Official Carolina game

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's that I had the Packers losing to the Broncos since the schedule came out?

Maybe it's because my preseason prediction for this point in the year was 5-2 not 6-1?

Maybe it's because I've seen offenses struggle through parts of the season and then start clicking year after year?

Or maybe it's that I understand teams have peaks and valleys every year and am just preferring it happens now rather then later?

All of those are reasons why I'm NOT concerned about this team moving forward. With us going to Carolina after being whooped by Denver I'd say the adage "matchups makes fights" is applicable.

Offensively we match up horribly with Denvers D. Dynamic outside LBs and arguably the best CB trio in the league are not something the Packers will thrive against, though I will say I thought they'd play better.

But the Panthers while possessing a great D in their own right are built differently. Kuechly is a beast yes but seriously in terms of the matchup his impact will be slowing down Lacy in this game. It's on Cobb, Jones and Adams to get separation in this one to win. Has been before the season. It's the same thing now.

Offensively Carolina seems like a worse version of Seattle with not as many weapons and a QB more prone to TOs. So as long as Clay is able to go I won't fret to much about them racking up points.

I won't predict the offense starts rolling this week just out of respect to the Panthers D coupled with their road woes but honestly I don't see them having to do that to win. This is the type of match our D has owned this year.

20-10 Packers. The D comes up big this week

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances. We just have to show up ready to play hard.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it look bad if MM took the playcalling back?

D

Deleted member 6794

There´s a lot of optimism here and it seems a lot of posters underestimate the Panthers defense. They´re the only team with a better opponents passer rating allowed than the Broncos. While I expect the Packers to play way better than vs. Denver this game isn´t a cakewalk by any means.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wont be a cake walk

Haven't caught them this year, if they play good bump n run coverage we lose by 2-3 scores after our offense flops again. If they have a mediocre to average secondary we have a good chance to win.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing as the past few games. Protect Rodgers and get to the opposing QB and we'll win.

gsopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Charlotte and am going to the game as well. Parking is confined to small lots surrounding the stadium, but you shouldn't have a problem finding Packer fans tailgating. We are always well represented at Bank of America stadium. I'm not aware of any Saturday night festivities, but the uptown area has a lot to offer in terms of nightlife.
Thanks for the reply - lets hope our Offense finds its legs as well as I find some fellow cheesheads to rub shoulders with!!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacey wake up or they need to let Starks get in a groove. Or more pick plays and crossing patterns if they are trying to man up. Defense needs to set the tone hit somebody , swarm to the ball. PEPPERS wake up buddy turn that corner.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacey wake up or they need to let Starks get in a groove. Or more pick plays and crossing patterns if they are trying to man up. Defense needs to set the tone hit somebody , swarm to the ball. PEPPERS wake up buddy turn that corner.
Lacy looked better last game. I hope he continues to get his groove back, we need him to. Badly.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man we have some of the most nieve fans smh. Let's just call it what it is...bad offense with a enigmatic defense. Everybody including myself got excited about the defense through the first couple of games because they were ranked high haha. But the San Diego game bought me quickly back down to earth as I realized we had played some cupcake offenses.

The offense is just as bad ...as the play calling is lame and predictable and Cobb isn't being utilized based on his unique skillset. Our best pass play has been Rodgers scrambling on a broken play and finding an occasional wr downfield.

Say what you will but this doesn't look like a SB contender. The schedule gets tougher to!

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's that I had the Packers losing to the Broncos since the schedule came out?

Maybe it's because my preseason prediction for this point in the year was 5-2 not 6-1?

Maybe it's because I've seen offenses struggle through parts of the season and then start clicking year after year?

Or maybe it's that I understand teams have peaks and valleys every year and am just preferring it happens now rather then later?

All of those are reasons why I'm NOT concerned about this team moving forward. With us going to Carolina after being whooped by Denver I'd say the adage "matchups makes fights" is applicable.

Offensively we match up horribly with Denvers D. Dynamic outside LBs and arguably the best CB trio in the league are not something the Packers will thrive against, though I will say I thought they'd play better.

But the Panthers while possessing a great D in their own right are built differently. Kuechly is a beast yes but seriously in terms of the matchup his impact will be slowing down Lacy in this game. It's on Cobb, Jones and Adams to get separation in this one to win. Has been before the season. It's the same thing now.

Offensively Carolina seems like a worse version of Seattle with not as many weapons and a QB more prone to TOs. So as long as Clay is able to go I won't fret to much about them racking up points.

I won't predict the offense starts rolling this week just out of respect to the Panthers D coupled with their road woes but honestly I don't see them having to do that to win. This is the type of match our D has owned this year.

20-10 Packers. The D comes up big this week

I really like and agree with your analysis (though I see more of a 24-20 type score - Pack wins).

I will say this, however, if GB can't shut down the Panthers' woebegone receiving corps (not the TE Olson, but the WRs) then something is really, really wrong.

Without Benjamin, Carolina is sending out a bunch of scrubs, retreads, and rookies to catch balls from Cam. The Pack has too much talent in the secondary (assuming Shields and Rollins are a go) to allow another big passing performance against them.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man we have some of the most nieve fans smh. Let's just call it what it is...bad offense with a enigmatic defense. Everybody including myself got excited about the defense through the first couple of games because they were ranked high haha. But the San Diego game bought me quickly back down to earth as I realized we had played some cupcake offenses.

The offense is just as bad ...as the play calling is lame and predictable and Cobb isn't being utilized based on his unique skillset. Our best pass play has been Rodgers scrambling on a broken play and finding an occasional wr downfield.

Say what you will but this doesn't look like a SB contender. The schedule gets tougher to!

Which is why us fans take it one week at a time and understand the playoffs start in January, not November. And I think you could point to games for just about every team in the league where they don't look like Superbowl contenders. Long long way to go though and right now, I'm just focused on beating Carolina which I am more than confident we will do.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why us fans take it one week at a time and understand the playoffs start in January, not November. And I think you could point to games for just about every team in the league where they don't look like Superbowl contenders. Long long way to go though and right now, I'm just focused on beating Carolina which I am more than confident we will do.

I like your optimism!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We could probably be 10-0 with all blow outs, lose a close game to a great team, and Rodell would still say then we aren't a contender.

There's no doubt the Packers are Super Bowl contenders. They have been for years now and 2 games doesn't change that.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Back when I became a Packer fan (mid 70s) they were pretty bad and they stayed pretty bad for a long time. The only thing that kept me from throwing in the towel was the fact that each week brought a new game. Yeah, chances were pretty good that the results would be the same (another loss) but there was also a chance for a more positive outcome. If was the type of fan who looked at it like "what's the point we won't win the SB anyway" I doubt I would be here now. I can't figure out why anyone would invest so much time if they honestly believe they are just going to end up disappointed in the end.

I don't know, maybe it's some form of emotional protection. As someone pointed out to me expectation is a precursor to disappointment. If you don't expect much you won't be disappointed and if, by some miracle, they do win it all the victory is that much sweeter.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back when I became a Packer fan (mid 70s) they were pretty bad and they stayed pretty bad for a long time. The only thing that kept me from throwing in the towel was the fact that each week brought a new game. Yeah, chances were pretty good that the results would be the same (another loss) but there was also a chance for a more positive outcome. If was the type of fan who looked at it like "what's the point we won't win the SB anyway" I doubt I would be here now. I can't figure out why anyone would invest so much time if they honestly believe they are just going to end up disappointed in the end.

I don't know, maybe it's some form of emotional protection. As someone pointed out to me expectation is a precursor to disappointment. If you don't expect much you won't be disappointed and if, by some miracle, they do win it all the victory is that much sweeter.

And I think that kind of highlights to me that we the younger fans really don't know what it means to have a mediocre to bad team. Since Ron Wolf took over front office management of this team, we've only had 2 losing seasons (2005 and 2008), 2 500 seasons (1999 and 2006), and 6 seasons we didn't make the playoffs (1992, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, and 2008). That's one of the best in the NFL over that time period, and the only other team you could point at as having that kind of perennial success is the New England Patriots. Sure I'd love to have more Superbowl trophies to add to these years, but I just feel that they will come if not this year, the next or soon after. Rodgers's prime will not be wasted, as some critics like to say.

Now back on topic to the game at hand, to me it feels like almost the same situation as 3 years ago when we went down to Houston. We were 2-3 at the time, they were 5-0, we weren't winning games in our typical Packer blowout fashion and the media was calling us out as a team having problems and Rodgers losing it, whatever. Rodgers came out and just told them to shut up down there in Houston and had a career game throwing 6 TDs and lit them up. Last year same thing, we're sitting 1-2 and looking anything but Superbowl caliber and got held to 7 points in Detroit. We answer the bell by going 11-2, knocking off the eventual champs the Pats, and make it to the NFC Championship game.

All that to say, this team throughout Rodgers's time here has answered the bell every time they were questioned. I see this next game as being no different.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could probably be 10-0 with all blow outs, lose a close game to a great team, and Rodell would still say then we aren't a contender.

There's no doubt the Packers are Super Bowl contenders. They have been for years now and 2 games doesn't chage that.

But that's not the case is it? And no I wouldn't . But I apologize, the team that took the field Sunday Night was actually the Jaguars dressed in Packer uniforms because that's how it looked. But hey!contenders get blown out and lay down on Primetime right? Once again, Packers area good team but I don't see us at the moment beating Denver, New England, Arizona , or even Seattle at the moment. Heck id even add Carolina to that list.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that's not the case is it? And no I wouldn't . But I apologize, the team that took the field Sunday Night was actually the Jaguars dressed in Packer uniforms because that's how it looked. But hey!contenders get blown out and lay down on Primetime right? Once again, Packers area good team but I don't see us at the moment beating Denver, New England, Arizona , or even Seattle at the moment. Heck id even add Carolina to that list.

Yes, contenders do get blown out and lay down in primetime.

2014:
Chiefs 41, Patriots 14 on MNF.
Saints 53, Packers 20 on SNF. Seattle 36, Packers 16 on opening night.
Patriots 42, Colts 2o on SNF.

Three of the four conference championship game teams were whipped on prime time last season.

I'm sure you said the same things after the Saints game last season. I even remember you making a bet that we wouldn't even make the playoffs. We clearly ended up contenders.

Members online

Latest posts