Official Bengals Thread

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Myers is out MLF just said, unless I misheard. Someone please tell me I misheard
You didn't mishear.

Finger issue. Doctors won't let him play this week, but doesn't see it as an issue moving forward. Likely a 1 game absence.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well. Baldinger is picking the Bengals. Says their D line will shutdown our run game. And Burrows will win an air war with Rodgers. The extra 3 days off helps them. OK. But a great comeback to win against the Jaguars by 3? When have the Jags beat anyone lately. They did beat the Vikings who had 13 penalties and a fumble in OT. And the unimpressive Steelers fell to them. Are we that bad? Are they that good? Tell me Cincy is tougher than Frisco at home. No way. We need to go out and hit them hard.

The quality of a football team is measured in seasons, not individual games.

I think the Bengals are pretty solid this year, and the Packers are markedly better.

But that doesn't mean that things can't be lined up just right for them to get us in this particular outing.

And I'll reiterate-- I don't think it's a clear call. It's just a lean.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The quality of a football team is measured in seasons, not individual games.

I think the Bengals are pretty solid this year, and the Packers are markedly better.

But that doesn't mean that things can't be lined up just right for them to get us in this particular outing.

And I'll reiterate-- I don't think it's a clear call. It's just a lean.
We have not won in Cincy in quite a while? Trying to remember their QB. Was Reggie still with us?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dantes is right that the Packers are clearly the better football team. But it's a strange matchup.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes is right that the Packers are clearly the better football team. But it's a strange matchup.
I remember we were expecting quite a fight when we were there in 2013. They knocked out 2 of our running backs and the last guy fumbled near the end of the game. I just hope this team does not get physically manhandled like that one did. If it took OT to beat the Vikings on one of their worst days we should be able to pull off another 30-28 game.

Reaction score
Hopefully they don’t take early advantage of our banged up secondary. It would be wise to send 5 more regular to get more 1-1 matchups and get some pressure on Burrow to get the ball out quicker.

PS. Whatever we do.. don’t leave him Home Alone!

Attachments

• 0EDFEF9C-43E9-4D02-8622-3A3597CC6E1E.jpeg
    0EDFEF9C-43E9-4D02-8622-3A3597CC6E1E.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 3CAD355D-D086-42B8-AD4E-C2949DE0FF57.jpeg
    3CAD355D-D086-42B8-AD4E-C2949DE0FF57.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 135
Reaction score
The question if Jenkins is a go is if we are stronger as a whole with him at LT and Patrick at center or keeping Yosh at LT and Jenkins at center.
That’s the beauty. Elgton can play C, LG or LT at a pretty high level. Coming off an ankle injury it seems probable to keep him inside until he’s fully battle tested. Just seems playing Inside would be more stationary and a little less stress on the ankle.
Either way the OL is instantly better with Elgton on the field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question if Jenkins is a go is if we are stronger as a whole with him at LT and Patrick at center or keeping Yosh at LT and Jenkins at center.
I don't know why you would change things up from what has been working. Jenkins at center right now will not weaken what has been working. Anything else is taking a chance.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick can play center, Elgton at LG, Njiman at LT...the versatility of our Oline makes me think they can function pretty well, but I digress. The dline will decide this game. Cincy's 3rd quarter offensive adjustments are why they are 3-1. Outscoring 34-7 this season in the 3rd. I think this will be a shoot out, and King if he can go will give up at least 1-2 scores. This isn't the Bungles of the past, they are up and coming. This game is more important than we think.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If Jenkins' ankle is up to it, he is more valuable by far at LT. Nijman is getting by but he is also getting help from the TE/RB chipping before going out. That is changing some of the play options. Patrick at center OTOH doesn't thrill me either. Can he play center? Sure. Is he better than ok at it? No. He's a decent guard but a crappy center. Expect one bad shotgun snap off to the side whenever he has to pull and a couple of short snaps. I hope Hanson will beat him out for the start if needed. Patrick is at best a "we can get thru the game if he replaces the starter but we need more next week" type of center. Similar to Crosby being the punter to finish the game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jenkins' ankle is up to it, he is more valuable by far at LT. Nijman is getting by but he is also getting help from the TE/RB chipping before going out. That is changing some of the play options. Patrick at center OTOH doesn't thrill me either. Can he play center? Sure. Is he better than ok at it? No. He's a decent guard but a crappy center. Expect one bad shotgun snap off to the side whenever he has to pull and a couple of short snaps. I hope Hanson will beat him out for the start if needed. Patrick is at best a "we can get thru the game if he replaces the starter but we need more next week" type of center. Similar to Crosby being the punter to finish the game.
I think a bum ankle limits Elgton on movement, unless he is 100 pct. His best place is LG. The center position is really concerning. Patrick seems to be an option and Hanson looked terrible in preseason, we shall see. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about Crosby punting again LOL. Don't get Buggy started on Mason...:cautious::D

Reaction score
I think a bum ankle limits Elgton on movement, unless he is 100 pct. His best place is LG. The center position is really concerning. Patrick seems to be an option and Hanson looked terrible in preseason, we shall see. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about Crosby punting again LOL. Don't get Buggy started on Mason...:cautious::D
That’s my thought also. Let’s face it, LG is Elgton’s natural position here in GB. I’m not putting him at Rodger’s blindside unless he’s 100%. I hope they don’t experiment with his ankle over there if he’s not healed up good. Put Marcedes and Elgton bookends on Nijman and he’s fine. Last thing we need is a setback with Elgton.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut says protect Jenkins healing at LG like many said, and Patrick has to go at center. We shall see

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess one wasn't created..

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not by a mod but…

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not by a mod but…
he did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night

Cincinnati Smeagol

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. Baldinger is picking the Bengals. Says their D line will shutdown our run game. And Burrows will win an air war with Rodgers. The extra 3 days off helps them. OK. But a great comeback to win against the Jaguars by 3? When have the Jags beat anyone lately. They did beat the Vikings who had 13 penalties and a fumble in OT. And the unimpressive Steelers fell to them. Are we that bad? Are they that good? Tell me Cincy is tougher than Frisco at home. No way. We need to go out and hit them hard.
When was the last time Baldinger picked a winner? This bodes bad for my team.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is 1-2 against the Bengals with a 88 passer rating with 3 Tds and 2 ints. For some reason they always give him fits. Hopefully we don’t have to score a ton today and the defense does it’s job. Pass rush has to be on point they have some skilled WRs

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers inactives today:

Rasul Douglas
Jack Heflin
Elgton Jenkins
Josh Myers
Vernon Scott
Jaylon Smith
There are 4 that I wish were playing on that list. So whoever is up good luck. This will be a tough one today for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts