Official Bengals Thread

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick at center OTOH doesn't thrill me either. Can he play center? Sure. Is he better than ok at it? No. He's a decent guard but a crappy center. Expect one bad shotgun snap off to the side whenever he has to pull

Patrick actually did a pretty good job, but have to throw props your way for calling that shanked snap! Glad Jones ran with it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder. All of Crosby's misses are just to the right. Even his makes lately are just inside the right post. Didn't see the final kick today as NFL ticket decided to look at Dallas while they were getting ready to start their game. Anyway, I'm just wondering if Crosby is a little gun shy from our poor blocking on the end of our right side. The opposition has been getting in there fast from that side. Wish I had faith that someone was looking at this situation and making adjustments. But I don't. It's like Mason is having to use half the area to make his shot.
He said later I was trying to adjust for the cross winds and he just picked a bad line.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said later I was trying to adjust for the cross winds and he just picked a bad line.
I had meant to say the kicks were just to the left of the post but I guess you figured that out. Yes the wind was blowing that way because I remember their kicker hitting the flag up top of the pole on a miss. But so Crosby's line should have been aiming at the right side where the rush has been coming from. Hard to believe he has confidence to do that.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had meant to say the kicks were just to the left of the post but I guess you figured that out. Yes the wind was blowing that way because I remember their kicker hitting the flag up top of the pole on a miss. But so Crosby's line should have been aiming at the right side where the rush has been coming from. Hard to believe he has confidence to do that.
I think in our first four games the winds were very light and we even had flags that were limp. We do not come to Cincy much. He may not have had it quite right. Now if he was indoors then something would definitely be off.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again...ALL W's are good W's but this was the ugliest W in recorded history. lol
the offense is good (not great) but then goes brain dead in the red zone (bottom of the league). the D has given up 17 straight red zone TD's (bottom of the league).

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again...ALL W's are good W's but this was the ugliest W in recorded history. lol
the offense is good (not great) but then goes brain dead in the red zone (bottom of the league). the D has given up 17 straight red zone TD's (bottom of the league).
I wish they never invented the red zone.

Members online

Latest posts