Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 9/25

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should be a great one just like the last few have been. Even though the Packers are 2-0 they have alot to improve on.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
You didn't waste any time in getting this thread started, Ivo. My empty beer mug still has suds trickling downward on it from the game end. Matter of fact, am going to reload it right now to toast the victory. Hope Collins is ok.

Let's talk Bears game a bit later...:tup:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We're getting the full 50/50 100% of every team this year.

We need to improve on stopping the pass, but at the same time we stopped Carolina's run game.

At least they picked Newton off 3 times to prove they still can force turnovers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to move on to the next! The Saints gave the Bears quite the romp, they will be licking their wounds. This will be a good game. Always is with the Bears. I'm predicting a Packers win but we must be on our guard with these Bears! Hopefully Collins will be back!!! I'd miss him!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word on Collins for sure yet? Are they talking some sort of concussion type injury, or it it a spine/neck injury? also the bears have several key players that are going to be in question hopefully we can exploit some mismatches on both sides of the ball and score some points on them for once.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't waste any time in getting this thread started, Ivo. My empty beer mug still has suds trickling downward on it from the game end. Matter of fact, am going to reload it right now to toast the victory. Hope Collins is ok.

Let's talk Bears game a bit later...:tup:

I wanted to get out of Carolina as soon as possible. Wasnt a fan of that game by any means. Still, 2-0 is nothing to complain about.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't predict a Packer win this early in the week. A wounded bear is still dangerous. I still haven't seen the Packers D play a good game yet this year. Until they do, every game will be like today. I expect the Packers O to struggle more so next week than they did today. This is one of the few losses I penciled in when the schedule came out and I have not seen anything to convince me to erase it.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better about this game if it were at Lambeau, but hopefully their porous O-line will get give our D some confidence and get them back on track. Never discount the Bears though (as much as I hate them).

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
forte needs a spy on him in passing downs...not hawk. Get Lattimore in there

I agree, maybe not Lattimore in a big rivalry game, but yea Hawk should be no where near any RB's. Was watching some of Bears game, and man they use him a ton in all sorts of looks. Hope Capers just focuses on stopping him and we win.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who wants to bet that if we win the coin toss, MM will NOT be deferring this time? lol

I didn't really understand it in the first place when last time we won the coin flip, we received and started hot, and stayed hot, that he would change that up.

No way you sit Rodgers on the bench and have them cool off like that after warm ups.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I had to watch what little of the Saints/Bears on a live stream that I could since I didn't have the game down here.

Can thank New Orleans for making this very visible since Atlanta's terrible defense couldn't.

This will be the key.

The Saints did their usual trade mark, 5 man blitzes and had pressure all over Cutler most of the game that I watched. This is what I admire about them. They couldn't really do it against Rodgers cause he can pick up the pressure, and they were throwing everything at us with 8 men in the backfield, and all that crazy stuff, but Chicago, that's a whole new ball game. The Bears don't have an offense like us.

Just watch this clip.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's all we need to do, is heavy blitz Cutler.

Keep in mind, the Saints sacked Cutler 6 TIMES.

They were ALL OVER HIM most of that game. I don't know if they showed it in the highlights, but they thought he was injured from being slow to get up after they drove his head in the ground. Of course he whined like the ***** he is and got some roughing the passer calls, but still, that's a sign that we can do the same thing.

If we can shut down Carolina and stop the Saints new improved running game from getting 100 yards on the ground, we should have no problem shutting down the run on the short handed Bears.

But I want to bring this up to you guys when you watch the highlights.
Drew Brees had an 80 yard touchdown BOMB pass! It looked killer and totally blew the Bears coverage. That's Drew Brees using average recievers without Colston and Moore and it totally burned the Bears.

We have the best WR corps in the league, and if the cards are played right like against Carolina, Rodgers could make a long 50+ yard strike to the endzone.

The Bears super awesome defense looked bad.

I know they were playing the Saints that are an elite team, but they also shut down elite teams, and that's something they didn't do in New Orleans.

I think the Bears were slacking against the Saints. They totally threw them off guard with the heavy blitzes and as you can guess, Cutler can't do anything under pressure but go to the ground. We should be able to do that to him again, no problem. What worries me is the Bears passing game. They still got 240 passing yards on the Saints, which hey that ain't bad, but we also let Cam the Scam put up 400+ yards on us.

Think about the running game, we MUST SHUT THAT DOWN. The Bears couldn't run worth a crap against the Saints. If they can't run the ball, they will be trying to force it around passing, and when that happens, The defense can't do like they did against Carolina. They need to blitz blitz blitz Cutler into panic mode and have a shell shock frenzy of throwing Jeff George interceptions left and right (as he is known to do!)

I do think we can win this game....We may lose it too, as I believe it will be close, the Bears always give us our money's worth but I also think we can beat them.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Right now run stopping seems to be the strength of our D. We really haven't been getting to the QB and it shows in the almost 800 yards of passing our opponents have posted the last two games. I agree, shut down the run and then get after Cutler.

Of course our O will have to click allot better than they did in Carolina, I don't think I have seen them that off before. No timing at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to watch what little of the Saints/Bears on a live stream that I could since I didn't have the game down here.

Can thank New Orleans for making this very visible since Atlanta's terrible defense couldn't.

This will be the key.

The Saints did their usual trade mark, 5 man blitzes and had pressure all over Cutler most of the game that I watched. This is what I admire about them. They couldn't really do it against Rodgers cause he can pick up the pressure, and they were throwing everything at us with 8 men in the backfield, and all that crazy stuff, but Chicago, that's a whole new ball game. The Bears don't have an offense like us.

Just watch this clip.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's all we need to do, is heavy blitz Cutler.

Keep in mind, the Saints sacked Cutler 6 TIMES.

They were ALL OVER HIM most of that game. I don't know if they showed it in the highlights, but they thought he was injured from being slow to get up after they drove his head in the ground. Of course he whined like the ***** he is and got some roughing the passer calls, but still, that's a sign that we can do the same thing.

If we can shut down Carolina and stop the Saints new improved running game from getting 100 yards on the ground, we should have no problem shutting down the run on the short handed Bears.

But I want to bring this up to you guys when you watch the highlights.
Drew Brees had an 80 yard touchdown BOMB pass! It looked killer and totally blew the Bears coverage. That's Drew Brees using average recievers without Colston and Moore and it totally burned the Bears.

We have the best WR corps in the league, and if the cards are played right like against Carolina, Rodgers could make a long 50+ yard strike to the endzone.

The Bears super awesome defense looked bad.

I know they were playing the Saints that are an elite team, but they also shut down elite teams, and that's something they didn't do in New Orleans.

I think the Bears were slacking against the Saints. They totally threw them off guard with the heavy blitzes and as you can guess, Cutler can't do anything under pressure but go to the ground. We should be able to do that to him again, no problem. What worries me is the Bears passing game. They still got 240 passing yards on the Saints, which hey that ain't bad, but we also let Cam the Scam put up 400+ yards on us.

Think about the running game, we MUST SHUT THAT DOWN. The Bears couldn't run worth a crap against the Saints. If they can't run the ball, they will be trying to force it around passing, and when that happens, The defense can't do like they did against Carolina. They need to blitz blitz blitz Cutler into panic mode and have a shell shock frenzy of throwing Jeff George interceptions left and right (as he is known to do!)

I do think we can win this game....We may lose it too, as I believe it will be close, the Bears always give us our money's worth but I also think we can beat them.

Awesome video ty!!

3 times last year we couldnt score on the Bears..Yeah the 1st game we had 18 flags, but our offense has issues with their defense..

Let us hope with Finely and Cobb there now, we can exploit it more then in the past

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping for an awesome gameplan from Capers. If we can get to Cutler and shut Forte down, we will win this game. It'll probably be more of a low scoring game than our last two (though that's not saying much), so hopefully our defense comes to play! Unleash the beast!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears looked terrible against the Saints on all levels. They had a meltdown, the Saints shouldn't of been able to to get to Cutler that easily. The Bears D looked bad, but some of that was Brees and the Saints O Line was just that good and they were able to capitalize on the Bears having a bad day. Atlanta's D is not all that bad for the record. They beat the Eagles last night and managed to take out Vick in the process.

Hear is my warning. The Bears had a bad game against the Saints. We cannot lull ourselves into a false sense of security and get it into our heads that they will play the same way against us. It's probably not going to happen. We cannot play the Bears the same way we played Carolina and hope to win. I think both teams are going to come into this game with guns blazing. Sure, I hope the Bears play as bad as they did against the Saints, but am I counting on that? No. I am by no means saying the Bears are an elite team, far from it, but if I were the Packers, I'd be on my full guard.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hear is my warning. The Bears had a bad game against the Saints. We cannot lull ourselves into a false sense of security and get it into our heads that they will play the same way against us. It will not happen.

There, I fixed it fer ya. I think this is going to be another Packers/Bears down to the wire thriller. Both teams have already shown that their defense can be carved up like a 10 pound Turkey at a 40 member Thanksgiving meal. So my guess is it will be high scoring and we'll be holding our breath at the end.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
should be a great one just like the last few have been. Even though the Packers are 2-0 they have alot to improve on.

Thats an understatement. We have a long way to go to get back to the level we were playing at at the end of last season. That being said we are still a very good team, especially on offense. Its small break downs on defense and special teams right now that are killing us. I think we will beat the Bears in a very close game. Possibly on a last second field goal.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It would be real nice if we could build up a two game lead on the Bears. Now if the Vikings could just pull one out of their butt so the Lions had a loss.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting all "lubed up" for this game for sure!

WE'RE GONNA MURDER THEIR WEAKASS OL!!!!!!!!!!! 42 - 10 Green Bay, 21 points on offense, the rest is from pick-6's and safeties!!!!!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I won't predict a Packer win this early in the week. A wounded bear is still dangerous. I still haven't seen the Packers D play a good game yet this year. Until they do, every game will be like today. I expect the Packers O to struggle more so next week than they did today. This is one of the few losses I penciled in when the schedule came out and I have not seen anything to convince me to erase it.

Yep. I agree.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anyone else realize we were in the same boat last year, 2 - 0 going against the Bears in the third game. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself and there are less flags and more Packer touchdowns. I would love to see the Bears swept.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts