Official Game Day Thread: Browns @ Packers 8/14: LOSE 27 - 24

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
There's the Sam Shields we've all heard about.

LOL at them saying he should've caught that. That would've been a helluva catch.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Oh well we lost.

I was not having much hope with the 2nd and 3rd string in the game.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Its Pre Season.

But if this was a real game. I would not be a happy camper.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say FIRE THAT GODDAMM DC AND EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THIS MF TEAM!

Okay, I'm better now. It's only preseason. After all, it's not like the last game the Packers played the D gave up a lot of po... nevermind.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if many of you guys felt the same way, but I thought this D really missed Johnny Jolly. Sure he didn't have much of an effect as a pass rusher, but the way the pocket collapsed and the overall run stopping ability from the left side of the line just disappeared. Maybe it's Pickett who's still learning the LDE position, but I think having Jolly there would've helped settle the D a bit.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Note I found on jsonline

If Blackmon proves healthy and capable of playing safety – something we absolutely do not know yet – then Charlie Peprah is expendable. But until Blackmon is healthy, the Packers like to cover themselves.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coverage really bothers me. They let too much space underneat. *********, play closer to the receiver! Last year we were 28th in passing TDs given. Even if we give the deep pass once in a while, it'll still compensate for stopping more drives.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coverage really bothers me. They let too much space underneat. *********, play closer to the receiver! Last year we were 28th in passing TDs given. Even if we give the deep pass once in a while, it'll still compensate for stopping more drives.

I noticed this too. Even with the No. 1 D on the field, we were giving too much cushion to their recievers. That's how guys like Massaqoui and Robiskie were getting their catches. I understand we play in a zone oriented defense, but it's completely unexcusable when we're giving up free releases like that.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they were just out there going through the motions. You will see a different team during week 1 regular season.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I think they were just out there going through the motions. You will see a different team during week 1 regular season.

Yea. Playing a bit cautious dont want to get hurt now.

If this happen Week 1 then I would be worried.

Its Pre Season. Getting the Kinks worked out. Lets Take a Deep Breath.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea. Playing a bit cautious dont want to get hurt now.

If this happen Week 1 then I would be worried.

Its Pre Season. Getting the Kinks worked out. Lets Take a Deep Breath.
It's a reoccurent thing. We played like this last year, and it didn't go well.

But you're absolutely right. Thing is, this team knows it's identity. It's not gonna play hard in preseason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts