Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23 - NFC Championship Game: WIN 21 - 14

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow am I pumped! NFC Championship next week! Reguardless of what happened you have to be happy about this season. What a great job they have done. Thoughts on next week? Anyone thinking of going?

mods, please adjust title tomorrow for opponent.

L

Lunchboxer

We are 1 game away from the Super Bowl.

And this time we dont got a INT King.

We can do this.

In Arron Rodgers I believe.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We just gotta keep our eyes on the prize. This team has what it takes. This team has talent, confidence, defense, offense, and a quarterback who can lead us to the promise land.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Amazing job this year, no matter what happens next Sunday Packers fought so friggin hard this season, SO MANY injuries and they plugged the holes. Now it took ALL season to find a new running back but Starks is doing quite nicely. The Packers are one of the few teams this year that can look into any opponents eye and fight for all their opponents are worth. This has been one of the few earned blow outs they have had this year. May the Packers fight hard for the Super Bowl appearance and harder for the trophy named after their best coach.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a chance to go to the NFC Championship game if Seattle wins Sunday....

Friends in Seattle are on stand by to pick me up at Seatac (and let me crash on the couch)!!

Go Hawks!!!! F'Da Bears

WooooHooooo! GO PACK GO!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Seahawks win tomorrow for your sake ^

I don't care very much who we face, the Packers are knocking them down one by one.

Take a calming breath, realize we have a very real chance of winning the SB. It's not just wishful thinking and the essence of dreams. It's hard core reality. We have a chance of beating every one of the remaining teams. I don't think this team has it's heart set on just the NFC Championship. I think they are thinking SB, and the way they played tonight, I don't think there is a team in the league who was watching that game and didn't fear facing the Packers.

I'm so proud of this team for getting here in the first place. I feel such energy here, I've been feeling it all season but it has been building and now it is hitting its crescendo. There is a spirit in this team that can never fail.

So, Seahawks or Bears. Does it even matter at this point?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who do you guys want to win today, chicago or seattle?
That's a good question.
I want both to win for different reasons.
I really wouldn't mind if it was the Hawks because at least da Bears would be out.

If da Bears win, it won't be that far for more Packers fans to travel to Soldier.
And it would be nice to beat our rivals on their turf.

So either one would be a winning situation for us.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I feel like we can beat them both so really I dont care- lets just say im gonna be rooting against the bears though, I just cant see myself rooting for the bears simply for the fact that I would love to hoist the halas trophy in soldier.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we can beat them both so really I dont care- lets just say im gonna be rooting against the bears though, I just cant see myself rooting for the bears simply for the fact that I would love to hoist the halas trophy in soldier.
I agree.

Why would any Packer fan in their right mind root for a rival team unless it has any impact on the Packers outcome during the reg. season?

Since this game has no impact on the Packers getting into the playoffs: Go Seahawks!

ArkansasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 1/23

Few fun facts:

Packers and Bears have made the playoffs in the same year only four times in history: 1941, 1994, 2001, 2010.

December 14, 1941 was the only time, up until now, that the teams have met in the playoffs. Chicago won the game 33-14 to clinch the Western Division championship, then defeated the New York Giants for the NFL Championship.

:chisux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If Packers can play the way they played versus the Falcons they should win. Have to give the Packers a lot of credit for winning so many games, and doing so well.

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the Bears won the way they did today. They'll hopefully go into next week's game cocky and commit a lot of mistakes.

Members online

Latest posts