OFFICIAL 2018 1ST ROUND PICK Jaire Alexander

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A few tips for those upset about the Alexander pick and passing on Derwin James. You may be more effective if you:
  1. Use all caps. I always feel that I am more effectively persuaded when a person I don't know is YELLING at me on the internet.
  2. Bold specific words/phrases. When I see that a poster went to the trouble to click that "B," I'm like 'wow... they must feel strongly.'
  3. Use! As! Many! Exclamation! Points! As! You! Can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because using them at the beginning middle and end of every sentence in no way waters them down or detracts from their impact.
  4. Curse. A lot. Nothing saying intelligence like a few F bombs.
  5. When asking a rhetorical question, using at least six question marks. Understand?????? ? ?? ???
  6. When in doubt: USE ALL F*****G FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The real masters of persuasion know how to mix all of these strategies into a veritable potpourri of unassailable, air tight arguments.
Alright. I'm just gonna sit back now and let you brilliant thinkers convince me of your logical positions using these amazing tools and strategies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Would you rather have JAMES/EDMUNDS + JACKSON/HUGHES/HILL or Alexander + 1st round pick?
Hughes was drafted by the Vikings Einstein, how do you get him and James/Edmunds? Also, the Packers are still sitting in the same place in Rd. 2 as they started so your + thing makes absolutely zero sense.

Now to get to the meat of your question....

Alexander + a first round pick > James/Edmunds

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hughes was drafted by the Vikings Einstein, how do you get him and James/Edmunds? Also, the Packers are still sitting in the same place in Rd. 2 as they started so your + thing makes absolutely zero sense.

Now to get to the meat of your question....

Alexander + a first round pick > James/Edmunds

Packers could have drafted back up. And if you read my post you would see that if they werent able to move up into the 1st , they could probably move up to snag Jackson/Hill.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...dude can you turn of the brights, you are driving too loud!

So not drafting Ridley, Michel and Guice, who by the way is still available....doomed this franchise?
My Point is there's a reason that the Falcons just got even that much better than us after day 1.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Would you rather have JAMES/EDMUNDS + JACKSON/HUGHES/HILL or Alexander + 1st round pick?
You are sure putting a lot of stock into players that NONE of us know if they will be productive. You know there is such thing as players being over hyped. Let’s take a look at the 2016 draft class as we can’t really judge the 2017 draft class yet DeForest Buckner, Vernon Hargreaves, Corey Coleman, Shaq Lawson, Darron Lee, Laquon Treadwell, all HIGHLY regarded coming into the draft. Pretty insignificant at this point considering where they went. We took a guy, you might know him Kenny Clark. Not a **** pick, everyone was kind of like “eh”. Now, Kenny Clark is one of the top 5 defensive players to come out of that class. So honestly not a single person can complain RIGHT NOW, that we did not select another player. We could have ended up with the best player in the draft at this point. It’s all unknown. Don’t lose sleep over it just yet my friend.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, actually, you were.
So the packers who have drafted 4 CB's in the past 3 years and let one of the best in the league go ( Hayward) and your answer is the oldest CB in the league? The packers have drafted more DB's than any team the last few years and we have a 38 yr old starter. Laughable, really.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My Point is there's a reason that the Falcons just got even that more better than us after day 1.

I know it was a typo so I won't comment on the fact that the Falcons just got even that more better than us.

How did they get "more better" than us? By drafting Ridley? How many NFL catches, yds and TD's does Ridley have?

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are sure putting a lot of stock into players that NONE of us know if they will be productive. You know there is such thing as players being over hyped. Let’s take a look at the 2016 draft class as we can’t really judge the 2017 draft class yet DeForest Buckner, Vernon Hargreaves, Corey Coleman, Shaq Lawson, Darron Lee, Laquon Treadwell, all HIGHLY regarded coming into the draft. Pretty insignificant at this point considering where they went. We took a guy, you might know him Kenny Clark. Not a **** pick, everyone was kind of like “eh”. Now, Kenny Clark is one of the top 5 defensive players to come out of that class. So honestly not a single person can complain RIGHT NOW, that we did not select another player. We could have ended up with the best player in the draft at this point. It’s all unknown. Don’t lose sleep over it just yet my friend.
If GB's track record of picking CB's tells us anything, we are in for another long year.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it was a typo so I won't comment on the fact that they just got more better than us.

How did they get "more better" than us? By drafting Ridley? How many NFL catches, yds and TD's does Ridley have?
Because they already have difference makers on Defense. Probably because of a combination of free agency and not whiffing on CB's/Safeties.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers could have drafted back up. And if you read my post you would see that if they werent able to move up into the 1st , they could probably move up to snag Jackson/Hill.

The Packers did move back up in the first after the trade with the Saints. Had they not made that trade and drafted Edmunds/James as your propose, how do they move back up in the round to get Hughes?

They can still move up to draft Jackson or Hill, how does what they did yesterday prevent them from doing that today? Will they? Now that they have Alexander, I doubt it.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams started last year...I don't see the problem?
The problem is the packers drafted 4 CB's in the past 3 years and let one of the best in the league go ( Hayward) and your answer is the oldest CB in the league? The packers have drafted more DB's than any team the last few years and we have a 38 yr old starter that we got rid of previously.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers did move back up in the first after the trade with the Saints. Had they not made that trade and drafted Edmunds/James as your propose, how do they move back up in the round to get Hughes?

They can still move up to draft Jackson or Hill, how does what they did yesterday prevent them from doing that today? Will they? Now that they have Alexander, I doubt it.
You Stay put at 14. Trade a 3rd round and Josh Jones or a combination of picks to move up into the early 2nd round to get another CB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Because they already have difference makers on Defense. Probably because of a combination of free agency and not whiffing on CB's/Safeties.

Ahh you see now we are getting somewhere. So your issue isn't just with what happened yesterday, its with the whole Packer philosophy of not using the crystal ball that the NFL hands out to each team? Makes more sense now.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is the packers drafted 4 CB's in the past 3 years and let one of the best in the league go ( Hayward) and your answer is the oldest CB in the league? The packers have drafted more DB's than any team the last few years and we have a 38 yr old starter that we got rid of previously.

So the answer is to not draft any more CB's?

Williams is a good player, a good leader, and fairly cheap. I don't see the problem.

We've been pretty good at drafting DB's. I'm not too worried about it. Getting out of Caper's scheme will help a lot.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Value Based Drafting

1) Derwin James was unanimously ranked (ESPN,CBS, FOX) in the top 10 of best players in the draft and top 2 at his position although most had him #1.

The people whose opinions actually matter--NFL GM's--did not think Derwin James was a top 10 talent. In fact, they didn't think he was a top 15 talent. People need to stop taking media rankings so seriously.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hayward was drafted in 2012. The Packers have drafted 3 CB's in the last 3 years (King, Randall, Rollins).

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the answer is to not draft any more CB's?

Williams is a good player, a good leader, and fairly cheap. I don't see the problem.

We've been pretty good at drafting DB's. I'm not too worried about it. Getting out of Caper's scheme will help a lot.
Name the DB's we have drafted in the past 10 years who have made the pro bowl? Not including Nick Collins (RIP)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are correct in that many thought before the draft that James has that potential, but 16 teams chose other players. Now I get the QB needy teams not picking him, but that still leaves 12 other teams and 12 other players, that were considered a better pick than James. 13, if you include the Packers.
We can't include the Packers because everybody knows that anything they do is wrong lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You Stay put at 14. Trade a 3rd round and Josh Jones or a combination of picks to move up into the early 2nd round to get another CB.
Why would you trade Josh Jones? Would you have traded Casey Hayward after his 1st season?

We can still move up can't we, they haven't started Round 2 yet. You aren't making a lot of sense here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts