Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 12/5: WIN 34 - 16

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Literally made me laugh out loud!! Have you checked the weatherchannel.com??

Someone suggested to try to get the game stats posted live, but can't... does someone own the weather stats?? Maybe the predicted weather for where the games will be played could be on the main page?!?!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Damn. I wanted it to snow. If you have Madden 11, use the Packers, wear the throwbacks, and set it to snowing. Those jerseys look so much more awesome in the snow for some reason.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a team with 13 players on injured reserve, it's a wonder the Packers were able to put on a practice given all the players still on the 53-man roster who didn't participate.

A total of 10 players didn't take part in the full workout and only a few took part in the walk-through that precedes the real practice.

The Packers wore their brown "throwback" helmets during practice, but they wore their usual green jerseys. It wasn't the most artful combination of colors to say the least. The "throwbacks'", which feature blue jerseys with a yellow circle and blue number on the front, will be worn Sunday.

Running back James Starks received a lot of practice time, most likely because he's going to be active this week. He did some contact drills with the receivers to help get him ready.

The two practice squad players who were brought up to the 53-man roster, linebacker Robert Francois and cornerback Josh Gordy, got a lot of work. Francois played inside during the portion of practice the media was present for.

Here's the injury report:

Safety Nick Collins was nowhere to be seen. He usually practices on a limited basis on Wednesdays because of a sore knee. There was no mention Monday of any other kind of injury, so he may have been getting treatment on the knee.
Safeties Atary Bigby (hamstring) and Anthony Smith (ankle) were not around, leaving only Charlie Peprah and Jarrett Bush to play safety. Cornerback Brandon Underwood filled in on a few snaps, but that might just have been to fill out the defense.
Wide receiver Greg Jennings (foot) was not present. Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday that he would probably miss a day of practice.
Linebacker Clay Matthews (shin) is continuing his routine of not practicing Wednesday and Thursday. He was present and watching during the walk-throughs and practice.
Defensive end Cullen Jenkins (calf) was at the walk-through, but mostly did stuff off to the side.
Cornerback Pat Lee (ankle) was not present.
Running back Dimitri Nance (concussion) was cleared to run full speed on the side, but he was not allowed to practice. He evidently is close to being given the green light.
Cornerback Charles Woodson (toe) per usual only was around for the walk-through.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a team with 13 players on injured reserve, it's a wonder the Packers were able to put on a practice given all the players still on the 53-man roster who didn't participate.

A total of 10 players didn't take part in the full workout and only a few took part in the walk-through that precedes the real practice.

UPDATE: Nick Collins' injury is a shoulder, but he's expected to play this week. Woodson actually practiced in full.

The Packers wore their brown "throwback" helmets during practice, but they wore their usual green jerseys. It wasn't the most artful combination of colors to say the least. The "throwbacks'", which feature blue jerseys with a yellow circle and blue number on the front, will be worn Sunday.

Running back James Starks received a lot of practice time, most likely because he's going to be active this week. He did some contact drills with the receivers to help get him ready.

The two practice squad players who were brought up to the 53-man roster, linebacker Robert Francois and cornerback Josh Gordy, got a lot of work. Francois played inside during the portion of practice the media was present for.

Safety Nick Collins was nowhere to be seen. He usually practices on a limited basis on Wednesdays because of a sore knee. There was no mention Monday of any other kind of injury, so he may have been getting treatment on the knee.
Safeties Atary Bigby (hamstring) and Anthony Smith (ankle) were not around, leaving only Charlie Peprah and Jarrett Bush to play safety. Cornerback Brandon Underwood filled in on a few snaps, but that might just have been to fill out the defense.
Wide receiver Greg Jennings (foot) was not present. Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday that he would probably miss a day of practice.
Linebacker Clay Matthews (shin) is continuing his routine of not practicing Wednesday and Thursday. He was present and watching during the walk-throughs and practice.
Defensive end Cullen Jenkins (calf) was at the walk-through, but mostly did stuff off to the side.
Running back Dimitri Nance (concussion) was cleared to run full speed on the side, but he was not allowed to practice. He evidently is close to being given the green light.
Cornerback Charles Woodson (toe) per usual only was around for the walk-through.

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WOW and I thought the niners were banged up.. Big difference with your team and the niners. Your team has a lot more talent.

List of niners injuries

49ers who didn't practice: C Baas, CB Will James (concussions), CB Spencer (quad), RB Brian Westbrook (ankle), LB Haralson (ankle), Nedney. WR Josh Morgan (shoulder) was limited while T Joe Staley (leg) has been ruled out.

Westbrook is more of a professional courtesy Nedney will play on Sunday. Baas is very doubtful, but is hoping to play, James is doubtful, Spencer should be fine for Sunday. Morgan should play and of course Staley is out. However, Sims has done an excellent job at LT.

We brought up DeShawn Wynn to our 53 man roster I think he played for the packers before. He will play ST in replace of Dixon who will be playing more on our offense in replace of Frank Gore.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well I think that this should be a pretty easy win and it will deffinatly will be a fun game to watch. On a side note can the Bears get anymore luck thrown there way?? Shaun Hill out and Drew Stanton in are you kidding me??????Thats 3 weeks in a row the Bears get lucky first Miami with Tyler Pigpen and then Eagles with no Asante Samuel and Ellis Hobbs and now Drew Stanton. What a joke

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay -- The Packers' injury situation got a lot better on Thursday with the return of wide receiver Greg Jennings (foot), Nick Collins (shoulder), end Cullen Jenkins (calf) and running back Dimitri Nance (concussion).

All took part in the full pads workout inside the Don Hutson Center.

Still out are: safeties Atari Bigby (hamstring) and Anthony Smith (ankle) and cornerback Pat Lee (ankle).

Linebacker Clay Matthews (shin) and cornerback Charles Woodson (toe) took part in the walk-through only.

UPDATE: Coach Mike McCarthy said it's likely Matthews won't practice on Wednesday and Thursday the rest of the year because of his shin. Playing on turf has made it worse and he's hoping that playing on grass Sunday will keep it from flaring up as much next week. Matthews has been practicing only on Fridays.

Wide receiver James Jones pulled up with what appeared to be an ankle injury, but after taking a few plays off was back running routes.

The practice was inside, but the doors were open to allow the cold air to blow through. There was a light dusting of snow on the practice fields and the wind was brisk.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday that he thought it was better for the team to stay inside because the players focus better on their assignments when they're not thinking about the cold. Of course, he's from California.

Kicker Mason Crosby said he and punter Tim Masthay would probably kick inside Lambeau Field on Friday.

Coach Mike McCarthy started taking the team outside last year for the inside run period. We won't know if they did that today until practice is over and McCarthy gives his briefing.

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Nedney is out brought in Steelers cast off kicker today. Westbrook hasn't practice with the possibility he might be out. Though I doubt it. Should Westbrook be out for the game Dixon will carry the load which means no run game for us and Troy will have to beat you through the air and with our o line I see a huge blow out loss and a very boring game, but not for you :)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Nedney is out brought in Steelers cast off kicker today. Westbrook hasn't practice with the possibility he might be out. Though I doubt it. Should Westbrook be out for the game Dixon will carry the load which means no run game for us and Troy will have to beat you through the air and with our o line I see a huge blow out loss and a very boring game, but not for you :)

want to answer a few Qs about your team?

1. Young or Montana?

2. how do you feel about TO?

3. biggest strength of the 9ers?

4. biggest weakness?

5. biggest worry about facing the packers?

6. who wins the nfc west?

Thanks!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I started following the Packers in 1995, the Packers have lost only once to the 49ers. If this quote doesn't get you fired up for Sunday's game, nothing will:
49ers announcer said:
Owens, Owens, Owens, Owens, he caught it, he caught it, he caught it, he caught it!
The Packers-49ers rivalry of the late 90's-2002 was the best rivalry in the NFL at the time and I'd love to see the 49ers return to prominence so it can be something special again. Of course, I still want to beat them every time.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
ima say it like this, WE BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER! At home, we are going to dominate. There is no discussion! LETS GO! if im wrong i want someone to make fun of me posting this for a week!

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
want to answer a few Qs about your team?

1. Young or Montana?

2. how do you feel about TO?

3. biggest strength of the 9ers?

4. biggest weakness?

5. biggest worry about facing the packers?

6. who wins the nfc west?

Thanks!

1. Montana

2. TO biggest drama queen in the NFL. Not a fan

3. run defense is our strength and our run game before Gore got hurt

4. coaching staff, the o line, pass defense, and QB

5. Complete blow out by the packers 55-0 Niners have proven no matter who is QB or coaching they can not beat the packers.

6. 9ers win the NFC west which will have the packers coming to the 9ers for the first round of the playoffs packers once again shut us out at home.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO. when you are fighting to make the playoffs, 1) you do not lose to an inferior team and 2) you do not lose on your home turf. If you do, I question if you deserve to make the playoffs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
High on Sunday 17...low 3 degrees. Partly cloudy. Snow on Saturday.
Thanks for the update, packing up for the game tonight, and was wondering how many long sleeve shirts to bring. Looks like a lot. Hope the Green Bay Blues give a great game this weekend, not like last weeks hard core game, but more like a madden OMG >50 to 0 shut out.

Marmatag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok time to move on from the ATL loss and look towards Sundays game!

Its the throwback game people.

Anything that worries anyone about the 9ers? Will Rodgers be trying to exact some revenge against the team that left him in the draft room in favor of Smith?

Its a short week for the 9ers as well as they play tonight (Monday), so if you can check out what we have to go up against.
LOL hey Tahoegirl.

1. Young
2.TO = overrated, Steve Young made him great
3. Defense
4. Singletary
5. Pass rush & Corners
6. St Louis :(

Also, the only way we'll win is by saturating the game with defensive backs and not really playing the run. We have a seriously good set of 3 down linemen, and patrick willis will have no trouble shutting down your backup running back.

on offense, i would expect we'll try to move troy smith out of the pocket away from Clay Matthews. If he has time, i believe Crabtree can get separation from woodson, and Vernon Davis is always a mismatch.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL hey Tahoegirl.

1. Young
2.TO = overrated, Steve Young made him great
3. Defense
4. Singletary
5. Pass rush & Corners
6. St Louis :(

Also, the only way we'll win is by saturating the game with defensive backs and not really playing the run. We have a seriously good set of 3 down linemen, and patrick willis will have no trouble shutting down your backup running back.

on offense, i would expect we'll try to move troy smith out of the pocket away from Clay Matthews. If he has time, i believe Crabtree can get separation from woodson, and Vernon Davis is always a mismatch.
Probably Woodson will be on Davis and Tramon Williams on Crabtree.

And Tramon Williams is a better cover corner than Charles Woodson...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts