Official DE Josh Boyd thread

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Never heard of him before
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Good. Someone to replace Raji someday. I hope we get a UDFA DT as well.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd is a good pickup, tough, stout and hopefully he can add some more bulk. He's not and never will be a replacement for Raji. What he is is a depth guy to keep Raji fresher. Get Raji to 40 snaps and below a game instead of 60+ and we'll see the player we drafted.

H

HardRightEdge

Boyd is a good pickup, tough, stout and hopefully he can add some more bulk. He's not and never will be a replacement for Raji. What he is is a depth guy to keep Raji fresher. Get Raji to 40 snaps and below a game instead of 60+ and we'll see the player we drafted.
He's a hard working, lunch pail type. Maybe he can embarrass Raji into playing harder.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Will back up Raji at NT, needs a few pounds first. How are we going to store all these guys on the 53?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Only if he plays ******* all 40. He's lazy and unprofessional in my opinion. He's not worth as much as he thinks he is. I would love to see him prove me wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He's playing for a contract this year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Only if he plays ******* all 40. He's lazy and unprofessional in my opinion. He's not worth as much as he thinks he is. I would love to see him prove me wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He's playing for a contract this year.
He may be more inclined to work hard when he knows he doesn't have to pace himself so he doesn't die sometime during the extra 20 snaps.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He may be more inclined to work hard when he knows he doesn't have to pace himself so he doesn't die sometime during the extra 20 snaps.

You may have a point, however, he's shown us this type of inconsistency just about every year. It causes problems for the entire defense. I think it calls his work ethic into question.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Yeah when you can rotate guys and keep them fresh they tend to put in their all on every snap.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010 when things were desperate BJ Raji practically put the entire team on his back, what he was doing 70+ snaps a game was downright inhuman even if he did struggle agains the run occasionally. He's fallen off that standard but you simply can not honestly compare a guy who goes out and plays around 60 snaps a game to a guy like Vince Willfork who rarely touches 40. When Raji's snap count was reduced in the second half of the season last year he suddenly became an impact player again.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It's nice to have a big body to throw in their to spell the guys. I think Datone Jones is going to elevate the play of the entire line. This guy included.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji has been underwhelming, more bodies on the line should raise the bar w the extra competition. Neal, Wilson, Picket, Raji, Boyd, Jones, Jolly, and there was another UDRFA we added as well. It's going to be fun to watch the competition. Hoping we get the best of everybody as a result of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Latest posts