Official: Falling ice injures 5 at Cowboys Stadium

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Official: Falling ice injures 5 at Cowboys Stadium - San Jose Mercury News

ARLINGTON, Texas—Five people were injured by falling ice at Cowboys Stadium after another blast of winter slammed North Texas on Friday, a Super Bowl official said.

The National Weather Service had issued a winter storm warning Friday for Arlington, home of the $1.3 billion Cowboys

Other than the more serious of it, all I can Say is The Packers have arrived

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
hahaha people slipping and falling is hilarious. i wonder if it was ay of those douches that are on the commercials who go to the super bowl every year

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing in Arlington is a mess. The roads and sidewalks are like ice rinks and now you have sheets of ice falling off the top of the stadium, injuring people. What a nightmare.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I herby officially declare NFL 2010 Football season the year of the Winter dome disasters.

Is this any coincidence that it happens to be teams of coaches that have been fired after Packers games?
Minny, Dallas. Who is next?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Geez, I hope everyone's okay. How tall is that stadium? Can you imagine how far those ice chucks must be falling?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think they would have thought ice would fall off the stadium when it warms up.. Big lawsuit coming the Cowboys way.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think they would have thought ice would fall off the stadium when it warms up.. Big lawsuit coming the Cowboys way.

No doubt there's poor planning here, but to play devil's advocate, the average temperature in the Dallas area at this time of year is 58 degrees. The ice storm is, for all intents and purposes, an anomaly.

Either way, it will be tough for the Cowboys to win a lawsuit. I'm betting they settle.

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt there's poor planning here, but to play devil's advocate, the average temperature in the Dallas area at this time of year is 58 degrees. The ice storm is, for all intents and purposes, an anomaly.

Either way, it will be tough for the Cowboys to win a lawsuit. I'm betting they settle.

With what, giving them two free tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game?:icon_surprised:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Your guys forget this is The South. They don't know how to deal with ice/snow here. The schools have been shutdown 4 days here in Dallas. I've left my house once, not because I can't, but because I'm scared of the idiot drivers in their monster trucks who are driving like there is no ice on the road.

Going to the grocery store I saw a white ford pickup spin out and crash and had two trucks fly past me. Texans are fugging idiots when it comes to driving on ice.

I have no doubt, Cowboy stadium has no idea how to handle ice on it except to let it melt off. How is that going to work during the SB!? I have no idea. Lots of visitors could get injured.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell have insisted that the bad weather in Dallas won't affect future Super Bowl bids in cold-weather cities, but with Dallas highways iced over, flights cancelled and the game's site proving to be a hazard to workers and fans, it's hard to see how the league can justify going back to a colder climate after New Jersey hosts the game in 2014.
Yeah. Lotsa luck getting another bid.
This kind of thing is why they have SBs down south, right?
Back to Miami and California they go.

Hey, maybe they'll have one in the new Vikings stadium in Cal. a few years from now! :happy0005:
Thinking the same thing.
Yup.
Jerry can afford it.
I wonder if they're insurance covers such a thing.
*Climbs to the top of Jerry's heaven and screams LAWSUITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT*
Dudette, your a real serious ambulance chaser if your chasing all the way from Wisconsin! LOL

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Sucks, cause just a few days before, Dallas was 60-65F. I think this was just a freak storm. I don't like Jerry but I don't see why Dallas shouldn't get another SB.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Lotsa luck getting another bid.
This kind of thing is why they have SBs down south, right?
Back to Miami and California they go.

There's no reason to think Arlington won't get another Super Bowl bid. Their average temps for the month of February are highs in the high 50's and low 60's and lows in the upper 30's. Much higher than the weather they got blasted with this past week:

Daily Averages for Arlington, TX - weather.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way in hell I would climb to the top of the stadium to knock off sh*t on the roof. Thats a frickin death wish.

And its the NFL, the bottom line is $, and this SB will bring in more than any other in history I bet. They will have 10 SBs here I would think.

Members online

Latest posts