Honorable Mention Studs
Mason 5/5 2FG 3XPM
O’Donnel 61.0 per (2 Punts)
D Leavitt 2 ST tackles

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - OL consistency, I think Bahk is done to be 100% honest... time to plan/move to the plan after him, just eat that HUGE signing bonus and cut him(or maybe he'll retire)

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Major Stud: A Jones, Rodgers stock ownership on Da Bears
Dud: turn overs, run D, special teams
that *near touchdown* drive is questionable on the Run D... there was clearly a LOT of holding on Devondre but we still didn't give up any points.. i'll take it

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Stud AJ33, Watkins, Preston, Q, Gary
Dud Jenkins -- definitely a lot of rust to knock off early, most of the successful runs went left of center.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud on offense- A.Jones for obvious reasons.
Honorable mention Cobb/Watkins for timely and big catches for this team.
Studs Defense-
Gary, Preston, Alexander
Honorable mentions, Rasul with some big plays early when we needed them.

Duds? Tackling at times though some our guys were getting tackled while making a tackling attempt. But overall, a couple shady spots dimming an otherwise pretty good night.
Meyers early Some bad blocking and then I think an early snap. May have been timing by rookie WR that was off, but I think it was on Meyers. could have been a big turning point.

Pass Pro in the first half. Run game saved them, but 1st half protections sucked to say the least.

and Rodgers/Dillon, also could have been a big turning point killing a great drive. They weren't duds as players, but that play was. I think Dillon for some reason started bellying back for some reason like he wsa going to take it wide and Aaron was trying to adjust to him and it just screwed the whole play. To me it looked like inside handoff the entire way and it looked to be blocked that Dillon takes it starting left, but could immediately play his leg and cut back right the way it was blocked up. Collinsworth thought differently but then they were looking at Fields' right hand like it had a ball in it later in the game so not sure they see it so clearly anymore. I'd like to see another replay.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: D. Campbell. How does Chicago run wild on the D & our starting ILB only gets 2 solo tackles & 2 assisted tackles? Where was he watching the game?...certainly wasn't much of a participant.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Jones. Dude absolutely took over this game. Every time he touched the ball tonight he was a man on a mission. It was nice to see how LaFleur used him in the backfield with Jones. Both really complemented each other well.

Run blocking. The offensive line was in synch during most of the game when it came to the run game. Pull blocks looked so smooth. TEs did a good job on crack blocks and OL sealed up well.

Preston Smith. He was so patient at holding down the edge. He didn't get fooled when the play would go away from him. His first sack had me excited. Technique rush hugging the tackle tight. Along with Smith, Gary had a solid performance. These two really do a good job playing force on the edge.

Duds: Jenkins. I know he won't be at 100% right off the bat and he has some work to do, but some of his drops in pass pro were downright ugly early on in the game. He fared well in the run game, but got crossed up several times against the pass rush.

Watson. Again, I know he's young but a lot of miscues were fundamental things.

Inside linebackers. It felt like neither one could shed a block when they were running between the tackles. Felt like they were so slow on filling gaps, especially in the third and fourth quarter.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Defense: P. Smith, Gary, Alexander
Offense: Jones, Rodgers, Watkins

O-line was good for the most part. 203 yds total rushing. Little shaky on pass protection.

Special teams look much improved from last year. No major gaffs. FG operation much more smooth.

Duds
Defense: interior D-line and ILB's got dominated in the run game.

Offense: Nijman gave up 2 sacks. Meyers gave up penetration on a couple of runs which were blown up.

Overall, the game plan was solid. Get more touches for Jones and Dillon. Opened up the play action game for Rodgers.

Except for the run defense, the team showed improvement. Now whether they can go into Tampa Bay and get a win looks like a tall order.

Reaction score
I forgot my Duds.

The OL was suspect as a group. I saw several plays where Myers and Nij and Jenkins whiffed. But the worst ones were Nij giving a small push (which did little to nothing) and allowing a free run at #12. Myers completely missed a block for Dillon which resulted in -5 and basically got manhandled inside on several plays forcing #12 to Run for his life. Lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Some bad blocking and then I think an early snap. May have been timing by rookie WR that was off, but I think it was on Meyers. could have been a big turning point.
Rodgers in his presser just agreed with you on this.
and Rodgers/Dillon, also could have been a big turning point killing a great drive. They weren't duds as players, but that play was. I think Dillon for some reason started bellying back for some reason like he wsa going to take it wide and Aaron was trying to adjust to him and it just screwed the whole play. To me it looked like inside handoff the entire way and it looked to be blocked that Dillon takes it starting left, but could immediately play his leg and cut back right the way it was blocked up.
Rodgers again in his presser took the blame for this. He turned the wrong way IIRC.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Dud for Amari again. Fumbled one return and then I swear on the decent KR he had he lost control of the ball but it just slid down him and he didn’t lose it. He needs to be way more secure with that ball.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Dud for Amari again. Fumbled one return and then I swear on the decent KR he had he lost control of the ball but it just slid down him and he didn’t lose it. He needs to be way more secure with that ball.
I’m anxiously awaiting the day where we can have a legit special teams unit. A few big ST plays can bust a game wide open.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Gary, P Smith, Douglas, Arron Jones, Rodgers

Duds
Misques, Amari Rodgers almost causing disaster with a fumble, Questionable O-Line.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds - OL consistency, I think Bahk is done to be 100% honest... time to plan/move to the plan after him, just eat that HUGE signing bonus and cut him(or maybe he'll retire)

The Packers can't afford to move on from Bakhtiari at this point.

That clears that up, Rodgers said he screwed up the action on the exchange with Dillon.

That can't be true, Rodgers never takes blame for any of his mistakes :D

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can't afford to move on from Bakhtiari at this point.

That can't be true, Rodgers never takes blame for any of his mistakes :D

When it is clear and obvious he does :)

Everyone with half a football brain cell could tell it was his miscue on the fumble. Crap happens is what I chalked it up as...kinda like the snap that hit Watson...you use the jet sweep motion enough that stuff is bound to happen.

Members online

Latest posts