*** Official Brandon Chillar VS Brady Poppinga ***

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady Poppinga
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight: 245 lb (111 kg)
28 Years Old

Career Stats

Stats (2007) :

Total Tackles : 50
Solo Tackles : 43
Assists : 7
Sacks : 0
Pass Def : 1
Int : 1

VERSUS

Brandon Chillar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight: 242 lb (110 kg)
25 Years old

Career Stats

Stats (2007) :

Total Tackles : 65
Solo Tackles : 52
Assists : 13
Sacks : 2.5
Pass Def : 3
Int : 0

Stats / Career ... Shows Chillar is having a better career then Poppinga but it won't be a guarantee that he would get the spot just by his stats ... I'm a fan of both ... but i really think Chillar will be getting the roster spot ... how about you guys ?

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fact that Chillar is still young 25 wow ... if he keeps up the way his playing he could just be the starter at GB for years to come

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chillar will win Cos he can do everything that brady does And cover a t.e The only bad mark on chillar Is he cant biltz as much as brady so it might be worth keeping both around

looks like i need a new sig

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are keeping both... and ive read several places that Chillar isnt an outstanding cover guy either. more side to side range than Brady. but not a cover guy.

Brady was better in coverage last year towards the end. and he is a blitzing LBer... so i think using both in their own specific way is the ticket.

may the best camper win.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppinga will be used a lot on passing downs. He was a DE at BYU and can probably rush the passer better. Chillar will be used in short yardage run situations. As for who starts? My vote is Poppinga. I thought he improved a lot last year as the season went on.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppinga will be used a lot on passing downs. He was a DE at BYU and can probably rush the passer better. Chillar will be used in short yardage run situations. As for who starts? My vote is Poppinga. I thought he improved a lot last year as the season went on.

:agree:

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cool, maybe he can muster up at least a half a sack next year!
My vote was Chillar... but I'm a known Poppinga ouster

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know much about Chillar, but I'd say Poppinga, cuz he's consistently improved(growth from within, *****es) and cuz I like to say "Swarmin Mormon!"

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read, it sounds like Chillar is better, so I'd say he is more likely to start. They can fight it out in training camp, though. I am intrigued by the reports that Chillar is a better cover guy than Poppinga AND he had 2.5 sacks last year.

Poppinga is good at the line of scrimmage, but he seems to lose his playmaking abilities farther downfield.

What I like best about the Chillar signing is how it upgrades our LB depth.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I just imagining things when someone mentioned the Packers might move to a 3-4 with Harrell playing the nose?

Despite living near St. Louis, I don't know much of this guy, but he looks to be decent. Combine that he's young, and will get to play with Barnett and Hawk, hopefully he even can get better. Looking at Rams boards, they're not happy he's gone.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I just imagining things when someone mentioned the Packers might move to a 3-4 with Harrell playing the nose?

Either you are just imagining things, or somebody else is. Somebody here would've heard about that by now. Our DC is strictly a 4-3 guy. If Harrell plays the nose, where would that leave Ryan Pickett? I just don't see our personnel fitting that system at all.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this mean poppinga could be used as a DE to rest kampman

That's what I heard. Brady will be an OLB and situational DE.

Kampman, as awesome as he is, simply took too many snaps last season. I'd love to see him rested more so he could do more damage to opposing Os.

Members online

Latest posts