Official Aaron Rodgers Fed Ex Air Player of the Week

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
********!

He's not even nominated this week!?

You're right.

WTF, is 4 touchdowns with under 300 yards not good enough to get nominated? Or is the fact that we played a weaker opponent, but a DIVISION RIVAL not good enough?

Lets see Brady had more yards less completion percentage and less touchdowns but hey we always need to have Brady, or else the AFC will feel left out. And we must all love Brady or you hate football.

Brees just throws a lot so lets just put him on there, even though the Falcons did a good job of keeping him in check. But hey he is Drew Brees and who can forget him raising his kid in the SB.

And OMG the stars aligned and Romo had a decent game, we MUST COVER THIS!! EVERYONE LOVES DALLAS. Yes he had good accuracy and was a good pick to be nominated, its hard to argue this one with facts, EXEPT FLYNN WAS %100 and had a run in touchdown.

Yes that is Packers biased but how was Rodgers not even nominated? Are they afraid that yes it will become the FedEX Air Rodgers award? Hopefully he gets nominated for NFC Offensive player of the week, but I doubt it, its probably going to Romo so everyone can have a field day.

On another note, I just realize the dock in OS X acts as a mirror to text if its close enough.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Nope, ****ey still holds it. If only ****ey would have had a defense, he would be one of the great Packers players.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2011/REG/10
Since I can't stand the Cheaters or the Cowboys I voted Drew Brees with the arm. Besides, he has bigger/better passes in his highlights.
Michael Bush with the legs.

What I don't understand is why we don't get to vote for receivers.
I know why we don't; FedEx is being cute. Catching the ball doesn't fit in with sending packages.
But receivers should be on there too.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Cris Carter of ESPN: "You need to keep it in perspective. There are number of guys whose level we can talk about the level he is playing to. Let’s go to (Dan) Marino and (Joe) Montana. They have played to this level. (Tom) Brady and (Brett) Favre have played to this level, more recently Brady. Joe Montana to me was the greatest quarterback in my era, because of what he could do for an offense. But Joe couldn’t throw the ball to all parts of the field. Brady, Marino and Favre they throw the ball, but the opposition touches the football. They throw the ball into coverage because they believe in their arm strength. But the opposition touches the ball more. The thing about Aaron Rodgers, he doesn’t throw interceptions. He doesn’t even throw balls the DBs touch. So there are fewer mistakes he is going to be able to make. And he can throw to every part of the football field. And with the nuances of today’s NFL game, with what the quarterback can do, I believe that’s what separates him from all these others players."
  • Tom Jackson of ESPN: "He is getting hit – 11 sacks over the course of the last three games – but he has an almost 80% completion percentage. What you have is a quarterback who is at his best and who does not care about getting hit. You don’t find that in any quarterback in the National Football League."
  • Mike Ditka of ESPN: "We talk about Green Bay quarterbacks – Bart Starr, three NFL championships two Super Bowls. This guy here, I don’t know. I think he has good receivers, and he makes them better because of where he puts the football. He puts the football where they are the only guys that can catch it. You don’t see that from a lot of quarterbacks.
  • Keyshawn Johnson of ESPN: "He’s Peyton Manning, he’s Tom Brady, and he’s Michael Vick, all rolled up in one like a sushi roll. I think that’s who he is. Yes, he has good receivers. But he makes them even better. Receivers like to catch the football like it is a handoff. Whenver the quarterback can throw the football 50-plus yards down the field, and make it like a handoff, you can run with it. Receivers are like, that’s the guy I want to play with."
  • Terry Bradshaw of Fox: "It’s only been a couple of years. We said Tom Brady was the best ever when he was 18-0. And the Giants took care of them in the Super Bowl. We have seen it with Peyton Manning when he had 48 touchdown passes. We get so caught up with the best ever. He’s have the best season of all this year. And I’m loving him watch him play. But I am not one of those guys to get caught up in the best ever thing."
  • Troy Aikman of Fox: “I don’t know if I seen a quarterback playing this well as consistently as has he has ever,” Aikman said.

D

Dan115

• Cris Carter of ESPN: "You need to keep it in perspective. There are number of guys whose level we can talk about the level he is playing to. Let’s go to (Dan) Marino and (Joe) Montana. They have played to this level. (Tom) Brady and (Brett) Favre have played to this level, more recently Brady. Joe Montana to me was the greatest quarterback in my era, because of what he could do for an offense. But Joe couldn’t throw the ball to all parts of the field. Brady, Marino and Favre they throw the ball, but the opposition touches the football. They throw the ball into coverage because they believe in their arm strength. But the opposition touches the ball more. The thing about Aaron Rodgers, he doesn’t throw interceptions. He doesn’t even throw balls the DBs touch. So there are fewer mistakes he is going to be able to make. And he can throw to every part of the football field. And with the nuances of today’s NFL game, with what the quarterback can do, I believe that’s what separates him from all these others players."
  • Tom Jackson of ESPN: "He is getting hit – 11 sacks over the course of the last three games – but he has an almost 80% completion percentage. What you have is a quarterback who is at his best and who does not care about getting hit. You don’t find that in any quarterback in the National Football League."
  • Mike Ditka of ESPN: "We talk about Green Bay quarterbacks – Bart Starr, three NFL championships two Super Bowls. This guy here, I don’t know. I think he has good receivers, and he makes them better because of where he puts the football. He puts the football where they are the only guys that can catch it. You don’t see that from a lot of quarterbacks.
  • Keyshawn Johnson of ESPN: "He’s Peyton Manning, he’s Tom Brady, and he’s Michael Vick, all rolled up in one like a sushi roll. I think that’s who he is. Yes, he has good receivers. But he makes them even better. Receivers like to catch the football like it is a handoff. Whenver the quarterback can throw the football 50-plus yards down the field, and make it like a handoff, you can run with it. Receivers are like, that’s the guy I want to play with."
  • Terry Bradshaw of Fox: "It’s only been a couple of years. We said Tom Brady was the best ever when he was 18-0. And the Giants took care of them in the Super Bowl. We have seen it with Peyton Manning when he had 48 touchdown passes. We get so caught up with the best ever. He’s have the best season of all this year. And I’m loving him watch him play. But I am not one of those guys to get caught up in the best ever thing."
  • Troy Aikman of Fox: “I don’t know if I seen a quarterback playing this well as consistently as has he has ever,” Aikman said.
Favre He just kind of fell into a good situation.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't think Rodgers will be nominated for FedEx player of the week, this week, but eh it was a bad game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. StyleZ, now its time to get our QB more awards, wonder where he puts all of them. His trophy wall would probably have to become a trophy room.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on yards-per-pass for Rodgers: if Rodgers had the same number of attempts as Brees (Brees has winged 496 to Aaron's 408), Arod's #s would look like this...

• 351-496,
  • 70.6%,
  • 4673 yards,
  • 45 TDs,
  • 6 INT
  • in 12 games....

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Think Rodgers may of won himself FedEx offensive player of the year award again, hope he is too busy to accept it again.

Staff online

Members online