Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

Do you think the Bears might be keeping Soldier field slippery on purpose?
Could they know where the slippery spots are?
I wonder if they will somehow use the field knowledge, if they have any, to their advantage.

I just hope the Packers will be well prepared to play on any surface. Even hot coals.

:chisux:

I wouldn't put much of anything past the Bears. They played their starters trying to keep the Packers out of the playoffs, don't think for one second they wouldn't resort to such tactics. I honestly don't care what the Bears try to to, I think the Packers are more prepared for this game than we could possibly believe. If we are aware of the field conditions you can rest assured the Packers are too and are already all over that. They are used to cold weather and such conditions, they are better suited than anybody to deal with it. The Bears may of chosen the wrong team to play field condition games with. Mind you, the Bears are playing on the same field in the same conditions. I don't care how used to it they are, they will still have to deal with random slips that are out of their control.

I don't think the field will stand in the way of the Packers Superbowl dreams any more than the Bears. It surely is something to consider but I'd be more worried about the Bears than the field.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
What would happen if the field failed on Saturday? I think if it wasn't up to regulations, the turf is too hard or its not suitable for the players. IDK what qualifies for that, but what if it fails?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would happen if the field failed on Saturday? I think if it wasn't up to regulations, the turf is too hard or its not suitable for the players. IDK what qualifies for that, but what if it fails?

I don't know what parameters they use to determine of a field is unplayable but I do know that a field has to be really really bad to be considered unplayable.

As an example, the last year the Eagles played at Veterans Stadium, they redid the field, I forget what exactly they did, but there was this really big rainstorm before the opening game that pretty much rendered the playing field useless. It was bad enough that they had to postpone that game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
at least it looks to be in the double digits for that game, and only a chance of flurries, I think the Pack can play in that. At least I hope tehy could.

PackerLady

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big day for all football fans on Sunday, how many fans of whatever team do you think WILL NOT sit down to see who's heading to the Super Bowl, though I'm Packers all the way. Go Pack :yahoo:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Soldier field emptying around the end of the 3rd quarter if you know what I mean.

Hell yeah! That's what happened in the Falcons game!!! The Packers made all the Birdies fly away! Who is to say they can't stomp the Bears right out of their cave?

All we shall hear is, "Go Pack Go" from the 3rd quarter out. :chisux:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mods, will you unblock all the trolls if packers play great ftball for another 8 quarters? I reeeeaaally would love to see just one come back

L

Lunchboxer

I want the Steelers to win their game and we win ours.

I would love a Steelers vs Packers for a Super Bowl. 2 of the best franchises batting for the Lombardi Trophy. That would be a Damn good game.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on the fear of a game changing moment from Hester, but i really fear that we wont be able to contain Forte this game...if we can stop him from big gains in both passing and rushing, we have a great shot.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

Do you think the Bears might be keeping Soldier field slippery on purpose?
Could they know where the slippery spots are?
I wonder if they will somehow use the field knowledge, if they have any, to their advantage.

I just hope the Packers will be well prepared to play on any surface. Even hot coals.

No, a bad field actually benefits the offense and would hurt their D which is the only thing they have going for them. Well, that and ST.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I agree on the fear of a game changing moment from Hester, but i really fear that we wont be able to contain Forte this game...if we can stop him from big gains in both passing and rushing, we have a great shot.

Remember Jenkins wasn't around the last game we played em. Gonna be harder for them to run on us with Jenkins in there. I'm not worried. Plus, if we go up on them fast, they'll have to pass it and get out of running the ball.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
i am very nervous about this game.

the Bears defense has proven that they can contain our offense. i don't think we'll be seeing 48 points this time lol.

I think this game is going to come down to getting pressure on Cutler. In week 17 their run game seemed to be pretty effective but they stopped using it. That has been a continuing trend for the Bears this season, the majority of their games go about 60% pass 40% run.

My point being, if Cutler is given too much time he can carve up a secondary. He is going to be dropping back to pass plenty of times in the game and he needs to be pressured and hit. When Cutler is pressured/hit/sacked he gets frustrated. When he gets frustrated he makes poor decisions with his throws.

Looking back at the Bears-Seahawks game, Cutler was under almost no pressure. He had the time to allow deep routes to be run and he was able to light up the secondary. Even though he wasn't under much pressure, Cutler still gifted 2 or 3 passes that should have been easy INT's. The Packers CAN NOT afford to miss opportunities for turnovers, and our wide receivers can not drop the ball!

Needless to say, this is gonna be a fantastic game.

And now for the glass half full point of view. This ain't the Seahawks defense Cutler will be playing against. He'll be playing against a defense that is really hitting it's stride. His defense will also be facing an offense that just recently became doubly dangerous.

They used to think they could just get to Rodgers and the game would be contained. But now the offense discovered James Starks and it discovered it does the screen very well. These are great offensive plays to keep the heat toned down.

Guys are getting healthy at just the right time and the team is just beginning to peak. I'm not nervous about this game.

I am ticked, however, that we drew the same Ref we had against the Bears in the first match-up of the season. Has anybody found a way yet to pay him more than Chicago can?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're a better team, but they've been lucky as hell all year long, starting in week one with the gift of a win handed to them over Calvin Johnson's Lions, in Chicago.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
<Ruled incomplete at the end of the game.

Notice at the 43 second mark, the zebra right in perfect position puts his arms up for the TD signal.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ol2fuo5p5c&feature=related]YouTube - Calvin Johnson Robbed by NFL's Horrible Catch Rule[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts