down linemen upfront! Also, I have left out 2nd teams which are DISASTER! We need to have a field goal kicker who can be relied upon under 35 yards and coverage that can tackle returners upon 10 yards of reception! This special teams group has been a DISASTER! NOT TO MENTION PENALTIES!!! This last point is probably the most serious issue that I (and other fans) have not mentioned, but it should be front and center if we want to be successful going forward!!!

Next year we have to concentrate on DB's (Jarrett Bush is horrible) and Al Harris is a question mark (injury) , and probably past his prime.

Good LUCK Packers against ARIZONA in the Playoff GAME!!!!

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the turnover margin record that we broke was excellent same with the best run d in franchise history. But I have a feeling next week is about to be an entirely new experience compared to last.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year we have to concentrate on DB's (Jarrett Bush is horrible) and Al Harris is a question mark (injury) , and probably past his prime.

Check out Walter McFadden. He is a really talented corner from Auburn. I also like Javier Arenas whose playing for Alabama tonight. He is a little undersized though... But I really hope that the Pack takes a run at McFadden. He has a lot of heart.

Members online

Latest posts