Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/10: LOSE 51 - 45

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn... So close... We rallied after the worst start possible, one of the best kickers in the league misses an easy FG, we win the coin toss, and can't win the game... Damn...

And were was that ****** defense? Absolutely no coverage. I better not see Bush and Bell and Underwood next year...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here come the Favre jock strap sniffers. Rodgers played a great game. He made a mistake at the end, but he shouldnt have had to put up 46 points to win. Seriously, just pay attention to the Vikings and **** off.

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fortunatly I have other horses in this race, but I had a feeling we were gonna be showed up, the cardinals are deadly

Greenbaypackers77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refs were behind the cards all the way. I saw a lot of bs by the cards that did not get called. But the refs were quick to call on us

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball was already loose, so it wasn't a penalty.

At the end of the day, we played a good game (offensively), and did well to come back like we did. The fact of the matter is, we sucked BIG TIME on defense today. They didn't step up, it's as simple as that. Not one of them stepped up. They couldn't cover, they couldn't tackle, they couldn't rush Warner, and that's where we came unstuck today.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first time I hear an offense put up 45 points, the defense to allow as much, and it falls on the QB that had an amazing game, not a regular one, not a good game, and amazing game.

Perhaps the fact that the other qb had 5 tds and an 80% completion had something to do with the loss???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And BTW, helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers not called... It should've nullified the holding call...

It serves us right. Next time, we ought to be playing at home...

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look hate me for it you like, but i wouldn't be a packer fan if it were not for Favre. His amazing play made me a packer fan from the get go at age four.

Now do i like that he is a Viking? no, and i don't like the Vikes, but I like Favre too much to root against him, and with the pack out, i feel no guilt in rooting for him.

My other horse would the cowboys though as they are the hometown team. I'm not an Aaron rodgers hater, but i am a Favre hater hater.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now I know I can add this to the list of heartbreaking postseason losses by the packers I have seen since I've been a fan of the team

the list is now

1.young to Owens in 99
2. 4th and 26
3. Loss to the giants
4. This game

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball was already loose, so it wasn't a penalty.

At the end of the day, we played a good game (offensively), and did well to come back like we did. The fact of the matter is, we sucked BIG TIME on defense today. They didn't step up, it's as simple as that. Not one of them stepped up. They couldn't cover, they couldn't tackle, they couldn't rush Warner, and that's where we came unstuck today.

That makes no sense.

A facemask is a facemask i dont give a **** where the ball is. I think he may have grabbed his facemask before the ball came out, though i have to look at it again.

cecil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares about Favre?

We just lost a gut-wrenching playoff game.

So many small things that would've won it for us. Crosby not missing...Rodgers not overthrowing Jennings in OT.

cecil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this but flip 4th and 26 and the owens game. This is the 4th worst loss I've seen.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The officiating this year was just plain horrid in so many games it was not even funny. And as for who to root for next week, sorry, but I'll be rooting for Favre to smack the Cowboys. My hatred for that franchise goes beyond anything Favre could ever say or do to Green Bay.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. If this had been in Lambeau, different game probably. Which is why you play for home field. That Tampa Bay game hurts us again.

I'd say the Offense was there. Jesus our Defense was OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!! Good passing teams shredded it. Steelers and now the Cards. I think we have a heck of a Offense. D still needs a lot of work.

Still can't believe we lost. This one hurt.

F the refs for the NON call of helmet to helmet and face mask although I haven't gone back to watch it, just going by what others have said. Jesus Christ.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first time I hear an offense put up 45 points, the defense to allow as much, and it falls on the QB that had an amazing game, not a regular one, not a good game, and amazing game.

Perhaps the fact that the other qb had 5 tds and an 80% completion had something to do with the loss???

Listen, if you hang the loss on Rodgers you are dead wrong. He played well. This is my arguement against Rodgers...

He struggles to hit the big play. I remember when we beat Denver on the first play of overtime a few years ago (don't think I am rooting for the moron that threw that ball). The ability to strive when the spot light is on just hasnt clicked in for the guy. I don't know what it is, but he hasn't learned/ had the opportunity to play with a lead. Does he make some amazing throws, heck yes. Has he won a big game, heck no (yeah hang this one on the defense). Anyone with eye balls should know that the defense blew this one.

Whoever you want to put the blame on, he hasn't won a big game yet. Whether that means the defense doesn't show up, or what... it hasn't happened.

I mainly blame the game planning that intially started the game. It was not fluid, and I felt like we forced a lot of plays. Ryan Grant was going to have a day today, and so was Finley... we didn't start getting them the ball until we were down big.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah im pissed Rodgers missed that wide open throw. But i think jennings didn't really trace the ball all that well. Oh well it wuz nvr meant to be.

Members online

Latest posts