Official Aaron Rodgers Fed Ex Air Player of the Week

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never thought of that. It took a bye for him not to win.

I'm thinking it would be funny if whoever puts the voting together makes a blunder, forgets Aaron Rodgers has a bye this week and puts him on the list anyway because they are so used to him being on it and winning. Aaron should have them conditioned by now. All the Pack fans would vote for him! :)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You homer! LOL, so would I just to see him get the award even though he didn't even play! He's that good, he doesn't even have to take the field! :)
Too bad we can't vote to get him nominated. Then the writeup for this week would read:
Aaron Rodgers didn't play, didn't complete a pass nor run for any yards - but if he did you know he'd throw for 400, score 4 touchdowns and have a passer rating north of 130. Aaron Rodgers' POTENTIAL is worthy of a vote.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Aaron is also worthy to being Player of the Year for 2011 of the NFL. He is awesome!

The only way I can see him not winning it is if he is voted MVP and they give it to Tom Brady just to shut up the Brady lovers this year.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me a homer all you want, but I can't bring myself to vote for any other QB when they are going up against Aaron Rodgers.

Homer!! And I'm right there with you. I think this is funny that this has to be stickied and merged because it's a regular weekly occurrence now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. His MVP candicacy got even stronger after the bye week, with Brees and Brady stinking up the place.

Aaron Rodgers: only contained by hits in the head and food poisoning.

Well he didnt play, so in effect he was stopped.

He would have to stink up the joint for him to lose the MVP at this point.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he didnt play, so in effect he was stopped.

He would have to stink up the joint for him to lose the MVP at this point.
It's not even close. Much like last year with Brady. There were still some people saying Tom Brady deserved it (Clark Judge). But after this week, I doubt many will vote for him.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just curious if he'll break the most Fedex Air selections in a single season record?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the player who gets the most votes win any actual thing?
A plaque?
Even a certificate?
Free FedEx shipping?
Anything?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
A plaque?
Even a certificate?
Free FedEx shipping?
Anything?
I don't know if they get a tangible item, you know, something to hang on their wall but you'd have to think so. I'd be more impressed with a paycheck stub they get as a result of their play at negotiating time.
No matter what, they get the admiration of the entire NFL fanbase and consideration for year=end awards.

D

Dan115

And now NFC player of the month. Bart Starr was on the locale radio station here this morning. His take on Mr. Rodgers was just a little different than Favres.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
A plaque?
Even a certificate?
Free FedEx shipping?
Anything?

I would imagine they are winning the envy of all other QB's!! lol... like they are checking the voting totals daily!!:whistling:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking how funny it would be if he got nominated this week by default.
Well folks.
It happened.
Was a different one.
Not weekly, but how about monthly. Only Aaron Rodgers can get an award during a bye week!
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...er-award/04e87491-db9d-4068-94f0-3943a6b7ae92

His 12 touchdown passes are the most by a Packers quarterback in October in team history; Lynn ****ey threw 11 in October of 1984. Rodgers’ 1,455 yards passing and the 12 touchdown passes are personal bests in any month, and he padded his NFL passer rating lead in October with a 129.4 rating. Rodgers’ yards per pass attempt, 10.70, also led the league. The yardage total is the second-best in October in team history; ****ey threw for 1,482 yards in 1983, but that was in five games, Rodgers’ total is in four games.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
wearing the poll takers out by a weekly deal!

"Should we even take a vote this month??!?!?! :D"

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
They should save us all some time and just rename this the "Aaron Rodgers FedEx Air Player of the Week" award.

Members online

Latest posts