Official - Farve streak ends

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Brett Favre inactive, NFL record streak ends

Brett Favre is inactive for the Vikings’ Monday night game against the Giants, bringing to an end his NFL-record streak of 297 consecutive starts. Favre suffered a shoulder injury eight days ago in a game when he was hit by Bills linebacker Arthur Moats, and he’s not ready to return. Although the Vikings were still…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand exactly what you are saying. I didn't fancy him in the latter years but my, I'm kinda speechless here. It's just sad to see it end this way when it could of been so different.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Having watched his whole career, and comparing the joy he gave me against the irritation at the end...I'm feeling sad.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it is sad. I was just a few months old when his streak began and now I am in college. I have never known Favre not to play. It would be somewhat ironic if he doesn't play again this year; his year would have once again ended with an interception.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait a second. Is this just the end of the streak or is it the end of Favre's career? So the epic drama continues.

I edited the original thread as poster had career, since I didnt see anything about career, I changed it...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be it for the season and career. Word is the Vikings are considering IR, though he would stay with the team.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see him retiring now if the vikes don't bench him. I mean, that streak has been his trademark throughout his career. Somehow, seeing him play after it has ended wouldn't be the same.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Favre tries to profit from end of streak

Apparently, a salary of $16 million for 2010 isn’t enough. Not long after Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was placed on the inactive list for Monday night’s game against the Giants, Favre’s official web site began selling a signed football commemorating his 297-game streak of starts. For the low, low price of $499.99. “One of the…

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I smell a RAT here.

I think the league was about to lay a suspension on him, & he took the, "I'm hurt", reason to step out gracefully.

Sorry, I loved this guy once, but he turned on us.

No way can you tell me he doesn't play tonight because of this injury...remember he is the "Iron Man" who never misses a game.

I think he's 1 step ahead of a suspension.

Wouldn't surprise me if he retires soon...before the end of the season.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Hahaha it couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. I'm glad his lil streak is ended n hopefully his career is over to. I can't stand any more Brent favor bullshat.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have nothing but contempt for this guy.
I would feel differently if:
1) He was still a Packer.
2) If he wasn't such a loser.
3) If he had been any other player who takes more and harder hits then the QB does.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he just dreaded the thought of facing the Giant's D. They have been destroying QBs this year and Favre is already wounded. I was actually mildly concerned about this.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I smell a RAT here.

I think the league was about to lay a suspension on him, & he took the, "I'm hurt", reason to step out gracefully.

Sorry, I loved this guy once, but he turned on us.

No way can you tell me he doesn't play tonight because of this injury...remember he is the "Iron Man" who never misses a game.

I think he's 1 step ahead of a suspension.

Wouldn't surprise me if he retires soon...before the end of the season.
I think you are right. Maybe says he was about to go on IR so he retired. Then league says the matter is closed because hes no longer a player. Then Jen Sterger threatens to take the NFL to civil court. Then she suddenly becomes very wealthy and withdraws her case.

Sterger spelled backwards is Regrets.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you are right. Maybe says he was about to go on IR so he retired. Then league says the matter is closed because hes no longer a player. Then Jen Sterger threatens to take the NFL to civil court. Then she suddenly becomes very wealthy and withdraws her case.

Sterger spelled backwards is Regrets.

Nice Anagram.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone got a pic of his fingers? I was at the badgers game last night with Mark Johnson so didnt get to see the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone got a pic of his fingers? I was at the badgers game last night with Mark Johnson so didnt get to see the game.

I seen it while watching the game...?They really were purple

Members online

Latest posts