Official CB Micah Hyde thread

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good tackler, Williams House Hayward and Shield were all a little suspect in this area last year.

Reaction score
Pretty good tackler, Williams House Hayward and Shield were all a little suspect in this area last year.
Maybe Williams.. Shields played great and Hayward played outstanding as a rookie... I don't see Hyde getting much playing time at all

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Williams.. Shields played great and Hayward played outstanding as a rookie... I don't see Hyde getting much playing time at all

He doesn't need to get much playing time right away. They might also be preparing for getting rid of Williams after next season or something?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He looks very much like a FS in his highlight reel. I like his anticipation and ball skilss. Kid can catch.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol if this was Tyrann Matheau some ppl on here woulda went crazy because TT only drafts model citizens right? I dont hear some of the people that were trashing Matheau for having off field issues trashing this guy. Nobodys perfect.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol if this was Tyrann Matheau some ppl on here woulda went crazy because TT only drafts model citizens right? I dont hear some of the people that were trashing Matheau for having off field issues trashing this guy. Nobodys perfect.

The difference is that the Honey Badger stopped counting his failed drug tests after the 10th time, and Hyde was arrested once for public intoxication.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I wish they drafted him to play Safety. He'll never make it out of the slot at CB, and with Hayward, House, and probably Tramon all ahead of him, he'll never see the field. Packers.com says he WILL play CB

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Everything I see here has FS written all over it, maybe a dime guy. But I honestly think TT and capers like their CB situation, for them to let woody go so early on, and only draft one db late and safety being a higher priority you would think they have faith in their young cb crop. Sam shields is still a freak, he still has the speed and flashes starting cornerback coverage skills all the time, I see him at worst as our future #2 corner for 4-5 years. Williams and hayward will probably fight for the #1 spot for a couple more years until williams retires or is released. That leaves the nickel spot which will be hayward's or shields spot with house back-up until williams leaves.

That means this kid is gonna play safety, and based on his stats probably free safety with Morgan at SS. However I don't see him or md jennings taking the job from mcmillian, and the fact that TT passed on elam and cyprien probably means he likes mcmillian.

all that being said I wouldn't write this kid off he was a big time player at a big time big-ten school for a long time and he's a football player i bet he makes the team, as we'll probably carry 4 safeties anyways.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind about this kid. He was a good special teams player and a gunner. I think I heard Bush's contract is coming up soon. He may have been selected for Bush's role - i.e. play all special teams and be a super sub for CB and S during games. I mean, he can't be worse than Bush on defense and he's definitely a cheaper option for primarily a ST role.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind about this kid. He was a good special teams player and a gunner. I think I heard Bush's contract is coming up soon. He may have been selected for Bush's role - i.e. play all special teams and be a super sub for CB and S during games. I mean, he can't be worse than Bush on defense and he's definitely a cheaper option for primarily a ST role.
But yes, Bush should be the most afraid of losing his job to Hyde at this point. Until he finally gets reps at FS

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Yeah, that's a fair comparison alright :confused: One guys has many many many drug related charges and other off field issues vs a guy who got a public intoxication......wow.....keep reaching there rodell, doubt you will be able to validate your love for the honey badger with many people on this board.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But yes, Bush should be the most afraid of losing his job to Hyde at this point. Until he finally gets reps at FS

2015 is a far off to be replacing him already, but I agree Bush should be the most afraid...I will admit unless Richardson pulls up the skill level some he I think will be gone for Hyde as well...oh the awesome speculation of post-draft discussion LOVE IT!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
2015 is a far off to be replacing him already, but I agree Bush should be the most afraid...I will admit unless Richardson pulls up the skill level some he I think will be gone for Hyde as well...oh the awesome speculation of post-draft discussion LOVE IT!
Richardson is a SS, he's in no danger of losing his job. Jennings is in a contract year and fits the role Hyde would take. He's the one in danger if Hyde goes FS

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richardson is a SS, he's in no danger of losing his job. Jennings is in a contract year and fits the role Hyde would take. He's the one in danger if Hyde goes FS

Ah, obvious oversight on my part. Jennings is the one that will be motivated the most if Hyde catches fire. I'll be honest people were harping on the fact we needed a S, yes I wouldn't have been against one, but honestly I'm of a similar mindset as TT I think. Our DBs are so young, talented and in some cases raw. I believe Burnett is the beast of the future if he chooses to be. I love McMillian's hard nosed nature, Doc's (Jennings) skill set is plentiful, Richardson from those I've spoken too truly is a raw player with a ceiling some say is not set yet. Add Hyde to that and Chaz (although not a fan personally) and I am a believer in we have our future there somewhere.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, obvious oversight on my part. Jennings is the one that will be motivated the most if Hyde catches fire. I'll be honest people were harping on the fact we needed a S, yes I wouldn't have been against one, but honestly I'm of a similar mindset as TT I think. Our DBs are so young, talented and in some cases raw. I believe Burnett is the beast of the future if he chooses to be. I love McMillian's hard nosed nature, Doc's (Jennings) skill set is plentiful, Richardson from those I've spoken too truly is a raw player with a ceiling some say is not set yet. Add Hyde to that and Chaz (although not a fan personally) and I am a believer in we have our future there somewhere.

To add to that - Burnett played every snap on defense last season. That's remarkable giving his position. And, he has more INT's than Collins had at the same point in their careers. So, we have a reliable and every-developing playmaker back there. He can become a very good S if he continues to progress. And if McMillian can make that jump b/w Y1 and Y2 they always talk about, we may get the physical presence we all want too.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a fair comparison alright :confused: One guys has many many many drug related charges and other off field issues vs a guy who got a public intoxication......wow.....keep reaching there rodell, doubt you will be able to validate your love for the honey badger with many people on this board.

I love the Honey Badgers ability to make game changing plays...that's what i love. Thank you tho.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I love the Honey Badgers ability to make game changing plays...that's what i love. Thank you tho.

well, I will be ready and waiting to serve you up a nice cold slice of humble pie come game time this fall. He may be fast, but NFL wr's will knock him around and make him look like the little chump he is, these aint college boys no more. I hope they put him on Larry Fitzgerald during training camp, I would love to see the film of that.....wonder how toasted badger would taste?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
well, I will be ready and waiting to serve you up a nice cold slice of humble pie come game time this fall. He may be fast, but NFL wr's will knock him around and make him look like the little chump he is, these aint college boys no more. I hope they put him on Larry Fitzgerald during training camp, I would love to see the film of that.....wonder how toasted badger would taste?
Won't happen, he's a FS now

Members online

Latest posts