OFFICIAL DEFENSIVE ISSUES THREAD

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. They realize they had some issues at least and are not sitting around patting each other on the back just for winning.

Exactly. And that's what we hope they do. They need to fix the leak while they're still on a roll. If they're not patting each other on the back and rejoicing in 8-0, who am I to pat them on the back? I'm often sticking up for the positive side, but I also consider the words of the coaches and players much more weighty than others.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight is the only night CWood can feel like this. He sounded absolutely defeated. This upcoming week, he needs to come in with a positive attitude and work his tail off (just like the rest of our D).

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. They realize they had some issues at least and are not sitting around patting each other on the back just for winning.
if the packers D played up to par, the packers would easily win the SB this year

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
“A lot of bad football,” a somber Woodson said in the corner of the locker room. “I don’t know what it was. Just chalk it up to bad football.”
Croak they don't get it. The Steelers and Ravens are the top two defense's in the league. They give up less yards than the Packers(200+ per game) less points than the Packers (7 points per game.) Less yards per play(2 yards per play). But the Packers(Rodgers) can out score anyone so the Defense don't matter.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Croak they don't get it. The Steelers and Ravens are the top two defense's in the league. They give up less yards than the Packers(200+ per game) less points than the Packers (7 points per game.) Less yards per play(2 yards per play). But the Packers(Rodgers) can out score anyone so the Defense don't matter.
Didnt the steelers D give up 382 and the Ravens D give up 393 tonight though?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
if the packers D played up to par, the packers would easily win the SB this year

They are not done yet.

I still think they will improve on D.

Patience people. Patience. Rome was not built in a day. It will get better.

I feel like I am talking to Colts fans? You guys are 8-0 with one of the best QBs I have ever seen and just need to sharpen up on D.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not done yet.

I feel like I am talking to Colts fans? You guys are 8-0 with one of the best QBs I have ever seen and just need to sharpen up on D.

No one is saying the D doesn't have potential, or think any other team is in a better position than the Packers. They are just pointing out the elephant in the room, which needs and probably will be fixed by seasons end.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It helps a lot when all you have to do to get a PI call is shove the defender. Those 2 PI calls on Woodson were complete BS. If the receiver initiates contact, there should NEVER be a call against the defense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tonight is the only night CWood can feel like this. He sounded absolutely defeated. This upcoming week, he needs to come in with a positive attitude and work his tail off (just like the rest of our D).

He wasn't alone, Williams, Peprah and Matthews all had the same tone. Hopefully they will do "soul searching" and get things together. Perhaps this will motivate them. Maybe they need this to keep from becoming complacent Super Bowl winners.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of moot anyway at this point.

All it takes is one bad performance from the offense or the defense (or in our case, coverage units) and the Super Bowl can be lost.

Just hope "One bad performance" doesn't come in January.

Barring a major collapse, this team is getting a bye week in round 1.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has only 4 takeaways total on their super awesome defense that let Joe Flacco drive 90 something yards to win the game.

I guess we have to be a bit appreciative.

We do get interceptions and big turnovers when we need them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has only 4 takeaways total on their super awesome defense that let Joe Flacco drive 90 something yards to win the game.

I guess we have to be a bit appreciative.

We do get interceptions and big turnovers when we need them.

Very 2009 Saints.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I mean yes i'd rather have the d do what it did and win then have Pittsburgh's d and lose, but I'd still like some assurance that our d won't be our downfall. I'm just gonna take it week by week at this point. If the d doesn't start to fix some things by 3/4 of the way through the season though i will be officially concerned.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I promise you guys the D will improve. Too many of your players on D are now upset about it. Maybe this week woke them up a bit.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Again really name 5 better than Rivers......just stupid of you to say that it really is

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning. Anything else?

Why is it stupid to say that? Rivers leads the league in interceptions. You can't live and die by the turnover. Not every QB we face is going to be that retarded with the ball in his hands.

If this game as the Sb and they did this would all of you still be *****in about the D??

lol @ you posting this right after calling me stupid. Why would I be concerned if it was the last game of the season? In case you haven't noticed, we have, 8 games left. 11 more if you want to get technical. What kind of question is that?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
But, holy shootout.

That was some game. Packers get into a shootout they WILL win lol.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Thats cool that he said that it was a bad day on D but to go as far as the OP did is ridiclous. Can I ask you what D you would want for today the Packers who won the game gave up yards and points or the steelers who gave up less yards and lost the game and gave up the most crucial points with 18 seconds left???

You make the most ridiculous comparisons I swear. I don't give a **** about the Steelers defense. You pointing out other teams misfortunes and drawing on hindsight in order to try to make me feel grateful is laughable.

The only reason we managed to escape that game is because of Rivers and his horrible throws, and the fact that our offense can score on any given drive.

There is something to be said when our defense gives up 14 points including allowing an onside kick in the span of 3 minutes right after we get a lead and pretty much have the game in the bag.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Packers were on the SI cover this past week with the word "perfect" on it. You have to give them a break. They had to overcome a lot.

L

Lunchboxer

Man that Defence made me wanna vomit. Almost blowing a 3 TD lead in the Mid of 4th QTR that is pathetic. Would of helped if we recovered that on side kick.

Isnt Dom Capers looking at Film or something. Had A Week and few days to prepare for Chargers Offence and that time did nothing.

If we had the D from last year Id say Super Bowl early but not with a D like this. Cant have Rodgers put the team on his back every damn sunday.

Like_That

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride guys enjoy the ride. Our defense may play bad at times but when we need a stop they get it. Our defense isnt perfect but they get the job done when its needed. Yeah the Chargers game was closer then it was suppose to be but when the other team recovers an onside kick and the defense is already tired what do you expect an 3 and out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not done yet.

*SIGH*
Another week another win and another flood of posts that read as if the Packers are losing instead of winning.
(I'm not at all implying your posts, Jules.)

(FF scrolls to the top of the page to check to make sure and comes back.)

Yup. Still reads Packer forum.
Just had to make sure it didn't read Dolphins or Rams.
Honestly, I wasn't too sure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride guys enjoy the ride. Our defense may play bad at times but when we need a stop they get it. Our defense isnt perfect but they get the job done when its needed. Yeah the Chargers game was closer then it was suppose to be but when the other team recovers an onside kick and the defense is already tired what do you expect an 3 and out.
Wonderfully put.
I couldn't have put it any better myself.
The D-Fence gets the job done. That's all we can ask for and we are getting. Let's be happy with that.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am sure this thread will get the eventual posts yelling at those who are critical of the D with statements such as "Stop your whining, we are 8-0!"

Though it's a great feeling to be 8-0 and this no doubt is a magical season, there ARE issues that need to be addressed. Aaron & Co. won't always be able to put up 45 points to keep up with the seive of a defense this team is fielding right now.

How many times did Gates have to burn Bishop before something was changed to give some help? Answer: Way more than I was happy with apparently. On the 3rd and 16 early in the 4th, Bishop was playing Gates tight, rather than backing up, letting him catch it underneath, then making the tackle. 3rd and 16? Come on, Pack...

At times, it sure looked like Woodson was lost out there. I love him, but looks like he needs to dial back the gamble-meter a bit and just play it safe. Sure, he got robbed on that PI call, but he gets away with a lot on other plays all game long. And, why he chose to try to run the KO out of the endzone with no blockers is simply rookie. I expect more from Woodson.

Three of SD's TD receptions were to wide open WRs just standing in the end zone. That's simply not acceptable.

And, lastly, I was as happy as anyone when Peprah got the game winning pick, but he needed to take a knee immediately. This gunning for additional personal statistics was idiotic, selfish, and should be severely punished. But, it won't. And this is like the third time I recall seeing a Packer dancing around with a live ball when they should hit the turf within the last year. One of these days, it's going to back-fire Leon Lett-like.

Just venting. This stuff is adding up. Needs to be fixed, and I am sure it can.

Glad to be 8-0. In MM and TT I trust.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have one thing to say about all the complaints regarding the yardage our defense has given up.

The Jaguars have the #5 defense right now. They've won 2 games. I like our situation better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts