Official ALL Badger hating thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know how you can call for Bielema's head when he's only gone 61-20 in his head coaching career at UW, and he's made a bowl game every single year he's lead the Badgers (something his predecessor, Barry Alvarez, did not). If you're saying Paul Chryst ran the show, remember, he was the OC on the 2008 team that was 7-6.

I understand the frustration everyone has - absolutely shouldn't lose a game like Saturday's, with only 207 yards of total yards (64 first half) and Ball shouldn't be getting only 15 carries. Bielema said it was on him, and Canada took his share of the blame yesterday. In the past with the Rose Bowls and time management issues, among other things, that is on him, but don't forget the better recruits he's bringing in, the new stadium additions they've added, and the fact this program (which Alvarez, of course, did bring up to national recognition from the cesspool known as the basement of the Big 10) has been in the national spotlight for the past few years - especially with having two ESPN College Gamedays in Madison in consecutive years.

Bielema, in my not-so-professional opinion, does need to take that step for the program to go from always contending for the Big Ten title to always contending for the National Championship. I think he's getting there, but with having to replace 6 (now 7, with 3 O-Line coaches in 9 months) assistants from a year ago (a solid sign of a strong program with assistants becoming head coaches and leaving to move up their respective ranks), this may turn more into a rebuilding year than a reloading year. Everyone set their sights too high, but also take into account there hasn't been a 3-peat of heading back to the Rose Bowl for a Big Ten Team in 30 or 40 years.

It does show you though how special the 2010 and 2011 teams we had, and the opportunities that were squandered. If it's not for two Hail Marys, we're in the national championship picture last year.

Anywho, feel free to listen to our sports podcast we taped yesterday, venting about the horrible loss - we go on for the first 35 minutes or so about this - http://kielbasakingssportsextravaganza.podbean.com

100% agree. The over reaction by fans is incredible.

L

Lunchboxer

He sucks. Gave up a 17 unanswered point lead and lost the friggen game. Also Fire the OL coach. No Push tonight what so ever. Montee Ball was also crap tonight.

BB era has officially ended tonight.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So why were they up by 17 to start with?

And if he isnt fired, then how can it be official?

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching this game - I have to admit, it was too close. WI should have lost by a lot more. Montee Ball a Heisman candidate? News flash to national press and media - It was the UW LINE last year that shouldve been the Heisman candidates, not Ball. Without that line he now looks like a shrunken head. Gordon is a better back than he is IMHO.

L

Lunchboxer

Waiting for this thread from you if Packers lose tomorrow

A thread like this if the packers lose would make me look ridiculous.

I would If there is a reason to fire someone on the coaching staff.

Capers hes looking okay. But a poor effort will land him in hot water.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A thread like this if the packers lose would make me look ridiculous.

I would If there is a reason to fire someone on the coaching staff.

Capers hes looking okay. But a poor effort will land him in hot water.

ahhh

So 19 points per game

only 3 tds in 3 games by NFL MVP

horrible offensive showing in playoffs

Allowed 16 sacks in 3 games

Take your pick who could be fired on the offensive side.

but yeah Packers are doing so much better than the Badgers

L

Lunchboxer

ahhh

So 19 points per game

only 3 tds in 3 games by NFL MVP

horrible offensive showing in playoffs

Allowed 16 sacks in 3 games

Take your pick who could be fired on the offensive side.

but yeah Packers are doing so much better than the Badgers

If you take away the game Packers got Robbed they be 2-1 Badgers 3-2.

Still early in the season for Arron Rodgers. Did you think he could repeat the numbers he put up last season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you take away the game Packers got Robbed they be 2-1 Badgers 3-2.

Still early in the season for Arron Rodgers. Did you think he could repeat the numbers he put up last season?

Never mentioned their record...Mentioned Rodgers and his 3 tds in 3 games..

3 games, 3 tds that is NOT NFL MVP like at all..To me someone should be fired for that

L

Lunchboxer

Never mentioned their record...Mentioned Rodgers and his 3 tds in 3 games..

3 games, 3 tds that is NOT NFL MVP like at all..To me someone should be fired for that

Hes doing his best. If the OL gave him time to make a play he would be at MVP levels.

Still early in season to make a call just yet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BB 5th highest winning % among active coaches... yeah he should be fired... LOL

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's his win % in bowl games, when it matters most? Interested to hear because coaches have gotten fired for less, just like NFL coaches not winning playoff games. See Marty Schottenheimer, Wade Phillips, Jim Mora and countless others.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's his win % in bowl games, when it matters most? Interested to hear because coaches have gotten fired for less, just like NFL coaches not winning playoff games. See Marty Schottenheimer, Wade Phillips, Jim Mora and countless others.

Wow... are you being serious? The NFL isnt college and college isnt the NFL. Comparing the two in that way is just asinine.

See Llyod Carr (6-7 in bowl games), Bob Stoops (7-6), Nick Saban (7-6), Lavell Edwards(7-15), Jim Tressel (6-4 while losing two straight national championships), Mack Brown (12-7), Steve Spurrier (8-9), Vince Dooley (8-10), Bo Schembechler (5-12), ... you know what F it, I think I made my point.

But in case I didnt I'll just use the greatest college coach of all time as my prime example. He went 8 seasons without winning a bowl game. 8! So fire him? Insane. Oh and he went 15 and 12 in bowl games.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... are you being serious? The NFL isnt college and college isnt the NFL. Comparing the two in that way is just asinine.

See Llyod Carr (6-7 in bowl games), Bob Stoops (7-6), Nick Saban (7-6), Lavell Edwards(7-15), Jim Tressel (6-4 while losing two straight national championships), Mack Brown (12-7), Steve Spurrier (8-9), Vince Dooley (8-10), Bo Schembechler (5-12), ... you know what F it, I think I made my point.

But in case I didnt I'll just use the greatest college coach of all time as my prime example. He went 8 seasons without winning a bowl game. 8! So fire him? Insane. Oh and he went 15 and 12 in bowl games.
Yes, I am being serious. None of these guys you showed me have 33% win percentages in bowl games apart from two of them. They are all much higher hanging around 50% percent. So it's basically irrelevant information. These guys also had atleast one big time win in a bowl game that propelled their careers. The closest Bielema's came to that was the Capital One Bowl his first year with an inherited team. Been all downhill since then.

Sorry for my comparison since I guess it's just off the wall absurd. I mean really who in the right mind would compare two leagues of the same sport?!?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I am being serious. None of these guys you showed me have 33% win percentages in bowl games apart from two of them. They are all much higher hanging around 50% percent. So it's basically irrelevant information. These guys also had atleast one big time win in a bowl game that propelled their careers. The closest Bielema's came to that was the Capital One Bowl his first year with an inherited team. Been all downhill since then.

Sorry for my comparison since I guess it's just off the wall absurd. I mean really who in the right mind would compare two leagues of the same sport?!?

because the post season of the two is so extremely different.

Of all those people I showed you only a few are currently active. So its a full career we are looking at, I assumed me pointing out certain coaches losing streaks a couple times would make it obvious that if you judge a career at a certain point you wouldnt get the full picture. Also hoped that you picked up on the difference between post season in college and the NFL, that if you went .500 in the nfl it wouldnt be as successful as going .500 in the post season in college. But clearly this has all gone over your head. SMFH

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because the post season of the two is so extremely different.

Of all those people I showed you only a few are currently active. So its a full career we are looking at, I assumed me pointing out certain coaches losing streaks a couple times would make it obvious that if you judge a career at a certain point you wouldnt get the full picture. Also hoped that you picked up on the difference between post season in college and the NFL, that if you went .500 in the nfl it wouldnt be as successful as going .500 in the post season in college. But clearly this has all gone over your head. SMFH
Yeah i did pick up the difference between playoffs. I agree there's a difference. Bowl games are like one game Super Bowls. Didn't know it warranted a comment at the time.

I also think it would be foolish to compare Bret Bielema to any of those coaches. They never had as bad of in game decision making and just lack of having your team prepared for so many games as Bret has had over the course of the last few seasons, and especially this one.

Shake your "f'ing" head at me all you want. That won't change the fact we're 3-2 against a powderpuff schedule. And have looked ****-poor in the 3 wins, with a talented roster.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i did pick up the difference between playoffs. I agree there's a difference. Bowl games are like one game Super Bowls. Didn't know it warranted a comment at the time.

I also think it would be foolish to compare Bret Bielema to any of those coaches. They never had as bad of in game decision making and just lack of having your team prepared for so many games as Bret has had over the course of the last few seasons, and especially this one.

Shake your "f'ing" head at me all you want. That won't change the fact we're 3-2 against a powderpuff schedule. And have looked ****-poor in the 3 wins, with a talented roster.

Thing is we dont have a talented roster. Too many players left last season. Cant tell me that O line is talented. Its not. Shaky at QB. WR position is a joke. Defense isnt great but not bad.

You saying none of those coaches had as bad in game management is a false blanket statement. I wonder how many of those coaches you watched throughout their career to make a statement like that. None? Yeah thats kinda obvious.

IF you noted the difference between college ftball postseason and nfl postseason then why did you make the comparison in the first place?

Would like to note the badgers lost to the 14th ranked team in the country and Nebraska. Both away games and very tough games. Both were competitive games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
worst thing you can do is overreact to something like that and cause instability in a program.

OMG HE LOST THE ROSE BOWL!!! FIRE EVERYONE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is we dont have a talented roster. Too many players left last season. Cant tell me that O line is talented. Its not. Shaky at QB. WR position is a joke. Defense isnt great but not bad.

You saying none of those coaches had as bad in game management is a false blanket statement. I wonder how many of those coaches you watched throughout their career to make a statement like that. None? Yeah thats kinda obvious.

IF you noted the difference between college ftball postseason and nfl postseason then why did you make the comparison in the first place?
Well if the roster isn't talented, who's fault is that? A good coach keeps his roster talented- atleast somewhat, year in and year out.

Personally, I've seen a good portion of 5/9. None have shown the inability to know when to call a timeout like BB is know for.

Because they ARE mostly the same. They have their differences, obviously but for the most part, are pretty similar.

L

Lunchboxer

Yea but most of those wins came from small schools that Badgers beat up on big time and the B10 isnt a strong power house of a conference.

I would love it if the badgers can compete against a big time school year in and year out. Like LSU or Alabama ect. They dont have that physical mentally.

Also they dont win when its a huge game. Aside from the B10 title game. BB underperforms in Big time games on that national stage.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know your team is bad when you come into the room and see on the TV a rank number next to the other team and there is no number next to your team.
Gotta face the music. The Badgers just suck this year.
They'll probably get into one of those little tiny irrelevant bowl games this year.
Such as the Fruit and Nut or the Tie-D-Bowl.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea but most of those wins came from small schools that Badgers beat up on big time and the B10 isnt a strong power house of a conference.

I would love it if the badgers can compete against a big time school year in and year out. Like LSU or Alabama ect. They dont have that physical mentally.

Also they dont win when its a huge game. Aside from the B10 title game. BB underperforms in Big time games on that national stage.

didnt they beat #1 OSU 2 years ago?

Members online

Latest posts