Official Carolina game

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, contenders do get blown out and lay down in primetime.

2014:
Chiefs 41, Patriots 14 on MNF.
Saints 44, Packers 23 on SNF. Seattle 36, Packers 16 on opening night.
Patriots 42, Colts 2o on SNF.

Three of the four conference championship game teams were whipped on prime time last season.

I'm sure you said the same things after the Saints game last season. I even remember you making a bet that we wouldn't even make the playoffs. We clearly ended up contenders.

Slight correction on one score there but yes this is correct. Contending teams certainly can get blown out even on prime time. Can happen on any given day or night that things go wrong.

Anyhow, this next game is not on prime time so .... I say we go out and make it a prime display of Packer pride. Please Sunday hurry up!!!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that's not the case is it? And no I wouldn't . But I apologize, the team that took the field Sunday Night was actually the Jaguars dressed in Packer uniforms because that's how it looked. But hey!contenders get blown out and lay down on Primetime right? Once again, Packers area good team but I don't see us at the moment beating Denver, New England, Arizona , or even Seattle at the moment. Heck id even add Carolina to that list.

Good lord LAST YEAR'S CHAMPIONS got blown out on a prime time game

D

Deleted member 6794

Eddie Lacey wake up or they need to let Starks get in a groove. Or more pick plays and crossing patterns if they are trying to man up.

With opponents stacking the box Lacy will have a hard time running the ball. Most importantly the Packers will have to get their passing game going.

Yes, contenders do get blown out and lay down in primetime.

2014:
Chiefs 41, Patriots 14 on MNF.
Saints 53, Packers 20 on SNF. Seattle 36, Packers 16 on opening night.
Patriots 42, Colts 2o on SNF.

Three of the four conference championship game teams were whipped on prime time last season.

I'm sure you said the same things after the Saints game last season. I even remember you making a bet that we wouldn't even make the playoffs. We clearly ended up contenders.

While it´s true contender do get blown out in prime time none of the teams you mentioned looked even close to as bad as the Packers on Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 or 7 within 7 yards of LOS and within tackles is not stacking the box. We should be able to run on that consistently if the team is ever to get where they want to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

6 or 7 within 7 yards of LOS and within tackles is not stacking the box. We should be able to run on that consistently if the team is ever to get where they want to go.

Whatever you want to call it with most teams playing the Packers with a single safety high it makes it tougher to run the ball.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With opponents stacking the box Lacy will have a hard time running the ball. Most importantly the Packers will have to get their passing game going.

While it´s true contender do get blown out in prime time none of the teams you mentioned looked even close to as bad as the Packers on Sunday.

Brady got benched

Did those teams have both starting corners leave?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever you want to call it with most teams playing the Packers with a single safety high it makes it tougher to run the ball.
6-7 guys "in the box" is a fairly normal defensive alignment. There's not team in the league that is going to line up in a running formation and find a 3 man defensive front with shell coverage and a single linebacker unless they are down by a couple scores with time running out.

if we can't run on normal defenses, we're in trouble, because right now, we can't pass on the defenses either and hope to catch them playing pass.

D

Deleted member 6794

Brady got benched

Did those teams have both starting corners leave?

Quinten Rollins isn´t a starting corner. Once again, I still believe the Packers are one of the favourites to win the Super Bowl but there´s absolutely no denying that the performance on Sunday was abysmal and worse than any of the teams mentioned above.

D

Deleted member 6794

6-7 guys "in the box" is a fairly normal defensive alignment. There's not team in the league that is going to line up in a running formation and find a 3 man defensive front with shell coverage and a single linebacker unless they are down by a couple scores with time running out.

if we can't run on normal defenses, we're in trouble, because right now, we can't pass on the defenses either and hope to catch them playing pass.

The Broncos constantly had at least seven defenders in the box with only one single safety high and three corner covering the Packers receivers one-on-one. During the first two years of Lacy´s career opponents mostly played with two safeties deep making it way easier to run the ball.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinten Rollins isn´t a starting corner. Once again, I still believe the Packers are one of the favourites to win the Super Bowl but there´s absolutely no denying that the performance on Sunday was abysmal and worse than any of the teams mentioned above.

The Chargers and Broncos weren't having any problems with Shields and Rollins in the game ,either.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must have not seen that Patriots game last season. That was awful. And despite the yardage difference, the final score of the Broncos game was a smaller difference than all those games I just listed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Broncos constantly had at least seven defenders in the box with only one single safety high and three corner covering the Packers receivers one-on-one. During the first two years of Lacy´s career opponents mostly played with two safeties deep making it way easier to run the ball.
and 7 in the box is relatively common. I don't care if they walked a safety down to make it 7, it's better than another linebacker making 7. I counted too and it was usually 7, and we should be able to run against it. it's not an unusual defense and it's not one people typically associate with "stacking" the box

D

Deleted member 6794

You must have not seen that Patriots game last season. That was awful. And despite the yardage difference, the final score of the Broncos game was a smaller difference than all those games I just listed.

I watched the Patriots game vs. the Chiefs last year and while there´s no doubt that was bad as well IMO the Packers played even worse on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

and 7 in the box is relatively common. I don't care if they walked a safety down to make it 7, it's better than another linebacker making 7. I counted too and it was usually 7, and we should be able to run against it. it's not an unusual defense and it's not one people typically associate with "stacking" the box

I´ve never mentioned that the Broncos did anything unusual to stop the run. The Packers didn´t see a lot of 7-man boxes during Lacy´s first two seasons because of the potent team´s passing game though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´ve never mentioned that the Broncos did anything unusual to stop the run. The Packers didn´t see a lot of 7-man boxes during Lacy´s first two seasons because of the potent team´s passing game though.
you said they were stacking the box to stop the run. 7 isn't stacking the box, it's a typical base defense. If we can't consistently get 4 yards or more against a base defense we'll get more what what we saw the past couple weeks, a sputtering, ineffective offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

you said they were stacking the box to stop the run. 7 isn't stacking the box, it's a typical base defense. If we can't consistently get 4 yards or more against a base defense we'll get more what what we saw the past couple weeks, a sputtering, ineffective offense.

The Packers seldom faced seven in the box during the last few years because opponents feared the deep ball. It was a poor choice of words by me but with teams playing only a single safety high it´s true that the team now has troubles running the ball with more defenders in the box.

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Report from a news source the day after the Patriots got beaten 41-14 on prime time:

"The Chiefs drubbed the Patriots, 41-14, in a game that only raised more questions about the personnel on the Patriots’ roster as well as the coaching, and whether either is good enough to bring a perennial playoff contender back for another deep postseason run."

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers seldom faced seven in the box during the last few years because opponents feared the deep ball. It was a poor choice of words by me but with teams playing only a single safety high it´s true that the team now has troubles running the ball with more defenders in the box.

This is true, in particular teams are bringing up safeties to squat on Cobb's slot routes. In the event of a run the safety will be in prime position to play run support.

I'd like to see them give Jared Abbrederis a shot on Offense. Back in college he had the best deep moves and separation ability in the Country. His game against Ohio State, even with them knowing that he was the only passing threat. Even with them having a future first rounder in coverage Jared Abbrederis flat out scorched OSUs secondary.

I mean look at this, look at how fast fluid and graceful this double move is. The first move is slightly exaggerated but the second move he turns on a dime and accelerates upfield. Bradley Roby is left looking like Wiley Coyote frantically trying to grab onto the cliff. He tries to grab Abby's jersey but even that doesn't work. A better thrown ball and thats an easy touchdown.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

This is true, in particular teams are bringing up safeties to squat on Cobb's slot routes. In the event of a run the safety will be in prime position to play run support.

I'd like to see them give Jared Abbrederis a shot on Offense. Back in college he had the best deep moves and separation ability in the Country. His game against Ohio State, even with them knowing that he was the only passing threat. Even with them having a future first rounder in coverage Jared Abbrederis flat out scorched OSUs secondary.

I was wondering about that as well, especially after Abbrederis schooled Roby during their last encounter in college with 10 catches for 207 yards and 1 TD with Joel Stave throwing the ball. On Sunday, none of our receivers were able to get open against Roby.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It won't be a cake walk. Not like the other games where they were involved but will it not? This Carolina team relied on a "rain storm" to win that game against the Colts. Is it gonna rain like no tomorrow on Sunday? Not! My phone says no.

Go look up Pack covering the spread against the loss in Rodgers era and please don't include Flynn and Tolzien to your stats. Do some simple research and find we are not gonna lose this game. It could happen I guess. Here is what I know.

Carolina can't run the same "personnel vs scheme" that Denver was able too that made my "eyes hurt," Those announcers pissed me off actually(Hey you Chris, "bony spine receiver club." ) BENGALS= LMAOis

I break this one down on Thursday but guess who is Winning?

GO PACK GO!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
"Timing is Perfect" Please follow up later.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Patriots game vs. the Chiefs last year and while there´s no doubt that was bad as well IMO the Packers played even worse on Sunday.

It's worth noting the Broncos team the Packers played is a much better team than the Chiefs were last season.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's worth noting the Broncos team the Packers played is a much better team than the Chiefs were last season.

That doesn´t change the fact that the Packers performance was abysmal.

Members online

Latest posts